Laurent Brossoit is a Starting Goalie in the NHL

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
QWhSJb1.gif

Does he still get beat high or did the Jets fix him? Every Oilers goalie coached by Dustin Schwartz gives up the top half of the net.
Dustin Schwartz is a moron. Every goalie he gets to train, gets worse. It's not just the high glove side problem. It's positioning and basic movement skills too. He can f*** off like the rest of the front office jabronis.

Reactions: Del Preston

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
Small sample size of course but he has been our best goalie all year. Hope we can somehow sign him in the offseason.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
9-1-1 with the Jets. Always looks calm and collected in net. Good positioning. almost .940 SV% and about 2 GAA.

I just think he couldn't shine on the Oilers for obvious reason. Behind even a decent team he is a good starting goalie.

Solid goalie through and through.
the hambugular says " slow your roll!"

Reactions: Beerfish

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
He's not a starting goalie until he does it with a starter's workload. There has been an endless supply of goalies who put up gaudy numbers as a backup but can't sustain it, or stay healthy, over 50-65 games.

Reactions: Stubu

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
He's not a starting goalie until he does it with a starter's workload. There has been an endless supply of goalies who put up gaudy numbers as a backup but can't sustain it, or stay healthy, over 50-65 games.
If you've watched him all year you would realize this is a quality NHL goalie that has elevated his game and is extremely fundamentally sound and has so much structure in his game.

There also have been numerous starting NHL goalies that didn't start to show it until they were 25 ish or later. He's legitimate.

Nov 24, 2006
Who knows what his future is, but I’ve got to say he has not had a bad game this year on the Jets. He was incredible tonight and I think his only loss was letting in the winning goal in relief of Hellebuyck one game.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Is he taking the starter job this year? Unlikely, it seems, given Hallebuyck's contract.

Also, small sample size for a goalie, no?

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Who knows what his future is, but I’ve got to say he has not had a bad game this year on the Jets. He was incredible tonight and I think his only loss was letting in the winning goal in relief of Hellebuyck one game.

His loss was Hellebuyck's fault against Calgary.

Hellebuyck stunk the place out with softies got pulled and Brossoit took over for him.

Last edited:

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
Time for Hellebutt to sit down. If he plays Thursday in Nashville the Jets will get killed. Something is wrong with the guy this year. He has let in countless soft goals.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
The knock on him has always been that he has a "bad head." When the pressure is on, he sometimes cracks. It's not surprising that he's playing well in Winnipeg right now, a relatively easy team to backstop. What you really need to do is wait for a playoff game, or games when the going is tough for the team in general, before anointing him a starter.

He's always had the tools. But mental issues are an absolute kiss of death for goalies in the NHL. I hope he does become a starter one day.

Reactions: Stubu

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Super happy we have him right now.
He looks really confident and the Jets seem to get the bounces when he's in net.
He doesn't have to be a starter he just needs play even close to this when we need him.

I think giving him more starts is a good way to wake Hellebuyck up.
Summer of 2017 the Jets bring in Mason and that seemed to really light a fire under Helle.

I'd rather have 2 good goalies then one
His current hot streak will likely end but what the heck ride it out for a bit.
Dude is close to undefeated in 11 games.
The point production he's delivered is the difference between fighting for a playoff spot and fighting for the top seed in the division and conference.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
If you've watched him all year you would realize this is a quality NHL goalie that has elevated his game and is extremely fundamentally sound and has so much structure in his game.

There also have been numerous starting NHL goalies that didn't start to show it until they were 25 ish or later. He's legitimate.

He might be. I’m not willing to shout it from the rooftops yet.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I'm not worried about Hellebuyck. He hasn't been as bad as people have suggested, just not great and I believe he'll still turn it around.

This summer Brossoit will likely sign with a team that wants to run a tandem where he has a decent shot at 30-50 starts. If he excels again, then we can talk about him being a starter. But Brossoit plays a lot like Hellebuyck, so I think he's for real.

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
He's been a solid addition this year, but needs a much longer sample size of success before declaring that he's a legit starter.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He was terrible on the Oilers. One of the worst goalies I have ever seen on the team, whether the team was good or bad. Maybe he has become mentally stronger and more focused. He almost blew a 6 -1 lead against the Flames all by himself. Will never forget that game. One of the worst goaltending performances I have ever seen. It was embarrassing to watch. It certainly helps to play on a stronger defensive team as well.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
He was terrible on the Oilers. One of the worst goalies I have ever seen on the team, whether the team was good or bad. Maybe he has become mentally stronger and more focused. He almost blew a 6 -1 lead against the Flames all by himself. Will never forget that game. One of the worst goaltending performances I have ever seen. It was embarrassing to watch. It certainly helps to play on a stronger defensive team as well.
The worst goalie you have ever seen playing for the 2017-18 Oil. Talk about over the top coincidences, huh?

Reactions: DancesWithWookies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad