Post-Game Talk: Laffs send Laf closer to Habland, Win 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Belzile gets smoked in a pre season game and no one responds. So embarrassing. Lol meanwhile the Oilers and Flames are having scrums.
Toronto no less. Its not a surprise that many habs fans have a far greater disdain for Boston than toronto. A lot of my TO buddies don't get it. We haven't played them since the 70s in the post season and this is exactly the kind of non response thaat happens for regular games in the NHL now. No fire, no passion, no one wants to get benched for the extra 2 either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Liked Suzuki and KK, Gally not worried about (ok he’s my favourite and I try hard not to criticize him) he will improve, Drouin FFS. Everything else ops normal, PP, we have one? Weal and Weise just why? Can’t see us beating the Penguins. We better get Alexis after all of this.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
While the Habs definitely have important holes in their roster, I feel like Clode and Muller are not helping whatsoever.

There are a bunch of players on this team that, although not superstars, have the skillset to perform on the PP (Tatar, Suzuki, Domi, Kotkaniemi, Drouin, Gallagher, Weber, Petry, Armia), yet they look absolutely disorganized out there.

Domi needs better linemates, Weal didn't look good at all, Weise has hands of stone. Even thinking about using Domi like that is a fireable offence.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
One loss isnt a losing streak
No but they look the same as they did in the middle of that streak. IE midseason form since you brought the snark about other posters, maybe there is a reason we are dumping on them. Did you watch that game...sheesh I would like to think they were throwing the game to get Laf, but it was an exhibition game that didn't matter in that regard and sdadly we know this is exactly the team that was assembled. This isn't even as good as the team we had before trade deadline. We had more talent. Over the hill kovalchuk would be much better than our 4th line wingers for domi. Scandella has to be better than this D squad. Its frightening how badly composed this team is.

Its hard to be positive when the kids that have talent and are trying have nothing to help them out. That isn't the posters fault, that is on the Coach for playing the wrong guys, the GM for acquiring them, and the President for keeping both in place past their best before date.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
hard to get offence going with Kulak Ouellet Weber on the back end. Not sure who i'd put on PP. Drouin is so turnover proned and Weber got his shot and that's about it. PP is all about execution and this team is all about hard work.

We need to trade one of Danault, KK, Suzuki, Domi, as none of them should play on the wing. Drouin is good at playing pond hockey, out. We lack skill and even if Drouin is giving us some, he's so brainless that you don't win with guys like that.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
While the Habs definitely have important holes in their roster, I feel like Clode and Muller are not helping whatsoever.

There are a bunch of players on this team that, although not superstars, have the skillset to perform on the PP (Tatar, Suzuki, Domi, Kotkaniemi, Drouin, Gallagher, Weber, Petry, Armia), yet they look absolutely disorganized out there.

Domi needs better linemates, Weal didn't look good at all, Weise has hands of stone. Even thinking about using Domi like that is a fireable offence.

Well said.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Left it on TVA Spanre as I was too busy in here and ended up seeing this amazing surfer who rode a 90 second wave in Namibia.

Better than the Habs game ...

Pretty crazy. I was on a fishing board a while ago and they were discussing wave forms and danger. While many though oceans were entirely the most dangerous. A number of people with experience on both the oceans and great lakes said the great lakes could be worse in many instances. You don't get any lead time on storms, and the wave frequency is very short. So you don't get rollers, you get thrown up and then lost in the valley for a massive thump. I have been out on Erie in medium winds and it was very unpleasant. We only had 1.5 meter waves but in our little bass boat it felt pretty huge. Legs were banged up pretty bad by the time we got to the marina just before the storm started rolling across from ohio.

Not sure if I am balanced enough to surf. If snowboard and skateboard are indicators...it would likely be a hard NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad