Rumor: Lavoie: Gaudreau to be traded by free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Jonny is my favourite flame, if this rumour is true someone is going to get an amazing forward for pennies on the dollar. God what I’d give to slid gaudreau next to kadri on the second line
Landy - Mack- rants
Jonny - kadri - Bura

unreal. Realistically though it takes newhook or Byram ( and pluses) and that’s not happening for a luxury winger.

If I am the flames, not trading gaudreau for anything less than a top line centre prospect or a top pairing d prospect. Probably some pluses as well like a first rounder and a c prospect. The offers in this thread are an absolute joke. 100 point winger, maybe shouldn’t be your best player but as a #2/3 you’re gonna be laughing

You wouldn't play him with Mack?? They showed great chemistry together for team NA

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Y’all are full of shit and don’t know how to evaluate talent

Does that statement include Flames' management? Because they're the guys that have him up on the market. Listen I understand your fixation with Johnny Hockey but it appears your team has decided they want to return to being a tougher more Tkachuk-type team. You know getting back to a more classic CGY team and less of a dipsy doodling Euro hockey like Johnny plays.

If Domi is as great as you think he is, then you keep him.

Listen bud. Montreal loves Domi. They love his attitude and grit. They also loved Maxim Lapierre and Claude Lemieux. The Habs for all their "Flying Frenchmen" tales love their smashmouth hockey. The only problem being that we strangely now have too many Centres. Max has always wanted to play C and now that he's gotten a taste for it it's hard to give up. However Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are very young very promising natural Centres and Danault is a terrific 3rd line C with 2nd C numbers. But most importantly for a coach like Julien all three of those guys are more responsible defensively so if we can't get Max to agree to playing Wing it'll be best for all parties involved to separate.

As Scotty Bowman used to say "Love your players but never fall in love with them." If it's best to trade him now then so be it.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I think a Bennett/Domi/Tkachuk line would be killer in the playoffs, but the penalties they would take...

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Does that statement include Flames' management? Because they're the guys that have him up on the market. Listen I understand your fixation with Johnny Hockey but it appears your team has decided they want to return to being a tougher more Tkachuk-type team. You know getting back to a more classic CGY team and less of a dipsy doodling Euro hockey like Johnny plays.

Listen bud. Montreal loves Domi. They love his attitude and grit. They also loved Maxim Lapierre and Claude Lemieux. The Habs for all their "Flying Frenchmen" tales love their smashmouth hockey. The only problem being that we strangely now have too many Centres. Max has always wanted to play C and now that he's gotten a taste for it it's hard to give up. However Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are very young very promising natural Centres and Danault is a terrific 3rd line C with 2nd C numbers. But most importantly for a coach like Julien all three of those guys are more responsible defensively so if we can't get Max to agree to playing Wing it'll be best for all parties involved to separate.

As Scotty Bowman used to say "Love your players but never fall in love with them." If it's best to trade him now then so be it.

About 2% of Flames fans want to trade Gaudreau. The other 98% realize we might have to trade him if he wants to play out east.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
With 2 years left, he’ll have to go to a contender with some cap room to spare - COL, DAL, BOS are really the only choices I see maybe MTL

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
About 2% of Flames fans want to trade Gaudreau. The other 98% realize we might have to trade him if he wants to play out east.

Truth. But even the "he wants to play out east" talk isn't based on anything. He stated pretty clearly after the season this year he'd like to stay here long term. Not saying that 100% is what he wants, but it's more reliable than random whispers from someone's granny's mailman's masseuse's uncle.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary

Keep your Domi pal. The Flames already have 4-5 centers in their prime and another one transitioning into the role. Unless Montreal has Jack Eichel or Barkov to offer up, the Flames will just keep what they have.

Gaudreau is a trade candidate specifically because Taylor Hall has been linked to the Flames, so the more likely scenario is that Gaudreau is involved in a lateral trade, for a defenseman, futures or a package for Eichel. Domi quite simply put, does not make sense for the Flames to acquire. He’s not taking over Monahan’s spot, he’s not a shutdown center as you have explicitly stated. So Gaudreau for a 3rd line center? Makes zero sense. Just give up on the idea already, you’re just wasting your time and everyone elses.

MarkyMarkov

Jan 31, 2010
I would move Domi and 16OA for him. In. a vacuum, of course Gaudreau is worth a lot more than Domi - but 2 years of control means that is the highest I would go (aside from adding B level prospects/picks). If you can find a better offer and fit than that, go ahead.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I would move Domi and 16OA for him. In. a vacuum, of course Gaudreau is worth a lot more than Domi - but 2 years of control means that is the highest I would go (aside from adding B level prospects/picks). If you can find a better offer and fit than that, go ahead.

I don't see him going to Montreal, high taxes, speak French or get the F out, the media attention/fan attention.

I think he goes to a US eastern team(where his heart is), he goes with a trade or leaves as a UFA.

1021huss

Jan 26, 2010
Please say Boston. But what would the trade look like. Maybe something to do with rask and honestly I’d love to see looch come home and finish out his career even if it is a pre season game

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Neutral fan here saying he’d be a good fit in Philly, he would be their most talented offensive player and they have the assets to acquire him.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
That would be crazy if JG got traded.
Is this rumour because of his poor playoffs or just to shake up things?

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I still think trading him home to New Jersey makes sense.

Gaudreau and a low round pick like 5-7 for Palmieri and Zacha. It sounds like "oh, Palmieri isnt as good as JG." True, but it's more like 1 guaranteed year of Palmieri. 2 guaranteed years of Gaudreau. But after that, the Flames will still have Zacha. Palmieri could resign. Gaudreau could resign. But the guaranteed aspects past 2 years as the prospect and the future. Palmieri is someone they targeted before at the deadline, he was NJs top scorer. And Zacha a former first round pick, so the offer should at least not be insulting. And perhaps you could put conditions on resigning. We will see.

But this would help both teams I think if they still aim on contending relatively soon.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013

Gaudreau and a low round pick like 5-7 for Palmieri and Zacha. It sounds like "oh, Palmieri isnt as good as JG." True, but it's more like 1 guaranteed year of Palmieri. 2 guaranteed years of Gaudreau. But after that, the Flames will still have Zacha. Palmieri could resign. Gaudreau could resign. But the guaranteed aspects past 2 years as the prospect and the future. Palmieri is someone they targeted before at the deadline, he was NJs top scorer. And Zacha a former first round pick, so the offer should at least not be insulting. And perhaps you could put conditions on resigning. We will see.

But this would help both teams I think if they still aim on contending relatively soon.

The point of trading for Palmieri is playing him with Gaudreau. Either way, it's an awful offer for Calgary.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Going off of what Jimmy Hayes recently said.....

.....JH, and Bennett to Philly for Voracek, Ghost, and Frost.

The Flames aren't taking on cap hit like this when we need upgrades in other places on our roster, let alone the value being bad.

We don't need/want Ghost or Voracek.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Going off of what Jimmy Hayes recently said.....

.....JH, and Bennett to Philly for Voracek, Ghost, and Frost.

Oh, that's nice of you, two pieces you don't want and a prospect.
Flames counter with Monahan, Lucic and Valimaki for Couturier AND Patrick.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Oh, that's nice of you, two pieces you don't want and a prospect.
Flames counter with Monahan, Lucic and Valimaki for Couturier AND Patrick.
Take your frustration up with Jimmy Hayes homie. I'm only adding Bennett as the ''other piece going back to Philly'' and Frost as the ''juicy prospect'' to the rumor he said he is hearing.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB

Rental players get traded for more. Jersey will be asking for a 1st, top prospect and a player for Palmieri at the deadline. Some fans think Gaudreau won’t even return that with two years left. Ottawa paid a kings ransom for Duchene with only 2 years to free agency. I don’t expect Gaudreau to bring back that value. Obviously Duchene was a centre. But he’s not going to go for peanuts. With the cap staying put Gaudreau’s contract is now a value contract. That helps his value quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad