Post-Game Talk: Last Preseason Game: Canucks 1 vs Coyotes 4: Minimalist PGT. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
Motte, and Archibald will be sent down, as you could have predicted before the pre-season even started.

I think it must be extremely demotivating to know you never had a chance. For instance, I don't think Gaunce ever had a shot at making this team.

I could understand if we gave some guys with more upside a shot but most of these guys are what they are and not going to get better

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Motte, and Archibald will be sent down, as you could have predicted before the pre-season even started.
Oh yes, Archibald too is all but certain to be a goner tomorrow despite apparently beating Schaller out for the fourth line lw bang and crash job by a decisive margin.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I think it must be extremely demotivating to know you never had a chance. For instance, I don't think Gaunce ever had a shot at making this team.

I could understand if we gave some guys with more upside a shot but most of these guys are what they are and not going to get better
If it's possible to make team spirit even worse than it already is breaking your word to the players and playing clear favorites with the last cuts ought to accomplish that easily.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

It's pretty sad that a kid who had been a regular on the team for two years and was out for a long time with a major injury basically gets two pre season games and then that's it. It's not like Schaller showed any more than he did.

Oh well. That's the canucks for you.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Some are putting too much emphasis on the opening night roster.. injuries happen, if Gaunce picks it up he could be back up soon.. so could a lot of guys so as another poster astutely said earlier we need to have some patience.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Some are putting too much emphasis on the opening night roster.. injuries happen, if Gaunce picks it up he could be back up soon.. so could a lot of guys so as another poster astutely said earlier we need to have some patience.
Oh we're going to need to be patient alright. And I'm talking in terms of years, not weeks or months. But I'm in for the long haul, I have 48 years of experience with this and I have found following really bad Canuck teams has it's own rewards.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Oh we're going to need to be patient alright. And I'm talking in terms of years, not weeks or months. But I'm in for the long haul, I have 48 years of experience with this and I have found following really bad Canuck teams has it's own rewards.

Yikes. Im a newbie closing in on 25 years. Show us your ways senpai.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Hahaha! I guess it's a total fail then. Then they might as well go get the Sedins back. It's Henrik they need, really. Maybe Daniel could coach? Why not, at this point?

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Arizona fan in peace.

I can understand you are depressed. Still, with all those posts, you may undervalue your team. With a slight adjustment of the aiming, those might have gone in. And you would have had a ton of goals.

You might be closer to being in the games than you think.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Performances aside, the thing I am most disappointed in this pre-season is the lack of effort from almost everyone on the team that SHOULD be playing ballz out trying to make the team. Over half the roster should have come into camp with fire in their belly and a chip on their shoulder. This kind of effort will quickly suck the air out of the pro-rebuild crowd that was going to start buying tickets to see "the kids" show some 80's Tanti/Skriko/Williams type jump out on the ice. This market can handle a losing team if it plays with emotion....this team so far? Not so much...

I have to agree. It's almost like after day 1 of training camp where Green decided to show everybody who was boss and had some players literally throwing up due to the extreme nature of the practising this whole team has decided that they will not play for the guy. When guys like Horvat are playing without any obvious effort or emotion it is clearly serious. Nobody who was here last year looks better and some, like Pouliot look embarrassingly bad. Boeser looks like he is dreaming of a new team (perhaps his letting his ELC play out was the first hint) and it sure seems to me that the players who have had very little exposure to Green and his coaching staff played the best in this pre season. If this team continues with this uninspired play he will be history by Halloween...

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Two Hughes kids are better than one.... Only way you can get those players are to totally tank.. just like the Oilers, Leafs, and Penguins have done in the past...... Its gotta be done and Benning is all over it!!!!!!!

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Canucks have too many washed of veterans in Eriksson and gagner. They dont deserve to play.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Just remember everyone:

We’re supposed to be competing with the elite by now.

Not by my diagnosis.

I’ve always been consistent with my message.

1) a good rebuild will take 5-7 years.
2) this rebuild started in 2014 when we traded Luongo.

Yes - it’s true that I predicted that we would get between 85-88 points this season (and I’ll liklwy be way off), but I still maintain that the Canucks will be a playoff team in 2020-2021.....with the future looking extremely bright.

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
Not by my diagnosis.

Yes - it’s true that I predicted that we would get between 85-88 points this season (and I’ll liklwy be way off), but I still maintain that the Canucks will be a playoff team in 2020-2021.....with the future looking extremely bright.

This seems like revisionist history. Management hasn't acknowledge a rebuild and hasn't acted like they're rebuilding (trading Hamhuis at the deadline would be something a rebuilding team would do).

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Really impressed with the way Goldobin is progressing. Seems like he's starting to realize what an amazing opportunity he has here to turn this into an NHL career. It's nice to see, because I was getting a little worried about him. Let's hope he gets plenty of top 6 opportunities this season and continues his upward trajectory.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Ass.

This team is just a big fat smelly ass.

I fell asleep ten minutes into the third period because the game was boring as it's the same thing we've seen all pre-season.

Big gigantic smelly ass.

That is the 2018-2019 Vancouver Canucks.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Not by my diagnosis.

Its Bennings diagnosis when he took over the team he is referring to, nor your fantasy diagnosis.

Your definition of a rebuild includes trading picks and young players for no 5 d-men, and signing 36 million dollar contracts to 30+ players. Hot take thats not a rebuild

Reactions: racerjoe

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
It's pretty sad that a kid who had been a regular on the team for two years and was out for a long time with a major injury basically gets two pre season games and then that's it. It's not like Schaller showed any more than he did.

Oh well. That's the canucks for you.
It is sad that Gaunce was a regular. Schaller showed a lot more than Gaunce last year. Earning a contract while the other will be passed over by every team in Nhl. Hard to know how each player behaves off the ice but the Canucks are looking for role models from their depth players. I understand and can get on board with that idea being flawed. That we should focus on on ice value where you use cheapest guy that can do that job and focus money on more top end assets. In the end Gaunce did not show enough to stay on a bad team. He has chance to refine his game to become more aggressive and a leader. If he does he could be a Schaller and Beagle type player yet for years to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad