La Liga 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I'm just trying to wrap my head around having a chance to watch their team at the Clasico and not take the great opportunity? Even if Madrid are on ****ty form it won't last until March obviously. Even if they lost the league by then beating Barca at the Bernabeu will still be a prerequisite, why anyone would deprive themselves of that is questionable. Maybe, because I have yet to see Barca I honestly wouldn't mind going there shilling out thousands just to see them lose.
LET'S GO TOGETHER

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
LET'S GO TOGETHER

As long as your financing the trip... Hell I'll wear a Ramos shirt over my Messi one.

I'm sorry but Suarez is done... all he can do at this point his one two's with Messi. Stick Dybala in there and we'd be knocking trebles like it's 2009.

His body language is pretty awful too. Head down, walking and has his hands on his knees...gasping for air.

Munich,Barca and Madrid will all be buying heavy to some degree this summer.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Nothing happening in this game and you wait till minute 84 to make a sub :huh:

Boring second half, Barça playing Lopetegui ball as well. 90% possession and created nothing
I was screaming for a sub... what was he waiting for?

Jul 7, 2009
Nothing happening in this game and you wait till minute 84 to make a sub :huh:

Boring second half, Barça playing Lopetegui ball as well. 90% possession and created nothing

It's so frustrating. I just don't get why he waits so long to make a sub. The whole team looked drained and it shows numerous of times.

He also doesn't put Malcom on the bench and hasn't even bothered to give Rakatic a rest.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I haven't seen the match yet, but I'll just say it. f***ing Valverde, again. He starts Vermaelen and sits Dembele. Then he waits how long before making a sub?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Real AND Barca sucking... what the ****? :laugh:

Like I said earlier somewhere, it's a lot of big clubs out there. Not sure if it's the World Cup since I don't recall this much an affect in the past, but Bayern and even Liverpool are two teams I'd add to the conversation. With us though, we should be leading the league and by six points or so probably too.

Barça v Sevilla next matchday as well

Well this tough stretch isn't going as well as it should and it's quite frustrating as it'd help to set up a slam dunk Liga season.

Like, poor ousmane played like less than 10 minutes. Ridicolous decision making

I've come to expect nothing less from Valverde. He started Vermaelen too. I mean Lenglet isn't exactly inspiring a lot of confidence (good thing we dumped Yerry... and I'm still chuffed Vermaelen and Mathieu were prioritized over Bartra years ago...), but you don't just throw Vermaelen in there. And I think you need to figure out the midfield, at least against weaker opposition, where Coutinho is a CM/AM, but you still start Dembele out wide.

As long as your financing the trip... Hell I'll wear a Ramos shirt over my Messi one.

I'm sorry but Suarez is done... all he can do at this point his one two's with Messi. Stick Dybala in there and we'd be knocking trebles like it's 2009.

His body language is pretty awful too. Head down, walking and has his hands on his knees...gasping for air.

Munich,Barca and Madrid will all be buying heavy to some degree this summer.

Well yeah, it'd a be easy to get a sharpie and write "is a douche", "is dirty", "likes to urinate in public" or any other applicable description after "Ramos" the shirt.

Yeah, that's a bullshit narrative on Suarez. He's not done. Go watch the Spurs match and tell me he's done. He also apparently has an issue with his knee too. I think he's struggling for fitness, but then who do we have to rotate with him. Oh yeah, Munir. At the end of the day Suarez will need to agree to be rotated or just leave possibly after this season, but he's not done.

Malcom isn't injured is he? I was wondering why we never get to see him

He was injured leading up to the match. I think he was cleared to play just before. They'll need to rotate him in some, but it should be at the expense of Suarez (to give him a break) and not as much Messi or Dembele. Of course Valverde will probably do the opposite and play him wide left in the process.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, that's a bull**** narrative on Suarez. He's not done. Go watch the Spurs match and tell me he's done. He also apparently has an issue with his knee too. I think he's struggling for fitness, but then who do we have to rotate with him. Oh yeah, Munir. At the end of the day Suarez will need to agree to be rotated or just leave possibly after this season, but he's not done.

Depends on what you mean by done... I was talking more about being an elite player for barca. He can help at times but he can't do it week in/out. You see shades of his old self but yeah, fitness is an issue with him right now. Like I said earlier he's huffing and puffing after every lull with hands on knees. I agree he could be useful and prolong his stay at barca if he were to agree to a more rotational player. He just needs to be upgraded in the summer.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Depends on what you mean by done... I was talking more about being an elite player for barca. He can help at times but he can't do it week in/out. You see shades of his old self but yeah, fitness is an issue with him right now. Like I said earlier he's huffing and puffing after every lull with hands on knees. I agree he could be useful and prolong his stay at barca if he were to agree to a more rotational player. He just needs to be upgraded in the summer.

Well I think "right now" is the key phrase here. I think were he full fitness he'd be good enough. We'll see how his fitness goes going forward. Unfortunately Valverde being the genius that he is has squandered the opportunity to have us up in the league and so we can't afford to rest Suarez so much.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Maradona blasted Messi yesterday, wow. Said you can't make a leader out of a guy that goes 20x to the bathroom before a match. Also said that before asking for a new coach, Messi goes play some PlayStation.

“Es inútil querer hacer un caudillo a un tipo que va 20 veces al baño antes de un partido. No endiosemos más a Messi; Messi en el Barcelona es uno y en la selección es uno más”.
“Es un grandísimo jugador, pero no le da; antes de hablar y pedir un técnico se va a jugar a la Play. Después, en la cancha sí la pide y la quiere”, agregó.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Maradona blasted Messi yesterday, wow. Said you can't make a leader out of a guy that goes 20x to the bathroom before a match. Also said that before asking for a new coach, Messi goes play some PlayStation.

“Es inútil querer hacer un caudillo a un tipo que va 20 veces al baño antes de un partido. No endiosemos más a Messi; Messi en el Barcelona es uno y en la selección es uno más”.
“Es un grandísimo jugador, pero no le da; antes de hablar y pedir un técnico se va a jugar a la Play. Después, en la cancha sí la pide y la quiere”, agregó.

What's especially hilarious about what he said is the fact that a couple of weeks ago he stated Messi should stay retired considering he gets blamed no matter how great he plays. I'm guessing Diego is on something or off something really hard to tell at this point.

Reactions: John Pedro

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Maradona wasted his career in drugs and hookers.
Who is he to say how much of a leader Messi is?
Last time he featured for the NT, he got booted for drug use and his team crashed soon after.

But he needs his legend about being the best ever intact. He likes to toot his own horn all the time to make sure people who never saw him play outside the 86WC can give himself the status he wants to have in the history of the game.
He likes to think himself as a one man team in 86 (though Argentina never wins that WC without Jorge B, among others). Sure, his handball against England might have been key to win that WC since they may have been eliminated otherwise.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Messi could have won two World Cups with Argentina and Maradona would have still found a reason to make light of it to protect his own legacy. Maradona cares about one thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad