Laurent Brossoit is a Starting Goalie in the NHL

DancesWithWookies

Aug 22, 2011
Nah I am sure of it. Just his overall demeanor on the ice. Guy is smooth. Great positioning, solid glove hand. Will be a starter if the Jets don't sign him this season.

Reactions: Johnny HFBOARDS

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Looks like he'll be a cap causality this offseason, so I'm sure someone will give him that shot as a #1

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He has been beyond solid in Winnipeg and even stole a game for us against Vancouver that we had no business winning.

He has been. But as a goalie enthusiast and someone who watched him in Edmonton and may not be an Oilers fan, he played like he would struggle to stick around in the ECHL, much less the NHL. Good on him for finding his game. Saying he’s a starting goalie in such a small sample size is also premature. He’s never been a starter or faced the challenges of being one in this league.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
He is a very good backup right now, which is what we want him to be.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
He has looked good, but the quality of matchups needs to be considered. Hes been getting starts against AZ, Chi, Van, Det, NJ, STL, etc. His two strongest opponents were Buf and CGY, both resulted in a loss.

He took over for Hellebuyck in the Calgary game and took the loss for him.
That is his only regulation loss this season.

The loss from Buffalo was the result of a shootout which went into the late rounds.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Just go watch replays from last season. Seemed like 60% of the goals I seen him let in during highlights were very weak!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad