LD Olli Juolevi - TPS, Liiga (2016, 5th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Did they draft him in the KHL draft?

No Juolevi is undrafted in KHL.
Jokerit signed him a junior contract into their KHL roster.

Juolevi is Jokerit's own prospect and he's represented Jokerit all the time in his career.
Jokerit's KHL roster is very stacked so probably Juolevi plays next season in Finnish Elite League or CHL

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Well, Tarasenko played in the KHL as 16 year old, why this kid can't?

Jokerit's KHL roster is very stacked.
If Juolevi cares his development and wants to be TOP15 pick next years draft.

It'll be better for him go to play some Finnish Elite League team example IFK Helsinki or Espoo Blues.
Or Canadian junior league example WHL / OHL.

Idon't know exactly what's the Jokerit's plan for Olli Juolevi's development.
But i think playing to KHL isn't option.

Last edited:

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
He was just drafted by the London Knights of the OHL in the CHL Import Draft. The same team that Maatta played for :)

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Unless they find him a team in Finland, I could see him going too. That would mean Jokerit would lose out on any transfer money though (should he continue straight to NHL from CHL).

I think it was reported earlier that NHL teams don't have to pay Jokerit any transfer money anymore since they are now considered KHL club(not part of IIHF agreement), not Finnish club.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/jaakiekko/art-1288669790528.html

Fawkes

Jan 16, 2006
Juolevi might already had some preliminary talks with London prior to the Import Draft. Many "lesser" Finnish prospects were selected before Juolevi, which was surprising, but might be explained with Juolevi's agent telling other teams he already had an agreement with London. It would not prevent other CHL teams from drafting Juolevi, but would make it less tempting. I'm just speculating here, but I've actually been expecting that Juolevi will go the CHL route since he hasn't signed a pro contract in Finland. Usually prospects of his caliber have pro contracts with Liiga teams at this point of their careers. For example Markus Niemeläinen and Juuso Välimäki (both picked in the Import Draft) have Liiga contracts, and Juolevi is a superior prospect compared to those two. If Juolevi is to report to London, the comparisons with Määttä will be inevitable. Määttä is better defensively but Juolevi has shown more offensive upside than Määttä had at same age.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
London has an excellent reputation plus had Maatta recently so it makes a ton of sense.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Where does this kid project in the NHL draft?

God if he is a first round projection, the Knights are gonna be awesome next year....

Marner
Jones
Tkachuk
Mete
Olli

a 4th overall and 4 projected first rounders?

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki

God if he is a first round projection, the Knights are gonna be awesome next year....

Marner
Jones
Tkachuk
Mete
Olli

Definitely has a 1st round potential. I've seen lists with him in top 15.

Will be a good draft for London Knights and Finland too.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu

Marner
Jones
Tkachuk
Mete
Olli

He has been ranked between 8-14 in the early listings.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010

Marner
Jones
Tkachuk
Mete
Olli

Better at his age than Ristolainen(8th), Honka(12th), Maatta(22nd) for example. So he should be pretty high if he continues to improve.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
He is most talented finnish D in long time IMO. Was best defenseman and had most icetime for a player in U20 ASM being just 16 year old. It's always differend to make transition to other country and small rink. If he manages to do it well we could see him cracking into top 10 maybe even 2nd highest D drafted after Chychrun. Exciting to see another finnish player to go excellent program in London.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
thanks for the responses! London will be stacked! Cant wait to watch that team next year and perhaps 2016/17

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Good choice for Olli.
Is London Knights GM Basil McRae a former NHL player.?

I remembering seen him visiting role in Mighty Ducks1 hockey movie in 90's.
Or do i remembering wrong?

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Might be 5th best D prospect from Finland ever (behind Ruotsalainen, Jutila, Berg and Pitkanen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad