Speculation: Laine Mega Thread

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
It seems that the only happy player in the top 4 of that 2016 draft is Auston Matthews?

Reactions: Fro

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
upload_2021-1-15_18-31-2.png

Clearly not as bad as PLDs year. :-D BTW check PLD's offensive start rate.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Maybe hold your horses a bit? Yeah he was great today and absolutely can compete for the Rocket but scoring 50 this season would be pace never seen before in the modern era. Would translate to 73 goals in a full season.

I think this is the year he actually can break out. He is noticeable faster and seem stronger. Worse competition within division than earlier years and his centers are either Scheifele or Stastny. I`d say he could realistically get 40-45g.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
The only year really Laine wasn't consistant offensively was year 3 with that back injury.

He was more consistant last year though.

Yes. Last season.

Fair enough but I think the level of competition that we saw last night was at a higher level than what we've seen him do consistently.

Last night is EXACTLY what you want out of a #2 pick. Great play at both ends of the ice.

How about that move in OT eh. That little play in our own zone that froze both players.

Reactions: FireChevy

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Man if the Laine we saw last night is the one we get all year, then I am not trading him and giving him whatever he wants.

Question is.....has he found his consistency.

If he doesn’t want to sign in Winnipeg the money they offer won’t matter

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Look you guys...I don’t care about all of that prior years data. That’s ancient history.

Based on Laine’s single game yesterday, Laine is either off the market or Columbus will have to have some HUUUUUGE adds.

Look, I don’t make the rules. I am just summarizing Jets fans’ take after last night’s game.

If you don’t like it, we’ll consider adjusting our opinions based on Laine’s next game.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Laine was unreal last night. The problem is he only plays 1 game like that per month.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I'd be more fun if there were some actual rumours not involving only CBJ.

Anyway after yet another hot start for a year I'm sure the realities of banking in another season between ~16-17 minutes a game will eventually sink in now that Stastny is back. That's just the way things work and run in Winnipeg. Hopefully he finds a way out before wasting away yet another three years of his career there.

Have to say I'm doubtful of Laine moving anywhere before 21-22 énds but guess we'll have to see.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I have a hunch that GMs / teams that are interested in acquiring Laine are going to wish that they had pulled the trigger before this season. He looks poised for a big season, with his trade value rising concomitantly.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I wouldn't trade PLD 1 for 1 for Laine. PLD's better.
I’m glad that in a rough and scary time with COVID and everything that we still have takes like this to keep us amused. Thanks for this. :)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Maybe hold your horses a bit? Yeah he was great today and absolutely can compete for the Rocket but scoring 50 this season would be pace never seen before in the modern era. Would translate to 73 goals in a full season.

Laine went crazy that one season during that one month with like 20 goals in 1 month. Will be interesting to see if he can find such pace again and keep that form for longer than one month. Stastny being around certainly should help with that.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Laine did look good last night. He was moving his feet and looked physically engaged. Made some nice passes and obviously had a couple of snipes. I will be interested to see how that line fares long term.

Reactions: Nedarb

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Laine was unreal last night. The problem is he only plays 1 game like that per month.

Can’t reamly say that as a quarantee.

He’s starting his early prime and has had some issues in Winnipeg.

You take those issues away and bet we have a 80+ point sniper

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
That’s not really fair.

He’s starting his early prime and has had some issues in Winnipeg.

You take those issues away and bet we have a 80+ point sniper
He has some maturity issues. This has been evident since the draft.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
He's still only 22, it's scary what he accomplished with such raw talent. As he continues to develop he's just going to get even scarier. It'd be a huge mistake to trade him now to try and save cap space for a bunch of lesser parts. Teemu's rookie year he was 22, Scheifele broke out at this age too. Matthews started breaking out last season. If Laine forces a trade well you can't do anything about that, but there's no reason to trade him otherwise.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I wouldn't trade PLD 1 for 1 for Laine. PLD's better.
It’s okay to be wrong.
But seriously, Laine is a game breaker. He can put a team on his back and win games with the flick of a wrist.
PLD is a nice player, but these two are exchanged as possibilities because of both being rumoured to want out and draft pedigree.

as a Jets fan, I feel PLD would need an add because we’re sacrificing a ridiculous amount of offence for a guy who had a good playoffs but offensively has been pretty average.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
It’s okay to be wrong.
But seriously, Laine is a game breaker. He can put a team on his back and win games with the flick of a wrist.
PLD is a nice player, but these two are exchanged as possibilities because of both being rumoured to want out and draft pedigree.

as a Jets fan, I feel PLD would need an add because we’re sacrificing a ridiculous amount of offence for a guy who had a good playoffs but offensively has been pretty average.

Meh. That's fine. Agree to disagree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad