Dreger: Landeskog and Avs not close

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Some media sources in Denver are now saying that Landeskog did reject a 7x7 proposal from Colorado during the negotiations. I am not sure that I buy that, but hopefully Colorado is prepared to move on if true.
If true, then I agree that the Avs need to move on. That is a fair contract.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
If I’m the habs , I offer 7x7 happily. Cap will be up on the back half of this contract. Tons of cap space now. Fills leadership void left by Weber, and also in need of LW

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If I’m the habs , I offer 7x7 happily. Cap will be up on the back half of this contract. Tons of cap space now. Fills leadership void left by Weber, and also in need of LW

Apparently he already rejected this offer from Colorado, so I doubt he’d sign it in Montreal.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I think avalanche and landeskog would already have a deal if 7x7 is all it took.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
If it's true that Landeskog rejected a 7x7 offer, that's the ultimate "I told you so" moment for those of us who weren't buying these narratives:

1. "He's worth like 5.5-6.5 x 5"
2. "He'll take a discount to keep the core together because he's in the special like 1% of NHLers who don't care about money and just want a cup"

Assuming this means that he is in fact leaving, I'm interested to see what he gets on the open market, where as expected there are more desperate teams willing to pay more than than Colorado is.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
No team is giving him 8 let alone 11

Pretty sure he can get 8 from someone on a 7 year deal. Would be a dumb contract but someone (probably mutiple teams even) is bound to offer it.

The only team that could give him 10m+ is Seattle if they make him their first captain and face of the franchise. Not sure if another team would go over 9m for him. 9-11 is probably Seattle only territory atleast if we are talking about 7+ years.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Pretty sure he can get 8 from someone on a 7 year deal. Would be a dumb contract but someone (probably mutiple teams even) is bound to offer it.

The only team that could give him 10m+ is Seattle if they make him their first captain and face of the franchise. Not sure if another team would go over 9m for him. 9-11 is probably Seattle only territory atleast if we are talking about 7+ years.

If Hyman is getting 6 I can definitely see Landeskog getting 8.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If Hyman is getting 6 I can definitely see Landeskog getting 8.

I mean thats a dumb contract as well. Danault and Hyman are the two guys in UFA I want no part of. They will be bad. Landy if he gets 8m on a 7 year deal fits right into a category with them.

Contracts you dish out in UFA that you will regret pretty quickly.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Devils could give him his money pretty comfortably and even weather his inevitable regression pretty well

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I mean thats a dumb contract as well. Danault and Hyman are the two guys in UFA I want no part of. They will be bad. Landy if he gets 8m on a 7 year deal fits right into a category with them.

Contracts you dish out in UFA that you will regret pretty quickly.

We have to remember the UFA deals Bobrovsky, Neal, Lucic, Ladd, Erikson.....

You see where I'm going with this. On UFA day GM's F*** up the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad