News Article: Lafleur says Vanek, Patches should GTFO

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. Max and Vanek played poorly. They're not depth guys. They are pretty much the team's offense and were given opportunities to produce (moreso Max). Did not like what I saw from both players. I like that Guy didn't mince his words.

Sure they didn't play particularly well, looked bad at times, but that's not what Guy said. He labeled them. Vanek I can get, because he's been around for a long time. Max is just 25 and went through his first PO run. Lafleur scored 4 goals in his first 29 PO games. I'd imagine he fully knows one PO does not make a player.

Anyways, clearly management didn't like it either, as he downplayed his words the following day.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Sure they didn't play particularly well, looked bad at times, but that's not what Guy said. He labeled them. Vanek I can get, because he's been around for a long time. Max is just 25 and went through his first PO run. Lafleur scored 4 goals in his first 29 PO games. I'd imagine he fully knows one PO does not make a player.

Anyways, clearly management didn't like it either, as he downplayed his words the following day.

Yeah we all know you like your Habs legends to be corporate shills.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
How about a little respect for a kid that tragically passed away?
And he's got 14pts in 12gp at the WJC. Seriously dude, drop it. You just sound like an ass now.

I'm talking hockey, don't try to shame me. I know it's a tragedy, I'm not stupid. I saw him play, he didn't want to get hit. He was skilled and played on a strong team, but when push came to shove, he didn't want it. Our first rounders have to have size and heart and be able to skate, skill should be a secondary consideration. They are skilled enough to be first rounders, that's good enough. We need playoff top 6 players first and foremost, then you add some skill depth - guys that can chip in without being the focus, or guys that can ride shotgun to big dudes who create space for them.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
bsl, you've been on my ignore list since forever. I've never taken your posts seriously. I was typing fast and accidentally put "expect" instead of "Accept"/ A few words later I said expect again, it was a slip from being lazy/not paying attention and thinking about what I was about to say. Hope you feel better now, can I use you for my personal spell checker in the future ? :laugh:

Halifaxhab*

bsl, you've been on my ignore list since forever. I've never taken your posts seriously. I was typing fast and accidentally put "expect" instead of "Accept"/ A few words later I said expect again, it was a slip from being lazy/not paying attention and thinking about what I was about to say. Hope you feel better now, can I use you for my personal spell checker in the future ? :laugh:

Grammar-Nazi.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad