News Article: Lafleur says Vanek, Patches should GTFO

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Sometimes hear Max referred to as a power forward. I expect to hear that less and less...

Where is The Power?

Guy is right.

Folks there is not that much separating Cup contenders from Cup winners.

It eventually comes down to the type of players you have, coaching, will to win.

Our team has to separate itself from those players who will not bring maximum
effort and alert play game after game.

Cliche, but, you are only as strong as your weakest link. See anyone on LA or
Chicago or NY that look as if they're just out for a skate?

Need more size, speed and character than we have right now.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Sometimes hear Max referred to as a power forward. I expect to hear that less and less. Where is The Power?....
Max is referred as a power forward only because his heros and the people he tries to emulate on ice are the Power Rangers. People need to know this so there is no confusion...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Sometimes hear Max referred to as a power forward. I expect to hear that less and less...

Where is The Power?

Guy is right.

Folks there is not that much separating Cup contenders from Cup winners.

It eventually comes down to the type of players you have, coaching, will to win.

Our team has to separate itself from those players who will not bring maximum
effort and alert play game after game.

Cliche, but, you are only as strong as your weakest link. See anyone on LA or
Chicago or NY that look as if they're just out for a skate?

Need more size, speed and character than we have right now.

And you have to realize that it's very normal for a 60pt player to not step up in every playoff series especially when other teams make it a precise strategy to shut him out.

We're talking about Max Pacioretty, not Pat Kane, not Crosby, not Malkin, not Stamkos. Last year Kopitar had 9pts in 18 playoff games, this year he leads the NHL.
Max has never broken the 65+ point barrier, and this was his first real competitive POs.
Give it some freaking time.

Anybody that scores and is big is considered a Power Forward in Mtl.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Max is a floater, but has a good shot. A very good third liner or a middling second liner. Once we accept he's not first line material on a good team, we can all be happy. He and DD complement each other nicely, both fillers.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Combine the totals for Pacioretty's two best seasons and you get 60+ goals. That speaks for itself. He's the only Hab besides Erik Cole to have hit 30 in recent years.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
Max is a floater, but has a good shot. A very good third liner or a middling second liner. Once we accept he's not first line material on a good team, we can all be happy. He and DD complement each other nicely, both fillers.

4th best goal scorer in the league, your opinion is invalid and quite frankly idiotic.

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada

You are mistaken. A third liner or a middling second liner will never score 39 goals over a whole season and be 4th in goals in the NHL. Max is a big winger who doesn't play like a prototypical power forward.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
...Anybody that scores and is big is considered a Power Forward in Mtl.

You just shattered my illusions about Desharnais...
HKJrIJa.gif

thom

Mar 6, 2012
The team of 70s was stacked you mean Lemaire and Shutt-Are you kidding me.Lafleur leading the team in assists an amazing 8 yrs as a rw.What would Lafleur had done if he played with a number 1 centerman something he never had.Lafleur created most of the plays gave 100 percent and payed for it with injuries-Guy would have had 8 straight 100 pts seasons if he was not always hurt-From1980-83-missed 65 games

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
An article in La Presse reports that Lafleur suggests that Briere should retire, then come back at a later date (as he did). How old is Briere now, 36, 37? This stamps Lafleur as nothing more than a crackpot.

Lafleur have showed countless times that he is a very stupid person. Great hockey player but at this point it's a joke that people still give any importance to what he's saying.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
A stupid person who is a helicoptor pilot -time to call transport Canada-we cant have a stupid person flying in NA Airways-too dangerous

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Lafleur have showed countless times that he is a very stupid person. Great hockey player but at this point it's a joke that people still give any importance to what he's saying.

He's basically saying he saw some players floating. He's actually saying what was said many times right here on this board while the games were being played.

Did he single out the right guys, was it right to single out anybody - are valid questions I suppose - but Habs had floaters and that's not debatable.

The thing is, is what will they do about it?

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
A stupid person who is a helicoptor pilot -time to call transport Canada-we cant have a stupid person flying in NA Airways-too dangerous

A stupid person can definitely be an helicopter pilot. Now I'm not accusing Lafleur of being stupid but he seems to have a knack at saying poorly thought-out things to the media.

BeliveauFan4ever said:
The thing is, is what will they do about it?

Hopefully not overreact.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Hopefully not overreact.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Team is in the middle of rebuilding. It's tricky to replace the right people with the right people when you have had some taste of success.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Paciorretty is a sniper with wheels thats it. I would gladly trade him for a guy like kane who might be a **** stirrer but at least can throw the body around and get his nose dirty.

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
Well I don't like his restaurant.

Which restaurant you're talking about? Lafleurs? Those restaurants aren't his, he doesn't own them. That's what I thought in the beginning, but when I worked there like 15 years ago, I found out that the Lafleur name, is a street in Ville Lasalle, it was named after that street, since they had the truck on that street.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
All of a sudden Max is a 39 goal scorer. Lets wait a bit before calling him a bonafide 40 goal scorer. Need to do it with consistency. If he hits 25 next year, then what? Did last year not happen? Good player but grossly overrated. I would only trade him if it was for an impact player that filled a need.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
All of a sudden Max is a 39 goal scorer. Lets wait a bit before calling him a bonafide 40 goal scorer. Need to do it with consistency. If he hits 25 next year, then what? Did last year not happen? Good player but grossly overrated. I would only trade him if it was for an impact player that filled a need.
I don't think so. Most here have said he's a legit 1st line winger which is what he is. He's not good enough to carry an offense the way a superstar could though.

pine*

I don't think so. Most here have said he's a legit 1st line winger which is what he is. He's not good enough to carry an offense the way a superstar could though.

He's a legit 1st line winger in the regular season, but in the playoffs, he's a 3rd line winger.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Paciorretty is a sniper with wheels thats it. I would gladly trade him for a guy like kane who might be a **** stirrer but at least can throw the body around and get his nose dirty.

Classic hfboards mentality. Hits are more important than goals. I suppose you'd rather keep Ryan White over Sidney Crosby if given the choice too.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

And some here act like he is that kind of player. Max is a floater but is talked up like he's a legit 1st line superstar winger. He played like poop this playoffs but you wouldn't know that by the way people have excused him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad