La Liga 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Real players are having fun out there.

The group looks fresh, the reactions, the feeling you get by watching them. They are able to use their offensive skills better now.

Even Benzema keeps continuing to look like a new player, the offense looks versatile still.

I've watched Barcelona/City/Liverpool/Bayern/PSG this season and Real has been one of the most impressive so far.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Nah, he's not good per hfboards apparently.

Funny how star level talent like Benzema and Bale actually look like stars when they don't need to cater to one gigantic ego all the time.

Did Benzema already pass his goal total from last season , or do we need to wait another week?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Funny how star level talent like Benzema and Bale actually look like stars when they don't need to cater to one gigantic ego all the time.

Did Benzema already pass his goal total from last season , or do we need to wait another week?

That's one big factor.

They've taken the chains off Reals players, Benzema looks different without Ronaldo, being a finisher.
Bale is better than Ronaldo outside the box, his passing is great, the range he plays on the field is wide, he runs back to help defense, he's easily the better of the 2 outside the box. They are in roles they are suited, and better suited.
Real has options now, multiple options they can look at without trying to force plays, they have multiple skilled guys setting those plays up.

Ofcourse we need to see them in big games, but so far they look damm impressive.

Benzema needs 1 more goal to tie his last seasons number.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Weird, all the Madrid players seem to be scoring and Ronaldo can't buy a goal in Italy.

Must be weird for him being on a team where the other players are used to taking their chances and not having to just "pass it to ronaldo"

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Tuned in at half and was like 3-2? Barca having some trouble against the noob? Took about 10 minutes to remove all doubt of that

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I just saw someone in the crowrd wearing a Mighty Ducks Jersey/tshirt. Lol
20180902_165256-1.jpg

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Joaquin is the man... guy is Betis. He's the type you point to when someone asks why do you care so much about sports.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It may have been Huesca, but it was still a fantastic performance where the team made the win and it wasn't just given to them. Could have scored 12 goals really. Very pleased with the way the team played despite the scoreline.
  • More fantastic goals from Messi. The guy's goals are so good they're rarely average. Which is actually something for the doubters and the dipshits who chalk up all of his success to Xavi and Iniesta (shhhh, don't tell them Xavi and Iniesta no longer play for the club). Put any other player in his position on those goals and tell me they convert all those chances. Not a chance. And I won't name names, but if I recall correctly no one in particular laughably made mention of Messi's off the ball movement. Well go have a look at his second goal and tell me about his off the ball movement.
  • Alba is such an underrated player. Excellent match in the attack third from him. Forced an own goal, made an excellent run (one of many) to get an assist and then of course scored towards the end. Thank you Lucho for dropping him and motivating an already top tier LB even more.
  • Curious where all the Suarez doubters are. All over the place in this one. His first goal was a result of an excellent run where he read the play way ahead of three of the Huesca defenders and then made a nice finish to slot it home. He made some nice passes putting in his teammates and might have had another assist. He also put in the work off the ball.
  • Coutinho with a really good match as essentially a CM/ACM. To get the best players on the pitch and do a 4-3-3 (at least when the whistle blows) I think we'll need to function in that role. Anyway, really liked his playmaking in this one and his fee looks like it is going to be pretty easily forgettable.
  • As I was saying, Dembele clearly deserves to be a part of this side. He didn't see that much of the ball, but when he did just some amazing quality. His shot off the bar was excellent and he took it so quickly. Still needs to smile once in a while, but glad to see him getting the consistent minutes.
  • Quick not on Vidal, I hope that yellow card was intentional and the enforcer move I think it was. I've been calling for an enforcer for some time and he'll grow on me quickly if he's going to stick up for his teammates like that.

Did Messi do that vs Juve last season?
Or during the WC?

Not trolling I'm just asking, srs question

You don't need to tell us what you're doing. We all know all of your posts are trolling whether you say they are or not. I'll take the bait though. Last season vs Juventus Messi was Man of the Match and scored two goals in a 3-0 win which went a long way to the team winning the group. He also had a very good CL Final against Juventus just a few years ago, but then that should come as no surprise as Messi has never had a bad CL Final. Maybe you're suffering from some sort of denial along with your Madridista delusion since he's the best ever Clasico player and regularly bitch slaps your fascist club.

Mandi had an assist?

The end is near

Yeah, nobody gives a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes