Speculation: Laine Mega Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Just at this stage, I think he has become a lot more replaceable than anybody ever would have anticipated a couple of years ago.
Laine would be more valuable somewhere where hockey is not so popular. He is an artist, not a regular hockey guy. If they can replace him in Winnipeg, fine but he would be a big star in Anaheim, Los Angeles, Miami, New York or Las Vegas for example. Maybe WPG should give Laine to Seattle and he would be the face of the franchise there. After that people would say: Frasier Crane, who's that.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
The 2 year bridge deal is not SUPPOSED to be good for the player. It's for the player to prove what he really is worth for the next deal.

Then it's better to sit and not to play this season. When he gets out of that city like Selänne did to an organization where he is appreciated, where the coach isn't incompetent and where they have a decent center, he'll score 50+ goals in a millisecond. It's not his fault that he got drafted by that organization.
I have said 2 years 6.1 for awhile now. That allows the Jets to say he still gets paid less the Scheifele since he certainly doesn't deserve more. But as a 50-70 point guy, is still around market value so it's not a slap in the face either to Laine.
It's not relevant what Scheifele earns because he didn't sign his deal in 2019. Players earn more now than before.

(Mod, adds nothing)

Last edited by a moderator:

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Laine would be more valuable somewhere where hockey is not so popular. He is an artist, not a regular hockey guy. If they can replace him in Winnipeg, fine but he would be a big star in Anaheim, Los Angeles, Miami, New York or Las Vegas for example. Maybe WPG should give Laine to Seattle and he would be the face of the franchise there. After that people would say: Frasier Crane, who's that.
LOL at Frasier Crane :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Psych0dad

Waterbuf

Sep 21, 2018
Vancouver
I've never seen a player who is so awesome and sucks so much at the same time as Laine.
In the playoffs last year there were times where he looked like one of the worst players I'd ever seen. Like it was his first time skating.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Risto is a legit top-pairing D with commanding presence on the ice, those guy don't come cheap. Risto+2nd would be fair value

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Laine for Ristolainen+ incoming.
Yes, that was from Mäkinen inside info, but Mäkinen said also most likely Laine doesn't play in Jets. He said if I have to put my money on the line, I would put money on Laine doesn't play in Jets.

Reactions: Ippenator

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Yes, that was from Mäkinen inside info, but Mäkinen said also most likely Laine doesn't play in Jets. He said if I have to put my money on the line, I would put money on Laine doesn't play in Jets.
Security is really Good nowadays, no one is allowed to play in Jets anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad