La Liga 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Looks at CL final teams.
Looks at who coached that Atletico team there.

Wonder why some numbnuts on the internet thinks Simeone should get heat 3 games in the new season.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Looks at CL final teams.
Looks at who coached that Atletico team there.

Wonder why some numbnuts on the internet thinks Simeone should get heat 3 games in the new season.
No need for insults and I would agree it's way too early but he's overrated as a coach. On here anyway.

Reactions: All Might

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Come on, that's not much of an insult :D
Reverse the rolls?
In any case I never said he should be fired but I have suspicions that this is as good as it gets for Atleti under him and that they would do better with a more offensive coach.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Meh, Simeone has put Atleti on the map, because they hadn't been in years.
He won 2 european cups, lost 2 CL finals (almost won one), won a Liga title, all the while having teams that on paper were never contenders.

I have a hard time thinking he should get heat. I prefer offensive football, and I'm not a fan of that type of football. But there's absolutely NO doubting his abilities and his achievements.
In fact, I don't think there's a current coach who could have done what he did. None.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
With Barca, Pep has 72.5 win %
Simeone has 61.4%

Look at the difference in rosters.
It's crazy to think he should get heat. He should have his job safe until Atleti are in relegation zone.

EDIT : as a comparison, Klopp has a 52.5% in the EPL in a somewhat similar role (2nd/3rd best roster). He had 56.3 in the Bundesliga with BVB (second best roster in the league).

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Meh, Simeone has put Atleti on the map, because they hadn't been in years.
He won 2 european cups, lost 2 CL finals (almost won one), won a Liga title, all the while having teams that on paper were never contenders.

I have a hard time thinking he should get heat. I prefer offensive football, and I'm not a fan of that type of football. But there's absolutely NO doubting his abilities and his achievements.
In fact, I don't think there's a current coach who could have done what he did. None.
Like I said I never said he should be in the hot seat... and thanks I never all his achievements lol. If you look at his squad the past couple of years, they should be doing better. It's arguable that he had a better side than barca last year.

I;m not contesting his past achievements nor the fact that he put Atleti on the map. But they have gotten bigger than him I think.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What a start for Courtois.

1st shot in Real comes from a penalty.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Weird, all the Madrid players seem to be scoring and Ronaldo can't buy a goal in Italy.

hmmmmm :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad