News Article: Lafleur says Vanek, Patches should GTFO

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Typical Flower:

Link

Money quote:

Des gars comme (Thomas) Vanek et (Max) Pacioretty, tu ne peux pas garder ça dans ton équipe. Qu'ils restent chez eux s'ils ne sont pas prêts à payer le prix. Ton équipe ne gagnera jamais avec des joueurs comme ça qui s'effacent lorsqu'il y a de l'adversité

Rough translation: "Guys like Max and TV, you can't keep them on your team if they're not willing to pay the price. Your team will never win with guys who disappear when they face adversity."

Wow.

Discuss.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I agree with him.

Also , Lafleur knows what it takes to win hockey games , the guy was like Patrick Kane overdosing on steroids.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Getting rid of player like Pacioretty would be stupid just like getting rid of Richer was stupid. With today's cap, having a player like Pacioretty signed at 4.5 is a complete bargain. He's still young in terms of experience, his playoff performances will get better.

MrExpos

Feb 10, 2007
It's been a while since he hasn't stirred **** for no apparent reason.

Did he also complain that he wasn't paid enough in his days and that players today are spoiled? We could save ourselves from his next rant if he did.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
While I agree with his line of thinking...why does he feel the need to make an ass of himself every year or so?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He won enough to be able to say that!!!!! Regular season hockey is not like the playoffs, just look at guys like Justin Williams and how he steps up come playoff time. Some guys get you to the playoffs and some guys win you a cup. You need both to be successful, we just need some more playoff warriors.

PricePkPatch*

It's been a while since he hasn't stirred **** for no apparent reason.

Did he also complain that he wasn't paid enough in his days and that players today are spoiled? We could save ourselves from his next rant if he did.

I am not really familiar with Lafleur's history of stirring ****. It happened a lot?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The hate for Lafleur on these boards is ridiculous.Seems many didn't see him play to talk like that.He earned the right to speak his mind , because he actually delivered in a legendary way when it was his time.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Patches led the team in shots per game. He was willing and able to pay the price, the shots just weren't going in for him.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Agree 100% and have been saying all season Max DD need to go and after the way Casper Vanish played for us in the POs he can GTFO also.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The hate for Lafleur on these boards is ridiculous.Seems many didn't see him play to talk like that.He earned the right to speak his mind , because he actually delivered in a legendary way when it was his time.
He has the right to say whatever he wants... but he isn't necessarily right about everything that he says.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Lafleur rules, and is what he's saying wrong?

Pacioretty is a great price, had a great reg season, and is learning the ropes of being the leader up front on this team. That's cool.

Vanek thinks he should be the highest paid forward in Montreal, would be a senseless decision by Bergevin. Too soft, slow, and out to lunch when it mattered. Not enough heart there.

To give Vanek some credit though, if Henrik doesnt make that blocker save maybe I'm saying something different in this post.

MrExpos

Feb 10, 2007
Pacioretty scored 4 goals (all ES) and 4 assists in the last 9 games of the playoffs.

I don't care what he says. Give him a real center with a real PP structure and he will be even better.

I guess we should keep playoff monster Bourque for his 5 good games a year in May and trade talent for MOAR character.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He has the right to say whatever he wants... but he isn't necessarily right about everything that he says.

Oh sure , but everytime he makes one of those comments a pack of "habs fans" on this board makes it personal with Lafleur instead of just criticizing his comments at face value.

I prefer a guy like Lafleur than Beliveau personally , at least he's saying what he thinks.Who the hell ever knew what Beliveau REALLY thought about this or that? Nobody or his close circle.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Lafleur, for all his talent, has the IQ of a doorknob.

The Habs won't sign Vanek, knowing what they know now, unless it's a steal.

Getting rid of MaxPac is q ridiculous idea unless our trading partner massively overpays. How many 30-40 go scorers make 4.5M a year for the next few years?

Lafleur should go back to selling hair growth products and fail sports drinks instead of spewing his "knowledge".

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Wrong about Pacioretty, right about Vanek!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3