La Liga 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Bale, Isco, Benzema and Asensio.

Why the need for Lewa? He doesn't score more than Benz and adds less on the pitch.
Lewandowski has outscored Benzema the past 7 seasons.

Isco scored more than 10 goals once in his career. Asensio twice.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Since they're 20 years old/top 5 leagues :
Benzema :
594 games, 277 goals, 130 assists

Lewa :
465 games, 311 games, 92 assists

Difference is minimal. And frankly, there's no need to question who brings more on the pitch.
Isco is a great creator. Asensio wasn't getting playing time.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
311 in 465 is pretty significantly better than 277 in 594. 34 more goals in 130 less games? If they played the same number of games Lewandowski would have 120 more goals at that rate.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Erh, I added assists.
Benzema doesn't shoot pens.
Benzema made Ronaldo score and sacrificed his stats.

So...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lewa has 38 penalties scored with Bayern/BVB.
Benz has 6 penalties scored with Real/Lyon since age 20.

So if you substract the pens, Lewa has 273 goals +92 assists in 465 games.
Benz has 271 goals + 130 assist in 594 games.

When you consider each player's role, I reiterate it's completely comparable.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Since they're 20 years old/top 5 leagues :
Benzema :
594 games, 277 goals, 130 assists

Lewa :
465 games, 311 games, 92 assists

Difference is minimal. And frankly, there's no need to question who brings more on the pitch.
Isco is a great creator. Asensio wasn't getting playing time.
Why are we comparing seasons since they were 20 years old? Lewandowski is a much better player now.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah Benz too.
I used 20 year old because that's where they became regulars. And I only counted Lewa in the BL.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I know it's a couple of days late, but anyway...

Barca game... I dunno... Bilbao are a tough nut to crack, have some quality footballers etc... But once Messi came on, game changed.
If you look at that Barca goal, it's not just skill, speed, instincts, it's the willpower as well. Suarez gave him a through ball that was heavily overhit and started flailing his arms (Suarez), Messi just kept going and going and created the goal.
3 games in a row without a win, people are starting to panic, with a tough month ahead of them.
My prediction - they come out of the month with flying colors. Assuming their defense can hold up with no Umtiti and this 2018 version of Pique.

Madrid derby.
Super effective defensive football, a mixture of double block and opportunistic high press... Vs Lopetegui's tiki taka.
I've rarely seen a more boring, uneventful derby.

And again, every time I see Real play, my opinion of Lopetegui-ball only reinserts itself. It's tiki taka without purpose, slow passes with no off-ball movement, with little risk-taking and creating chances is a challenge. It's ineffective, and it's boring.
Bale (who's surprised?), Isco and Marcelo now injured, Modric is being played in a really bizarre role up the pitch (though he looked so tired vs Atleti, I'd say his worst game in a while), Asensio still has high highs and low lows, not nearly consistent enough yet, 2018 Ramos is the Madrid version of 2018 Pique (awful, and leaving their French partner with an impossible job), etc.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Bale out 2-3 weeks. This is why it's maddening that they didn't replace CR7 with a scorer.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Saw the ending of the Madrid match... Madenning amazing scenes. Benz subbed at the half and Bale in the 70yh minute due to a knock.

4 games without a goal for Madrid.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Back to being done with Benzema, he's just useless when he's not scoring.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They're a poor scoring team without the 2nd greatest scorer of the generation carrying them. They replaced him with an injury prone Bale and Benzema who finished single digits in league goals the previous year. This is not at all shocking.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You mean the 45 minutes he played before being injured?
He's still the leading scorer.

Problem isn't the personnel. Problem is the tactics.

He scored those in the 1st 2 games of the season, since then nothing.

& It's not like he was on fire last season.

I don't know if I've agreed once with the lineups theyv'e run with this season.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
This Lopetegui ball is unwatchable lol. Utter shambles.
It's like Mourinho football, just with the ball.

I need to find who it was that was debating Lopetegui was a better coach than Zizou.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
They're a poor scoring team without the 2nd greatest scorer of the generation carrying them. They replaced him with an injury prone Bale and Benzema who finished single digits in league goals the previous year. This is not at all shocking.
I was under the impression that because of how Real Madrid played anyone could score a lot leading the line there. Don't they just create chances for players to score?

Reactions: All Might

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I didn't see the match, but Madrid are better than this. I'm sure it's down more to Lopetegui's presence than Ronaldo's absence. I would also point out that Alaves are actually level with Madrid on points after today's result. Anyway, seems rather fitting the way Perez and Lopetegui hadn't the move to Madrid.

A lot of big clubs stuttering to start the season. We won't have a cake walk at the Mestalla tomorrow. If Dembele starts he better deliver.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Florentino won't be paying for my plane ticket.

So no lol

I'm just trying to wrap my head around having a chance to watch their team at the Clasico and not take the great opportunity? Even if Madrid are on shitty form it won't last until March obviously. Even if they lost the league by then beating Barca at the Bernabeu will still be a prerequisite, why anyone would deprive themselves of that is questionable. Maybe, because I have yet to see Barca I honestly wouldn't mind going there shilling out thousands just to see them lose.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I was under the impression that because of how Real Madrid played anyone could score a lot leading the line there. Don't they just create chances for players to score?
Lol that was the biggest bullocks I've heard when I read it. Absolutely delusional. It's like no one watched how few chances they create for long stretches of games the past few years.

Most CR7 Real Madrid went without a goal is 2 games. Right now it is 4 and counting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad