Post-Game Talk: Laffs send Laf closer to Habland, Win 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
54 years...if leafs win this year(uggh i just puked in my mouth.) it would be 53 for them.
That’s incredible when you think about it, especially for an original 6 team

i don’t know if I’d puke more if they won the cup or won Lafrenière

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
KK was a bright spot on this:

yeah that zone entry and pass was something. He made some really good passes.

Suzuki's assist was wild. That fake and through Rielly's legs. Drew that penalty too where he showed some good puck protection and patience.

Just judging from that game, I wouldn't be so sure that Suzuki's going to be better than KK. And I've thought that was a foregone conclusion for awhile. KK showed some very promisng things. Those 2 up the middle is going to be fun to watch.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pretty crazy. I was on a fishing board a while ago and they were discussing wave forms and danger. While many though oceans were entirely the most dangerous. A number of people with experience on both the oceans and great lakes said the great lakes could be worse in many instances. You don't get any lead time on storms, and the wave frequency is very short. So you don't get rollers, you get thrown up and then lost in the valley for a massive thump. I have been out on Erie in medium winds and it was very unpleasant. We only had 1.5 meter waves but in our little bass boat it felt pretty huge. Legs were banged up pretty bad by the time we got to the marina just before the storm started rolling across from ohio.

Not sure if I am balanced enough to surf. If snowboard and skateboard are indicators...it would likely be a hard NO.

More where that came from.

This guy provokes an avalanche and manages to escape it.

Reactions: Habaneros

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've modified the OP gif -- Laffs have proven nothing. At most, they provided a nudge. :nod:

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
I understand the frustration with playing Weal on the PP, but what other options are available to the coaching staff? Like most teams, the Habs line up 4 forwards and 1 D, and have two waves. So 8 forwards play on the PP. Tonight 13 forwards dressed, so 5 did not play on the PP: Danault, Byron, Lekhonen, Weise, and Belzile. Each of these guys played on the PK, with the exception of Belzile. So if you drop Weal from the PP, then one of those guys must play on both special teams. Only Armia and Suzuki played on both last night.

One other thing to note is that Weal was 7th in PP TOI. Of the guys on the PP, only Armia played less PP, but that's only because he also played PK.

Basically in order to manage TOI, Julien expects every player to play PP or PK, and certain players may play both. Given the players available, you can't really fault Julien for giving Weal the 7th most PP TOI. It's entirely a Bergevin problem that Julien doesn't have better options.

Locks

May 28, 2005
hard to get offence going with Kulak Ouellet Weber on the back end. Not sure who i'd put on PP. Drouin is so turnover proned and Weber got his shot and that's about it. PP is all about execution and this team is all about hard work.

We need to trade one of Danault, KK, Suzuki, Domi, as none of them should play on the wing. Drouin is good at playing pond hockey, out. We lack skill and even if Drouin is giving us some, he's so brainless that you don't win with guys like that.

When I saw that I just scrolled to the next post.

Locks

May 28, 2005
KK and Suzuki both looked great and each had assists.

We lost the game and it doesn’t look like we’ll do anything against the Pens.

So far so good.

That's the most important takeaway from the game, especially in the case of KK due to his season and the injury. He looked like a different player with his noticeably improved skating and better able to showcase his great vision and silky puck skills.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
We were a team that was looking and playing like one of the worst teams in the league before the plague hit. Not sure why that would have changed. We only got in because we are a big market team that draws huge revenue and interest for this farce of a Covid cup. This is what you get when you have a cheap owner, an awful GM and a great fan base. If we’re lucky, we will land Lafreniere as a gift from the old Forum ghosts.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
kinda cautiously optimistic with KK. He played good tonight, but i still felt he was playing to not make a mistake. Didn't do anything bad, made some nice passes. But overall, he didn't necessarily do a whole lot either.

And looking at the TOI, he had very little ES ice time. :help: feels like an uphill battle for him to get confidence under Julien

Reactions: Fixxer

Marshy71

Nov 10, 2015
Missed the game while working, but reading some of the comments on the game thread it sounds almost like half our team didnt even know what end of the stick to hold... were we really that bad?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Habs leading in shots -Check
Habs handling the puck more than the opponents - Check
Habs giving up a goal in the first minute of a game - Check
Habs giving up a goal in the last minute of a period- Check
Habs with a terrible powerplay - Check
Habs giving up goals during special units - Check twice.
Habs playing Weal on the PP - Check
Habs invisible regulars still invisible - Check
Habs getting lucky other team missing multiple empty net goals - Check
Habs having a under average Price in the net - Check
Habs having refs helping them - Check
Habs will have 12.5% chance - Reality Check

Didn't see the game but seems like we haven't missed a beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad