Laurent Brossoit is a Starting Goalie in the NHL

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The worst goalie you have ever seen playing for the 2017-18 Oil. Talk about over the top coincidences, huh?
What do you mean, the Oilers have had garbage teams for almost 30 years. I also said one of the worst, not the worst. Even compared to all the goalies in all those years he was one of the worst. That doesn't take anything away from him playing well now though. Good for him.

Last edited:

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Brossoit's numbers are pretty good at every level going back five years. His AHL stats with OKC/Bakersfield are decent, his NHL numbers are surprisingly good considering the Oilers, and he's carried that forward to the Jets.

25 years old. He's at the age where goalies figure it out, and he's been a starter at every level below the NHL.

The Oilers gave up on him. He's probably good. Good to see him have success, I was always reticent to trade him for Laddy Smid.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Why did the Oilers give up on him?

He was pretty awful for the Oilers and was prone to really back-breaking goals in terms of morale. He allowed an inordinate amount of stoppable goals.

I think it would have been a locker room issue if they went back into his season with him still on the roster. Pretty sure he had lost the faith of his teammates.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
The guy who played even worse for Nashville, and Montreal’s AHL team than he did in Edmonton. Right...

Dubnyk was so poor for the Habs farm team that despite the fact that they were starting Dustin Tokarski in the NHL playoffs due to Price's injury, they still sent Dubnyk home when the AHL season rather than summoning him to Montreal.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
dubynk played well in edmonton.
brossoit was so poor. you guys have no idea. he gave up so many soft goals. he wasnt ready

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
He's played 40 games in 5 years in the NHL. We should probably pump the brakes a bit and revisit this if he keeps it up for an extended time period. Louis Domingue is 16-4 this season. He's not a starting goalie.

Very nice stretch of games, but that's about all it is right now.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
dubynk played well in edmonton.
brossoit was so poor. you guys have no idea. he gave up so many soft goals. he wasnt ready

My problem with LB on the Oilers has been is rebound control. In the Jets games I've seen he's been infinitely better at it.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
The best adjective I can think of to describe Brossoit is "crisp". His movement is powerful but also efficient and controlled.

Disclaimer: I am most certainly NOT a goalie expert.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
What do you think that confirms? It doesn't say he turned down more money from Edmonton to go to Winnipeg. It says he los this job in Edmonton to Al Montoya then signed with the Jets.
It very specifically says that he turned down a higher offer from Edmonton. Re-read it.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
9-1-1 with the Jets. Always looks calm and collected in net. Good positioning. almost .940 SV% and about 2 GAA.

I just think he couldn't shine on the Oilers for obvious reason. Behind even a decent team he is a good starting goalie.

Solid goalie through and through.
Small sample size for $500 Alec.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I have done some research on this matter and can confirm that Laurent Brossoit is in fact not a starting goalie in the NHL.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
How do you turn down an offer when you didn't even get a qualifying offer?

Brossoit didn't play enough NHL games, so he ended up a Group 6 UFA.

They made him an offer(and a good one, by the sounds of it) like you would to any UFA, but he took less money for a fresh start with Winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad