Speculation: Laine Mega Thread

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
Panarin worked great in Columbus. I'm not sure why everyone thinks Laine wouldn't. Honestly I think they're pretty close in value. Laine is the better scorer, PLD is the better two way player and plays the coveted position.

As a Jackets fan it's not ideal but I'd rather Laine than a package of futures. Throw in Roslovic and a Jackets defensemen and I'm good with it.

Reactions: RCAFguytip24112

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Is this how most people see it? Laine has scored 138 goals in the NHL at the age of 22. There can't be many ahead of him in that category considering every player that ever played in the league. While he struggled during 18-19 it's quite reasonable to think he'll be one of the best goalscorers of the league for the next decade or so. He's just too talented not to be (excl. injuries of course).

While generally C>W I think Dubois has to improve some to be considered clearly the more valuable player of the two.
Two years of data
upload_2021-1-15_8-18-26.png

Reactions: Monk

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
The reason why many expect he wants a trade. With little or other bottom 6 guys it just doesnt work offensively. Little was snake bitten on top of all. Laine needs to be utilized like an offensive line player. Statsny is an definite upgrade. He is actually offensively pretty good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notsince67

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

5vs5... Doesnt take into considering who they played with and usage. Ooh, and I didnt know hockey was played without PP? Are you suggesting a goal scored on PP is less valuable to a team, than some other goal? Last I checked they are valued the same on the scoresheet.
Just keep PLD - he is the one asking for a trade in public. Laine hasnt, it is pure speculation. And also showed up faster and in better shape than ever. 2+1 with a +1 and looking like a powerforward out there. Hows PLD?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
5vs5... Doesnt take into considering who they played with and usage. Ooh, and I didnt know hockey was played without PP? Are you suggesting a goal scored on PP is less valuable to a team, than some other goal? Last I checked they are valued the same on the scoresheet.
Yup, as I said above but I wanna add that I honestly would like to see this stat, adjusted to 5 on 5 minutes. Even that wouldnt take into consideration that Laine doesnt get top line treatment (most offensive zone face offs, most faceoffs after commerial break, best material), but itd be more interesting.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I think Laine is really great on the PP. Unfortunately CBJ had among the fewest PP opportunities in the league last year.

Last edited:

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
I could definitely see something around PLD for Laine. Both players just don't seem happy in their current situation.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Motivated Laine is fun as hell to watch.

Been down on him for the last couple of years but we are entering prime years

Man if the Laine we saw last night is the one we get all year, then I am not trading him and giving him whatever he wants.

Question is.....has he found his consistency.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Laine has come back this season ready to play.
Last night he played the most complete game I have seen him play. He played played a 200 foot game one of the best defensively responsible that I seen him play.

He scored 2 goals last night that got you out of your seat! He had one assist ( that should have been 3 if Stastny had better finish). He was easily first star of the game.

Either his skating or conditioning or both have improved this year. If he plays like he did last night all season.... I predict he wins the Rocket with 50 plus goals in 56 games.

Do not trade him straight up for PLD ....

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Man if the Laine we saw last night is the one we get all year, then I am not trading him and giving him whatever he wants.

Question is.....has he found his consistency.

The only year really Laine wasn't consistant offensively was year 3 with that back injury.

He was more consistant last year though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad