WZjiliq.jpg

That's amazing. How did he do that?

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Pretty crazy. I was on a fishing board a while ago and they were discussing wave forms and danger. While many though oceans were entirely the most dangerous. A number of people with experience on both the oceans and great lakes said the great lakes could be worse in many instances. You don't get any lead time on storms, and the wave frequency is very short. So you don't get rollers, you get thrown up and then lost in the valley for a massive thump. I have been out on Erie in medium winds and it was very unpleasant. We only had 1.5 meter waves but in our little bass boat it felt pretty huge. Legs were banged up pretty bad by the time we got to the marina just before the storm started rolling across from ohio.

Not sure if I am balanced enough to surf. If snowboard and skateboard are indicators...it would likely be a hard NO.

A decade ago my now departed mother almost died on Baskatong lake/reservoir when het boat got capsized by an unexpected storm.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I thought the Habs Twitter account was lame but this takes it to a whole other crap level.

So, this is their win song? :laugh:

Several Leaf Twitter fans were so salty about not having their usual horn sound when the team scored. They thought that it was a troll job when their goals were saluted by a distinctly Bruin-sounding horn.

They've got to get right back to where they started from -- as in getting spanked by the Bruins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Missed the game while working, but reading some of the comments on the game thread it sounds almost like half our team didnt even know what end of the stick to hold... were we really that bad?
Some good, some bad. Problem is the bad was really bad -- horrific PP that resulted in two shorthanded goals, and offensive gaffes that led to fatal turnovers.

But that's who this team is. We're a bottom-10 team, a seller at the deadline that had given up on the season. The Habs didn't earn a spot in this fake 'playoffs' and aren't equipped to play in it, either mentally or physically. Last night was a reminder of what we already knew.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Some good, some bad. Problem is the bad was really bad -- horrific PP that resulted in two shorthanded goals, and offensive gaffes that led to fatal turnovers.

But that's who this team is. We're a bottom-10 team, a seller at the deadline that had given up on the season. The Habs didn't earn a spot in this fake 'playoffs' and aren't equipped to play in it, either mentally or physically. Last night was a reminder of what we already knew.

Knowing this Habs team, they are going to win on Saturday and give us false nervousness again. :laugh:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Knowing this Habs team, they are going to win on Saturday and give us false nervousness again. :laugh:
Nervousness for different reasons depending on the fan.

I'll only cheer for them once they make the playoffs. Label me however you like, don't care. Winning against the Pens would be the worst possible outcome for our franchise. We've got previous seasons as proof. IRREFUTABLE proof this team lacks talent.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Yeah, that would be typical. But realistically, the Pens are a serious contender with a well-rested Crosby and Malkin and a healthy Guentzel. As a hockey fan, I'll enjoy watching their roster at the tail end of its spectacular Crosby-era contending window. Never got the hate for the guy.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nervousness for different reasons depending on the fan.

I'll only cheer for them once they make the playoffs. Label me however you like, don't care. Winning against the Pens would be the worst possible outcome for our franchise. We've got previous seasons as proof. IRREFUTABLE proof this team lacks talent.

We don't need anymore proof that we lack talent. It's been obvious. And yes, 90% of our fan base wants to loose against the Pens for that 12.5% chance at Lafreneire and if not Lafreniere, we get a shot at Holtz or Quinn

I'm just not the type to pick one outcome with guarentees. I've seen things change quick so many times. I'll say after last nights game, we have a 15% chance to beat the Pens. Something like that. Some others will say 0% "for sure"

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah, that would be typical. But realistically, the Pens are a serious contender with a well-rested Crosby and Malkin and a healthy Guentzel. As a hockey fan, I'll enjoy watching their roster at the tail end of its spectacular Crosby-era contending window. Never got the hate for the guy.

I'm a huge fan of Crosby and the Pens are a team you can easily like. Funny cause usually, I don't cheer for teams who have had long term success.

Doubt we win game 1 but this friggen Habs roster won't quit

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
yeah that zone entry and pass was something. He made some really good passes.

Suzuki's assist was wild. That fake and through Rielly's legs. Drew that penalty too where he showed some good puck protection and patience.

Just judging from that game, I wouldn't be so sure that Suzuki's going to be better than KK. And I've thought that was a foregone conclusion for awhile. KK showed some very promisng things. Those 2 up the middle is going to be fun to watch.

I agree both Suzuki and KK bring different but important attributes to this team. Habs have to keep building on KK/Suzuki/Caufield/Hillis/Ylonen, it's a solid group of forwards but we are missing that special/elite talent that we just can't seem to ever acquire. Habs never have a Calder winning prospect or even one that produces serious numbers at a young age. Something I envy when I see a lot of the up and coming teams. Hopefully Habs get a solid player from the 2020 draft certainly don't want to win the play-in round only to lose in the first round. Would just be a wasted year that gives Pittsburgh (of all teams) a chance at Laf...Unacceptable.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We need a one-time option on the other side of the ice for Suzuki and we should move KK to the first unit and out of the bumper spot.

They should also mold Mete to do that as he's the only one with the skills to cycle and keep the puck in. Best stickhandler and passer on D. Made some really great first passes last night and was also the only D cycling the puck well in the offensive zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad