Dreger: Landeskog and Avs not close

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Not you, but a ton of Avs fans....

He's not a core player. Maybe 5th most important on the team. Rantanen and Mac will make Loui Erksson produce the same.

Only Makar, Mac, Rantanen deserves to get whatever, Landy needs to be a nice boy and take a good contract for the team.
The team don't really need Landy

Reactions: binop7

Vektor

Jun 11, 2018

He's not a core player. Maybe 5th most important on the team. Rantanen and Mac will make Loui Erksson produce the same.

Only Makar, Mac, Rantanen deserves to get whatever, Landy needs to be a nice boy and take a good contract for the team.
Famous last words if I've ever seen em.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014

What other fans don’t get is that we absolutely need to prioritize Makar here. While Landy would hurt a ton to lose him what happens if we sign Landy for what he’s asking? Let’s say lose Grubi and we trade for Kuemper to go with Johansson as a tandem. To me this is more risky going this tandem than losing Landeskog. He’s a complimentary winger (no it doesn’t mean he s****) but he’s isn’t a guy that will carry his line what will hurt if we lose him because of his two way play, physical game and play along the boards. No it won’t be easy replacing that but to me it will be harder to get a good goalie. Watch who got to the finals that’s basically Price that dragged them to the finals and well I don’t I need to explain for the Conn Smythe trophy guy.

Anyway let’s wait how this unfold. Sakic is one the best GM because of his patience that always pay off. He got criticized with how he handled the Duchene situation. Some people said there was no way a team would take Graves we would have to give up something because of his salary. Some people said there was no way EJ lift his NMC. People said Rantanen will get paid like Marner 10,5-11M$ we heard. In Sakic we trust ! :nod:

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
It's fine to say you don't agree with the market value he has and focus on other things, but there is a big difference with that and saying he
isn't really that good to justify giiving him an offer below market value....

Reactions: North

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
It's fine to say you don't agree with the market value he has and focus on other things, but there is a big difference with that and saying he
isn't really that good to justify giiving him an offer below market value....
I think we all know that Landy could easily get 8M$ in the market. I stand with what I said him being a complimentary winger that doesn’t mean he isn’t that good by any mean. But to me I would rather target my franchise dman and our #1 goalie before signing him with what he wants. I think both of these two are harder to replace than Landeskog so yeah to me for a cap stranded team it’s totally justifiable to lowball him. Pretty sure Sakic will try to do the same with Grubauer and Makar but we pretty much know Makar will almost get what he wants :laugh:

Reactions: binop7

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
No, I'm ripping Avs fans who want to pretend that losing Landy is no big deal by poking holes in these hot takes that they'll replace him with some middle six forward who'll contribute just as much for less money. Or more ridiculous, will sign an equivalent elite forward for a deep discount.

Why can't y'all just admit that if you don't sign Landy for market value, it creates a big hole that will not be easily filled.

Bruh, if Landeskog had resigned on a sweetheart deal all the Avs fans would be signing songs about how they just signed the leagues top two-way forward for below market value.

Stop with this freaking nonsense that Landeskog is a "complimentary" player just because he's going to walk. Saad and Danault are no replacement for Landy and if the Avs did sign one of these players, they might very well not have room to pay for Jones too when MacKinnon and Makar are due big raises. Lets be real: the only reason Sakic hasn't given Landy an 8x8+ AAV is Sakic doesn't want to end up in cap hell like Toronto or Chicago years ago.

This sour grapes is beyond silly. If you were more realistic you won't be as disappointed next fall when the effect of his exit becomes apparent.

Cool story. We’ll see what happens in the future.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Landeskog is a top line player, no way around that. Will be tough for the Avs to successfully replace such a good player.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Landeskog is a top line player, no way around that. Will be tough for the Avs to successfully replace such a good player.

The thing is the Avs were always going to have to make some tough choices.

It seems they’ve drawn a line in the sand with Landeskog because they have Makar to pay now and MacKinnon in a couple of seasons.

With a flat cap some hard decisions have to be made.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
At least 31 of 32 gms would pick Landy ahead of RNH.
When you add the intangables like leadership, locker room, dropping the gloves when needed there is no discussion.
And you what? Gms love those!
Plus RNH is a loser.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Correct. That’s why this whole situation is so shitty. Landy is worth an 8mil contract and is integral in the top line being as good as it is. But Mack, Mikko, and Makar take precedence over him so it’s going to be tough to pay the 4 of them ~37mil in this sort of economy. The forward depth is already in rough shape as it is, so the whole situation sucks

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Meh, they have options.

A. Bump Bura to the top line like they did at times during last season
B. Bring back Saad with the money saving on not signing Landeskog
C. Sign Hyman/Hoffman/Hall to fill the void

Doubt any of them fills Landeskogs grit. Hall is the best player of them, but not that much grit.

My idea is that Hall already have a handshake deal done with Boston though. Hall always wanted to go there, and like it there.
Everything else is just rumours.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Watch Seattle give him 8,5m$ x 8 years. Avs are then screwed.
Seattle won't be able to talk to him, Landeskog is getting protected. Their 7F are Landeskog, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Kadri, Burakovsky, Nichuskin and Jost.

There's no reason not to, Colorado's WANTS Seattle to take Donskoi or Compher. There's no one left to protect.

DieselBoy

Mar 18, 2007
What about a signed Landeskog and pluses for Eichel? I dont know his mindset but I know he wouldnt object to being around Toronto and as bad as the media portays Buffalo, honestly they used to be respectable place. Briere, Drury, Miller. If players can make a situation work ala Winnipeg.. why cant Buffalo?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
What about a signed Landeskog and pluses for Eichel? I dont know his mindset but I know he wouldnt object to being around Toronto and as bad as the media portays Buffalo, honestly they used to be respectable place. Briere, Drury, Miller. If players can make a situation work ala Winnipeg.. why cant Buffalo?
I imagine any contract he signs will have some form of trade protection.

DieselBoy

Mar 18, 2007
I imagine any contract he signs will have some form of trade protection.

There are so many players that are left in limbo though. Skinner isnt THAT bad, Dahlen hasnt regressed, Reinhart is a 2C. They put Landy 1C and get him a few wingers I think the team would surprise or definitely do more than their current roster. Just look at Hall, the mojo wasnt there from the get go. If your number one center doesnt give a … then the rest of your team is hurting.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Seattle won't be able to talk to him, Landeskog is getting protected. Their 7F are Landeskog, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Kadri, Burakovsky, Nichuskin and Jost.

There's no reason not to, Colorado's WANTS Seattle to take Donskoi or Compher. There's no one left to protect.

Landy is a UFA, they would be exposing a good depth forward to Seattle to protect him.

you don't waste a protected slot on a UFA. Landy is under no obligations to sign with Seattle.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I am really hoping Landeskog is the first captain of the Kraken, whether he’s talked to before ED and taken as their pick, or goes to UFA and gets signed during the summer.

And I’ve always really liked Colorado. I’m a NYR fan who was obsessed with Colorado from 96-04 when I was young, because of Forsberg, Foote, Deadmarsh. If Seattle doesn’t land him, I hope he stays in Colorado.

But I live in Washington now and so I’m picking up the Kraken as my second team and Gabe is one of my favorite players league wide. Selfish.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Landy is a UFA, they would be exposing a good depth forward to Seattle to protect him.

you don't waste a protected slot on a UFA. Landy is under no obligations to sign with Seattle.
Cap space is gold in the NHL, Compher or Donskoi can be replaced for cheaper in a flat cap world.

Reactions: Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad