Post-Game Talk: Last Preseason Game: Canucks 1 vs Coyotes 4: Minimalist PGT. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Is it just me or does anyone else think that this team isn’t very good right now?

tenor.gif

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Is it just me or does anyone else think that this team isn’t very good right now?
Its not been good for the last few years
and it might be worse then last years team...but when you fail to bring in more goal scoring and bring back the same defence that sucked the year before and have ahl talent goaltending.
I just dont see this team winning very many games this year.

member 290103

Its not been good for the last few years
and it might be worse then last years team...but when you fail to bring in more goal scoring and bring back the same defence that sucked the year before and have ahl talent goaltending.
I just dont see this team winning very many games this year.

Imagine how good the prospect pool will be in like 5 years. We'll have such a great prospect pool to look forward to then.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
5 years? How about 10 years? We're gonna have such a good prospect pool in 10 years! Maybe the best ever!

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
its just pre-season relax

it's almost meaningless... we're top 5 pick bad but not buffalo bad

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Performances aside, the thing I am most disappointed in this pre-season is the lack of effort from almost everyone on the team that SHOULD be playing ballz out trying to make the team. Over half the roster should have come into camp with fire in their belly and a chip on their shoulder. This kind of effort will quickly suck the air out of the pro-rebuild crowd that was going to start buying tickets to see "the kids" show some 80's Tanti/Skriko/Williams type jump out on the ice. This market can handle a losing team if it plays with emotion....this team so far? Not so much...

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Performances aside, the thing I am most disappointed in this pre-season is the lack of effort from almost everyone on the team that SHOULD be playing ballz out trying to make the team. Over half the roster should have come into camp with fire in their belly and a chip on their shoulder. This kind of effort will quickly suck the air out of the pro-rebuild crowd that was going to start buying tickets to see "the kids" show some 80's Tanti/Skriko/Williams type jump out on the ice. This market can handle a losing team if it plays with emotion....this team so far? Not so much...
Giving you your first hf like for that.

member 290103

I am starting to wonder if this team will really shit the bed hard - ala 1997 when Quinn was fired. This could be something to start hoping for - a massive bed shitting, prompting Aqua to change out his GM.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I think you're gonna see the pro-tank contingent out in full force by the first roadtrip of the season. Prove me wrong, Canucks.

I'll be 100% off Team Tank for the following:

1. the home opener
2. the game in which Elias Pettersson scores his first goal
3. the Sedin tribute game, if it should happen this year

that's about it. They made it super easy this year with that 6-game roadtrip to start

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I think you're gonna see the pro-tank contingent out in full force by the first roadtrip of the season. Prove me wrong, Canucks.

I'll be 100% off Team Tank for the following:

1. the home opener
2. the game in which Elias Pettersson scores his first goal
3. the Sedin tribute game, if it should happen this year

that's about it. They made it super easy this year with that 6-game roadtrip to start
I think we can afford 3 wins.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

I don't think any of us have ever been professional athletes here, so we can only speculate about what motivates a player, but are you really going to get that kind of effort when pretty much all the jobs are taken already?

Just at forward the team has 12 skaters: Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Eriksson, Sutter, Baerstchi, Gagner, Roussel, Beagle, Schaller, Granlund, and Virtanen, who are all pretty much guaranteed locks on the opening night roster. Are you really going to get a balls to the wall effort out of the next 10 or so forwards when they're all basically playing for the single 13th, or maybe a 14th, forward spot?

Like based on the end of last season Gaunce and Archibald should have played well enough to earn a spot in the lineup next season, yet the summer comes around and Benning opens the wallet to effectively replace them with Roussel and Schaller.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Boeser finishes his pre-season 0 goals and 2 assists in 5 games with a -8 rating.

Probably wouldn't have made the team last year with that result.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I expect Green to break his word to the players and cut Motte even though he obviously beat out non competitors like Schaller and ex Portland Winter Hawk Brendan Leipsic. Because after all, we don't want to risk losing our trash on waivers.

Reactions: geebaan

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I expect Green to break his word to the players and cut Motte even though he obviously beat out non competitors like Schaller and ex Portland Winter Hawk Brendan Leipsic. Because after all, we don't want to risk losing our trash on waivers.

Motte, and Archibald will be sent down, as you could have predicted before the pre-season even started.

Reactions: geebaan

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
its just pre-season relax

it's almost meaningless... we're top 5 pick bad but not buffalo bad

I usually try and take an optimistic approach, but yeah.......my confidence has definitely been rocked here.

Having a horrid season is not the worst thing mind you.......but I don’t know how the kids are going to be motivated to show up every day if they’re getting smoked every game.

Being rocked every game can be counter productive to a Kid’s development.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Just a tragic level of execution and puck management..

No look passes, holding pucks too long instead of advancing it, forcing plays inside when the points were wide open and just some poor to tragic play from guys who need to do the heavy lifting.

Edler Gagner Leipsic were just terrible. I really thought Leipsic had some potential beside Horvat but i'm pretty much resigned to him playing with Virtanen on a 3/4th line now as a best case...he can't retain possession. Edler was next level bad...like i think he might have been smashed....maybe too many Bellini's at the Cactus downtown with old alumni buds?

Horvat Boeser Hutton Tanev Markstrom Stecher these players need to be good and they all struggled. Boeser is the most concerning.....really bad pre season, hoping he lights a fire soon. Horvat has shown to take a few weeks to get his hands and balance levels up......if they both keep this up were gonna easily be the worst Canuck team of all time. They won't but concerning none the less.

Pouliot Schaller Archibald Beagle Sutter didn't do anything to turn the needle.........Sutter i've noticed is just a terrible preseason player since he's been here so i guess maybe there's that. Archie and Schaller were meh...Have to believe Motte is the best option at this point or even Granlund...so much for toughness.

Gudbranson was our best defenseman tonight...says all you need to know about that tire fire back there. He did play solid IMOand i will take some flack for this but he'sbeen one of the few i've been satisfied with....insert grain of salt as i say this with the knowledge of how bad he's been and the expectations have been skewered.

Eriksson Virtanen Goldobin all played good and Pettersson is our best player as a 19yr old.

Thats right 5 of 19 players played decent to good. Must be all the past success that has these guys taking it easy.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad