Post-Game Talk: Laffs send Laf closer to Habland, Win 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Drouin's gotta go. He's surpassed Gomez levels of frustration for me. Tatar and Domi top 6 LWs and sign somebody to be the 2nd line RW.

What's funny is that TvaSports "analysts" were having orgasms over Drouin's play yesterday. He had a couple of decent shifts at the start of the game and then we saw the same old Drouin for the rest of the game. Trying to deke 4 guys just to turn the puck over, making bad decisions one after another.

What you see is what with Drouin is what you get. He cannot put everything altogether. There's player that are very active, everything happens fast.. like McDavid or Mackinnon and they managed to skate, think, shoot, pass in a highly fast pace and be effective. Drouin is that kind of player.. just without the effective part.

Players in his draft year are in another level, Drouin is still playing the same way as he did 5 years ago. The same mistakes, the same flaws. He just doesn't have it.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I wonder if MB thinks the addition of Romanov (and hopefully Laf) is all this team needs. I have a terrible feeling he won't do much in the offseason. On second thought all of MB's managing has brought this team to where it is, so maybe MB doing nothing is for the best.

He thinks Romanov is all the team needs.

Players showed some flashes, but very few flashes.

Price kinda sucked. I'm thinking he's not really an 'X', but rather 'X' is a place holder doe him giving up 3, or more goals a game.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He thinks Romanov is all the team needs.

Players showed some flashes, but very few flashes.

Price kinda sucked. I'm thinking he's not really an 'X', but rather 'X' is a place holder doe him giving up 3, or more goals a game.

Price was great.. they bled chances from the slot. The score would have been out of hand without his play and I'm not gonna fault a guy on a 2-on-1, a slot tip-in, and two rebound goals on the PK when he made a difficult initial first save.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
What's funny is that TvaSports "analysts" were having orgasms over Drouin's played yesterday. He had a couple of decent shifts at the start of the game and then we saw the same old Drouin for the rest of the game. Trying to deke 4 guys just to turn the puck over, making bad decisions one after another.

What you see is what with Drouin is what you get. He cannot put everything altogether. There's player that are very active, everything happens fast.. like McDavid or Mackinnon and they managed to skate, think, shoot, pass in a highly fast pace and be effective. Drouin is that kind of player.. just without the effective part.

Players in his draft year are in another level, Drouin is still playing the same way as he did 5 years ago. The same mistakes, the same flaws. He just doesn't have it.

He did that really early on. Had a lot of speed, so he seemed motivated, but with zero mental effort.

Reactions: Habs Icing

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Just an exhibition after a few months off. Passing was what killed them last night, a lot of turn overs with haywire passing. They have 3 more days of practice. I would look to shakeup the lineup in this time to see different things.

Weal Was used way too much. Seeing top PP time. It’s rough when more skilled players ride the bench based on age. Which happens often under Julien.

I say try in practice and see what happens:

Tatar Suzuki Gallagher
Domi Kotkaniemi Drouin - gives Kot some finishers.
Byron Danault Armia - Crosby line defense.
Lehkonen Evans Weal

Mete Weber - Mete gives Weber some speed
Chiarot Petry
Kulak Juulsen

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Just an exhibition after a few months off. Passing was what killed them last night, a lot of turn overs with haywire passing. They have 3 more days of practice. I would look to shakeup the lineup in this time to see different things.

Weal Was used way too much. Seeing top PP time. It’s rough when more skilled players ride the bench based on age. Which happens often under Julien.

I saw try in practice and see what happens:

Tatar Suzuki Gallagher
Domi Kotkaniemi Drouin - gives Kot some finishers.
Byron Danault Armia - Crosby line defense.
Lehkonen Weal Weise

Mete Weber - Mete gives Weber some speed
Chiarot Petry
Kulak Juulsen

Shows just how much the Sergachev trade shot us in the foot, when putting Mete on the top 4 is a necessity because there's no one else able to make an elite breakout.

The love for Weal is becoming legendary, imo it now surpasses DD/Therrible or Bouillon/Therrible

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'd send Laf, KK, Suz, Mete and Romanov to the AHL until spring 2022.

Suzuki has nothing to learn in AHL. He might even regress if we send him down.

KK, definitely. Many raved about his game last night; whereas I'm more worried than ever. He is not ready for the NHL.

Laf and Romanov. I don't know. Would have to watch them play against NHLers.

Wouldn't Mete have to clear waivers next year?

Reactions: the

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

KK, definitely. Many raved about his game last night; whereas I'm more worried than ever. He is not ready for the NHL.

Yes, he will require waivers. He and Juulsen. The only question is if the AHL starts before the NHL returns for next season, will players that require waivers still need to go through that process? Or will it only count if the NHL returns?

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Armia brings a lot because we are a very very small team

We badly need a LHD..... hopefully Romanov can help but I doubt

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
great job by the habs. pure rope a dope, the pens watch the game and now think the habs cant pass and will score on price themselves. pens wont even lace up their skates well. pens already watching videos of the next team

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
One thing Suzuki really needs to improve is his defensive coverage. I love the kid but man the number of times this season that he completely forgot to cover his man and it results to a goal.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

I was just musing to exemplify how in reverse we've been with prospects.

As for Suzuki, not sure he can handle a full season yet. Ideally, it's in the present season he should've been in the AHL until march.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No one good.. 2022 is the next money draft.

Might be good timing depending on how much Bergevin fails in the 2021 off season... He's got 2 more years in term left and if we miss the playoffs again next year, with 1 year left, I do believe Molson considers a change. New guy would be open to tank I am sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad