Prospect Info: LAK Draft (2nd, 2020) C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury Wolves, OHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It will be interesting if he plays more physical with the added weight he gained.
According to the Sudbury coaches he really started to step up the physical side of his game after the WJC last year. They said he had already made big strides in terms of puck protection from the start of the season, but after the WJC he used his size much more aggressively. I’m paraphrasing as it’s a while since I listened to the interview. The stuff in the draft build up about him not using his size properly was waaaaay overstated and based mostly on scouting reports from the year previous.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
This kid is already a beast! I think he can hang in the NHL after World Juniors but if doesn't crack the lineup then is no pressure to have him get a cup of coffee at the end of the season and then up the following year.

How can you not like this kid's work ethnic and demeanor!? Furthermore, I think Kopi will def. take a liking to this kid and help mentor him along the way. This will prove dividends down the road and help cement him as one of the best two way centerman in the game. Book it!

Love this pick each day!!!

Last edited:

Token

May 15, 2019
Furthermore, I think Kopi will def. take a liking to this kid and help mentor him along the way
I don’t want Kopi to teach this kid nuthin’!

I want Byfield to teach Kopi how to use 225# of muscle to plow a dude or few ...

;)

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
I don’t want Kopi to teach this kid nuthin’!

I want Byfield to teach Kopi how to use 225# of muscle to plow a dude or few ...

;)

Especially - NO Bark Madness...No to having your dog on twitter....the only March Madness, should be kicking serious azz all over the ice-scape and moving up within the top 8 spots for playoffs.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Especially - NO Bark Madness...No to having your dog on twitter....the only March Madness, should be kicking serious azz all over the ice-scape and moving up within the top 8 spots for playoffs.
I think Byfield and Kaliyev's self driven attitude is exactly what the Kings needed, players who want to be in the gym, players who eat right and kick ass on the ice, the snarl, the drive.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think Byfield and Kaliyev's self driven attitude is exactly what the Kings needed, players who want to be in the gym, players who eat right and kick ass on the ice, the snarl, the drive.

You're gonna love Turcotte then.

His teammates told plenty of stories of him slashing the everyliving shit out of them during drills, lol.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
tenor.gif

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Byfield is truly a unicorn. So rare to see that kind of size\skill set. But i can't imagine what potential our center core would of been like if Dach was available #5 Byfield - Dach - Vilardi

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020
Dach was great last night,unfortunately haha. Byfield looked.....fast. Just a little outta control. But don't get me wrong,he stands out. He likes to get momentum going,when that happens he is unstoppable. His height is actually hindering his physical game. Once he figures out how to really use his body effectively,combined with his speed and vision, yikes. He is still growing. Can't wait for him to learn under Kopitar,Vilardi,Carter etc.

Reactions: Token

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I'd be curious who we would have picked last year had Hawks gone Turc and CO still selected Byram -- Dach, Cozens, Zegras, other? I'm not 100% sure the pick would have been Dach. Might have been Zegras.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I'd be curious who we would have picked last year had Hawks gone Turc and CO still selected Byram -- Dach, Cozens, Zegras, other? I'm not 100% sure the pick would have been Dach. Might have been Zegras.

If you saw one of those Kings Black & White episodes they made from the 2019 draft and you see Blake and Yannetti there at the time of the 5th pick. Yannetti looks at Rob and says "Turcotte, right?" And Rob does not look so jazzed and says "yes". It's pretty telling. I think their guy was Dach. And that Turcotte was slotted next.

I think they are happy with Turcotte, but I think Dach was their guy. Another telling thing is this year, when Yannetti was doing interviews and said it was his toughest decision yet, between 2 players...and the decision was EASY, after Rob telling them the way he wants to build the team....so that since Byfield was Rob's guy over Stutzle... that's another big center. Which to me, tells me it was the same in 2019 - Dach vs Turcotte. Rob wanted the big center.

Last edited:

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego

You honestly couldn't go wrong with any of those 3 at this point; they're all studs and have improved in their D+1 seasons. Let's hope Turc shows why he was 5th overall and that he belongs in the same group as these guys. I think he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad