LD Olli Juolevi - TPS, Liiga (2016, 5th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
How is that completely off? It sounds pretty good to me. Of course a bit robotic, but still right.
When I clicked the link it was translating from Finnish to English and therefore it was completely off. You need to choose translate from English to Finnish and then play the audio for it to be correct... :laugh:

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
YOO-aw-leh-vee(kind of like saying the English words You-Awe-Levee in a row without pausing), except quicker of course. There's also secondary emphasis on the third syllable(as there usually is in Finnish).

It makes me so mad when all the announcers for the OHL are calling him Joe-lee-vi. Even the Knights home announcers are doing it. Why wouldn't you go and ask the guy how to pronounce his name before butchering it for 40+ games a year? :laugh:

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
One of the greatest mispronounced hockey names I remember was Juha Ylönen in one of EA Sports NHL games; it sounded like the guy was saying Yellow-nen :D

To keep this even a little on topic, there was a nice little article on YLE website about Juolevi today. I'm on a phone so I'm not able to post a link or a translation, but hopefully someone else is.

Unbiased

Oct 31, 2015
Trade down? :shakehead

Can you elaborate?

Aside from Matthews I'd honestly be fine trading any 2-5 pick down and picking up a significant haul back.

I really don't think in the long run Cychyrun is gonna be a tier above Juolevi in their careers, it would only make everything else coming back to the Leafs a bonus.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
You can press the audio button on the source side too. That one is Finnish on the original link.

Quite right. Sorry. The source audio sounds business. I listened to the English version. :shakehead

Orvelo

Jul 3, 2015
Can you elaborate?

Aside from Matthews I'd honestly be fine trading any 2-5 pick down and picking up a significant haul back.

I really don't think in the long run Cychyrun is gonna be a tier above Juolevi in their careers, it would only make everything else coming back to the Leafs a bonus.

I meant that juolevi is going pretty high and toronto is going to have a high draft pick.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Best Finnish d-man in this tournament. Not surprising as he is the only one with great potential.

Edit: Forgot Saarijärvi, but Juolevi has still better potential. But he has also potential to be an NHL player.

Last edited:

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
He has been good offensively, couple of blunders in the Russia game (the whole team started sucking though) and a small question mark defensively for me. I can agree that he has been arguably our best defender, but he could improve his defensive play.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
2 more assists today. Both were really nice. Must have played nearly 40 minutes too.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Just amazing how many draft-eligible players have been good in the WJC this year. Even more impressing when it's a d-man as is the case with Juolevi. I think he's been a bit up and down from what I've seen so far in this tournament but he's definitely been more good than bad and that's very good for a 98-born d-man. I think he looks better than Provorov did at the same tournament last year.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Clearly #1 D for Finland. Most points for defenseman in the tournament so far. Impressive showing getting shadowed by incredible play of Laine/Puljujarvi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad