LD Olli Juolevi - TPS, Liiga (2016, 5th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Only the Canuck fanbase on his forum is this hostile towards their own prospects. The other Canuck fan communities are not like this. It's one thing to realize that there are players ahead of him doing better very early, (Sergechev, Tkachuk, Keller), but it's another thing to hate him, and want him to fail badly, like some loser Canucks fans here.

not bad that he was a +3 in a 6-5 losing cause.

He's still got a bronze medal game coming up, no clue what that is, some European hockey followers fill us in on this?

Short version; you guys in the NA get rings, we here get medals.

Long version: its not the same thing, but it sounded way better.
- here in Finland its always been like so; (like in the worlds)
League champions are also awarded with gold medals, 2nd place finishers
get silver medals and those who did not qualify to the finals,
play a 1 game bronze medal bout and the winner gets bronze medals.

Champions win the Canada Bowl (which was donated by the Canadian Hockey Federation)
2nd place finishers get only the silver medals
Winners of the bronze medal game win no extra trophy, only the medals.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Does anyone know what the kids plans are for the next season? I hope he gets to try his skills in the NHL soon.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest

Take it for what it is, probably not saying a whole lot as him and Mete are the only notable guys bouchard played with.

Would be interesting if the nucks landed Bouchard though. Could see that being a nice top-pairing (two #2s w/o the true #1). However i envisioning Juolevi as a Lindholm type here and it seems its his D that's his big weakness so this pairing could end up being a tire fire in its own end lol.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014

Take it for what it is, probably not saying a whole lot as him and Mete are the only notable guys bouchard played with.

Would be interesting if the nucks landed Bouchard though. Could see that being a nice top-pairing (two #2s w/o the true #1). However i envisioning Juolevi as a Lindholm type here and it seems its his D that's his big weakness so this pairing could end up being a tire fire in its own end lol.

Nice to hear thanks for sharing :)

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Does anyone know what the kids plans are for the next season? I hope he gets to try his skills in the NHL soon.

AHL most likely judging from his play this year. Not NHL ready yet in my eyes but barring any injuries he should be a lock to get called up some time next year. Not counting out the possibility of making it out of the camp either.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
g4tv-pong-flash-games-flash-games-break-most-addicting-flash_100857_D.jpg

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver
Where is all the controversy about Laine and Ehlers literally buying TVs on the road to play their video games? Judging by their playoff performances , that seems a more reasonable discussion.

Olli was the wrong pick, but he’ll be fine. The thing that scares me most is him being eaten alive by the Van media/fans. Hes the next Edler IMO, a fine dman whos lofty expectations always overshadowed his abilities on the ice.

Hopefully he has thick skin

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Where is all the controversy about Laine and Ehlers literally buying TVs on the road to play their video games? Judging by their playoff performances , that seems a more reasonable discussion.

I'm lost for words. The controversy isn't about using the free time to play video games. A huge part of young players probably do that, and there is no talk about it because it simply has no effect on your hockey skills whether you spend evenings on computers or with your family. The problem comes in when a player doesn't sleep because of the video games.

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver
I'm lost for words. The controversy isn't about using the free time to play video games. A huge part of young players probably do that, and there is no talk about it because it simply has no effect on your hockey skills whether you spend evenings on computers or with your family. The problem comes in when a player doesn't sleep because of the video games.

You kind of proved my point. Its a ridiculous topic and shouldnt be discussed. My point was why is a teenager being heavily criticized because of nothing but speculation when actual NHLers in the midst of a playoff conference finals admit to gaming haed probably to get their minds off hockey? Media is always known to blow things out of proportion , after all that is their job

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
You kind of proved my point. Its a ridiculous topic and shouldnt be discussed. My point was why is a teenager being heavily criticized because of nothing but speculation when actual NHLers in the midst of a playoff conference finals admit to gaming haed probably to get their minds off hockey? Media is always known to blow things out of proportion , after all that is their job
The reason this is a topic is because Marek said the player's video game hobby is at the point where he doesn't sleep, which actually has an effect on his play on ice. If the story was that a CHL player spends his evenings gaming, like many others, no one would have cared a bit and we wouldn't be here

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
no it was a player playing a year ago
“And hopefully,” said Marek, ”And again, this is information that’s six months old. Actually, you might say a year old now. But it’s a terrible story because this guy is a good junior hockey player. This guy is a good player and was a high pick – and I’m probably saying too much right there – but there’s a good chance he’s not going to make it to the NHL and his general manager said, ‘Yeah, video game addiction is bad. It’s bad with this kid.’ “

No. He says he heard the story a year ago. He says that the player "IS a good junior hockey player", which refers to current time.

Reactions: Szechwan and Red

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
“And hopefully,” said Marek, ”And again, this is information that’s six months old. Actually, you might say a year old now. But it’s a terrible story because this guy is a good junior hockey player. This guy is a good player and was a high pick – and I’m probably saying too much right there – but there’s a good chance he’s not going to make it to the NHL and his general manager said, ‘Yeah, video game addiction is bad. It’s bad with this kid.’ “

No. He says he heard the story a year ago. He says that the player "IS a good junior hockey player", which refers to current time.

juolevi is a good junior player

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

I don’t see that being a top pairing in the NHL, it would more likely be a 2nd pairing.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I heard he wears diapers so he doesn't have to get up to leave his gaming rig. Really unfortunate.

Reactions: deflowd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->