Dreger: Landeskog and Avs not close

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
We’ll see. I believe Avs will protect either way. They have time.

If they really are not close there is no reason to protect him....

Would really hurt to lose Landy. Really hurt.
But a lot depends on what his asking price is. If its above 8 on a longterm deal, I can see the Avs walking away. We need him as a captain to take a discount to set an example for the other guys. If he is intent on cashing in, Avs will be in real trouble and very well could lose him over it.

Reactions: Nucks2477

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

But a lot depends on what his asking price is. If its above 8 on a longterm deal, I can see the Avs walking away. We need him as a captain to take a discount to set an example for the other guys. If he is intent on cashing in, Avs will be in real trouble and very well could lose him over it.

I'd say pay the majority of his next deal in signing bonus to maybe keep the AAV down but I'd assume all the signing bonuses are going to "Mackar"

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
This is the most interesting FA resigning for me. With Grubauer, Makar, and MacKinnon in a couple years needing to be signed, resigning Landeskog to some 8-9 million dollar 8-year deal at his age does not make sense for the long term. It would be tough but I think walking away is in Colorado's best interest unless they can be get Landy on a team-friendly deal. Looking forward to seeing what happens.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

UED

May 2, 2021
Hilarious if it's posturing so he's not protected, Seattle picks him, and he resigns in Colorado so the team doesn't lose an actual asset. Very far fetched but it's a weird time in this league...
Highly doubt a single pending UFA is getting protected in the expansion draft including Ovechkin, Rask, Landeskog, Hall, Krejci etc. What a waste of a protection, equally wasteful as Seattle picking them.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Probably end up being the smart move. Dude is not going to be worth his contract especially for a team like the Avs that is going to need to pay probably 8-10 million for MacKinnon and Makar each.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad