Laurent Brossoit is a Starting Goalie in the NHL

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Well, I call him The Bross. The only thing close to that was in the 90s and the guys name was the new Boss (selanne). Real deal!

Anyway if anyone has extra 1st rounders avail and wants to win a Cup, trades inquires are always welcome!

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Glad he's doing well. I liked his Edmonton pads a lot.

Unfortunately, that's all I liked from him.

More and more evidence that Edmonton's goalie coach is awful.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
As a side note, he's training with Hellebuyck's miracle working coaches from the last off-season, which partly explains his incredible transformation from his Edmonton days. Teams will figure him out and he will regress, but he should experience a good amount of short-term success.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
As a side note, he's training with Hellebuyck's miracle working coaches from the last off-season, which partly explains his incredible transformation from his Edmonton days. Teams will figure him out and he will regress, but he should experience a good amount of short-term success.
So we're gud for a serious play off run, all we need to know.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
9-1-1 with the Jets. Always looks calm and collected in net. Good positioning. almost .940 SV% and about 2 GAA.

I just think he couldn't shine on the Oilers for obvious reason. Behind even a decent team he is a good starting goalie.

Solid goalie through and through.

I agree.

The Jets should trade Hellebuyck right now... easily get some nice futures for him.

A name to remember: Andrew Hammond

I remember about 10 games where Anders Nilsson (with the Oilers at the time) was looking like the second coming of Ken Dryden... then he turned into Dave Dryden.

Brian Boucher had 5 shutouts in a row.

... and of course who can forget about Scott Foster!

Yup, the Jets should trade Hellebuyck now!

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
QWhSJb1.gif

Does he still get beat high or did the Jets fix him? Every Oilers goalie coached by Dustin Schwartz gives up the top half of the net.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
QWhSJb1.gif

Does he still get beat high or did the Jets fix him? Every Oilers goalie coached by Dustin Schwartz gives up the top half of the net.
Jets fixed a lot of players... The Bross could just be thrown on to the mix. To speed thing up, how many players did the Jets break?

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I agree.

The Jets should trade Hellebuyck right now... easily get some nice futures for him.

A name to remember: Andrew Hammond

I remember about 10 games where Anders Nilsson (with the Oilers at the time) was looking like the second coming of Ken Dryden... then he turned into Dave Dryden.

Brian Boucher had 5 shutouts in a row.

... and of course who can forget about Scott Foster!

Yup, the Jets should trade Hellebuyck now!

We have no idea if Brossoit can sustain this level of play due to the small sample size.

He has been solid as a back up and we are not betting the farm on him.

We are just happy he is playing well at the moment especially when we got him for nothing.

Reactions: zar

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
We have no idea if Brossoit can sustain this level of play due to the small sample size.

He has been solid as a back up and we are not betting the farm on him.

We are just happy he is playing well at the moment especially when we got him for nothing.

That's fair.

... and I want to make sure it's known that my comment is not pointing to the Jets or Jet's posters. I think the OP is jumping the gun big-time.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
See Devan Dubynk, former Oilers goalie, now a real starting goalie in the NHL.

The guy who played even worse for Nashville, and Montreal’s AHL team than he did in Edmonton. Right...

Why did the Oilers give up on him?

Look at his career numbers

He was too inconsistent. He’d look lights out for a while, and then forget how to stop the puck. For the record, I wanted us to keep him, but Chia picking up Montoya meant we were going to be running like 3 backups if we kept LB

Reactions: zar

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
There are a sizable # of Jets fans both on social media and on HF that seem to think Brossoit should be our starter. But so far he's beaten Carolina, Arizona, Detroit x2, St. Louis, New Jersey, Chicago x2 and Vancouver. And lost to Calgary and Buffalo. I'm not sure if this is more he's really solid or he's just getting easy matchups.
Meanwhile Helle has beaten St Louis x2, LA, Van x2, Florida, New Jersey, Chicago, NYR, NYI, Philly, Edmonton x2 for none playoff teams. He's had some crazy good games against some and some not so good games against others.

Another hypothesis I have is somehow the Jets seems to limit HDSC when they are less sure of their goalie. Mybe the key for the Jets is to get a new journeyman every year.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wow, 11 games! What could possibly go wrong?

This goalie happens several times a year, he just changes names. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Glad he's doing well. I liked his Edmonton pads a lot.

Unfortunately, that's all I liked from him.

More and more evidence that Edmonton's goalie coach is awful.

Dude has absolutely no business being an NHL goalie coach.
Blows my mind.

"Dustin Schwartz joined the Edmonton Oilers as goaltending coach when the team fired Frederic Chabot on Nov. 24, 2014. Schwartz spent the past four seasons as a goaltending consultant with the Western Hockey League’s Edmonton Oil Kings. During his tenure, he helped the Oil Kings collect two WHL Championships as well as a Memorial Cup in 2014.

The Stettler, Alberta native has also served as a staff member at Vimy Ridge Academy in Edmonton, working as the schools goaltending instructor as well as teaching science. Last year, Schwartz served as the goaltending coach for Team Canada in their gold medal performance at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka tournament."

Pure nepotism, OBC, red wine summit garbage.

As for Bross, I've always liked him and hope he continues to play well. Good kid.

Reactions: Pointteen

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Enh, the guy is definitely serving the Jets well as a backup.

But as a Jets fan I have to point out that almost every backup has, at some point in time, been declared to have "starter potential" by (at the least) a vocal minority of the Jets HF boards community.

So I'd take this for what it is worth.

I mean, the guy is no Kevin McDougal.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He has been the far better goalie. I've always been a believer of "run the hot hand" when it comes to goalies, especially for a playoff team like Jets. I'd have started Brossoit almost twice as often as he actually has been. He'll return to earth at some point I'm sure, but play him until he does. Hellebuyck has been by far the worse goalie this season and Jets have unnecessarily given up tons of games this season.

Brossoit is 9-1-1, with one of those losses being due to Hellebuyck playing like garbage. Hellebuyck is 19-13-1. If Jets give up home advantage due to Maurice playing Hellebuyck too much, that'll be very unnecessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad