La Liga 2018-19 Part II

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Guedes killed the game lost all intensity after his back to back goals. Shame.

Betis have a good foundation but for this year that all she wrote they reached the highest point they can go. Just not enough goals on the team. You’re 2 top scorers can’t be midfielders.
Valencia well on their way to a CL spot if they dot. Slip they take it, although Getafe had a statement win over Sevilla. Either way should be a fun to see it unravel.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Yeah Betis just lacks quality up front. None of their strikers are good enough really. Wish Lainez got more playing time, he brought Betis back to life.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Benzema’s flourished since CR left, makes you think how many more goals he would’ve had if he was the main goal scorer on another team. There’s strong mutual interest between Real and Luka Jovic and the latter isn’t exactly keen on coming off the bench, so Benzema’s likely sharing goal-scoring duties again next season.
Benzema has had better seasons with Ronaldo on the team.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Meanwhile Benzema has 21+5 in 2708 minutes. One goal or assist every 104 minutes. Out of the 59 goals his team scored. 44% of his team's goals come through him.

EDIT : as a comparison, Salah has 19+7 in 3009 minutes. Mane has 18+1 in 2816 minutes.

Interesting. As a comparison Saurez has 20+6 in 2650 minutes, which is one goal or assist every 102 minutes. Of course Suarez has also scored against the likes of Atleti, Madrid and Sevilla in the process.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Interesting. As a comparison Saurez has 20+6 in 2650 minutes, which is one goal or assist every 102 minutes. Of course Suarez has also scored against the likes of Atleti, Madrid and Sevilla in the process.
Which is 26/83 of his teams goals, 31%.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Non penalty goals for clubs in the top 5 leagues :
1/ Messi 40 goals
2/ Mbappe 33
3/ Lewa 29
4/ Benzema 27
5/ Aguero 26
6/ Piatek 25
7/ Ben Yedder and Jovic 24
9/ Sterling 23
10/ Mane 22
11/ Aubameyang 21
12/ Ronaldo 20

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Which is 26/83 of his teams goals, 31%.

Well he does play with Messi so that's going to factor in. Still impressive though. And imagine Madrid without Benzema...

1/ Messi 40 goals
2/ Mbappe 33
3/ Lewa 29
4/ Benzema 27
5/ Aguero 26
6/ Piatek 25
9/ Sterling 23
10/ Mane 22
11/ Aubameyang 21
12/ Ronaldo 20

Must include CL goals. Still leaving Suarez off...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well he does play with Messi so that's going to factor in. Still impressive though. And imagine Madrid without Benzema...

Must include CL goals. Still leaving Suarez off...
Yes, it does factor in a lot. Defenses are trying to stop Messi (and failing), leaving Suarez much more wide open.

Suarez has 19 thus and isn't top 12.

Link here :
Classement des buteurs en Europe - Football - MAXIFOOT

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yes, it does factor in a lot. Defenses are trying to stop Messi (and failing), leaving Suarez much more wide open.

Suarez has 19 thus and isn't top 12.

Link here :
Classement des buteurs en Europe - Football - MAXIFOOT

Suarez is often the advanced attacking player and on his own.

19 must mean a penalty in there (he doesn't take them often) and that the site you linked needs settings to be changed to reflect that.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes 19 no penalty goals. He has 4 penalties per the site I gave you. More than anyone in this ranking outside Messi, Lewa, Ronaldo and Kane.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
That was a frustrating game to watch, credit to Levante but Barcelona should've been more in sync in the final third. Coutinho played well I thought

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Dazn is giving more screen time to Barca for their celebration. The celebration from Barca is really nice, but the Juve feed was cut off right after they lifted the trophy.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Barca 1/3rd of the way to their third treble of the decade. What. A. Team. Granted there are respectful Barca supporters but it's not hard to see why some of their fans sit on a pedestal up in the clouds.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
1/ Messi 40 goals
2/ Mbappe 33
3/ Lewa 29
4/ Benzema 27
5/ Aguero 26
6/ Piatek 25
9/ Sterling 23
10/ Mane 22
11/ Aubameyang 21
12/ Ronaldo 20

I suspect you have an agenda in non-penalty specification. ;) How about remove freekicks too?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Very pleased that the title is wrapped up so that they can focus on the CL, though with Valverde at the helm I'm sure you'll get plenty of stupid selection choices. Team played well with and without Messi until they scored. After that it was like they were a different team. Fortunately Levante's best chances came from some really poor clearances, two from Lenglet and one each from Suarez and Rakitic. Other than that Levante were lacking in the final third despite their excellent one-touch breaks and build up play. Of course Levante is a solid team and it's actually surprising they're in the relegation fight. They beat us in the Copa this year, thrashed Betis just last week as well as earlier in the season, beat Madrid in the Bernabeu and also beat Athletic Club handily. Still we should have won be at least one more goal when it was all said and done.

Good match from Coutinho, one of his best all season. I also thought Pique did well at the back. Vidal however, despite the assist, didn't have a good match. I'm really disappointed Malcolm didn't some minutes and Lenglet again made me think what I said weeks ago, that Valverde should have got him more minutes leading up to this stage so that he'd be ready for the CL I just think Umtiti is more suited to take on Liverpool. Hopefully Semedo playing this match is a sign that he'll get the call against Liverpool.

Very happy with the La Liga win despite the competition at the very top not being what it's been in the past. The team still had a good season so far regardless with only two losses and I'm fortunate to have seen some fantastic football yet again. While it was a team effort and there were plenty of good seasons to note, four players stood out for me in the league. Messi of course and what a seasons he's had. Suarez though was also important. I think back to that manita against Madrid at the Camp Nou as well as the winner against Atleti and that match against Sevilla. And this is a player who has clearly played with bad knees for the majority of the season. Then there's been Pique who has been the rock at the back. On top of that he's played a ton of minutes in the league and had near 30 full matches before he was finally rested and they let in four when he didn't play against Villarreal. That brings me to Alba. He's got no real backup and has been such a force down that left side. Assists against Madrid in the manita and against Atleti in that title-decider as well. Plenty of honorable mentions and I suppose I could add Ter Stegen to those four, but those guys really were the standouts.

That was a frustrating game to watch, credit to Levante but Barcelona should've been more in sync in the final third. Coutinho played well I thought

Before the goal we played really well. Better finishing and decision making was needed in that final third (not every ball needs to end up at Messi's feet), I agree, but in general they played well from the whistle. It was those stupid and completely unnecessary turnovers that led to a lot of Levante's chances.

Coutinho did play well, but I would have wanted to see him start this one from midfield. Have Arthur and Rakitic behind him and then play Malcolm on the right and Dembele on the left.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I suspect you have an agenda in non-penalty specification. ;) How about remove freekicks too?
We can remove FK if you want, I don't have the numbers.
The non penalty is fair since when there are two players from the same team, there's usually only one shooter (except Barca).
So no agenda, it's a fairer comparison IMO.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Getafe, Sevilla and Valencia all lost today. Didn't see the first two, but I watched part of Valencia's game. Was a noon kick-off and both teams didn't look very good. Valencia had a great chance to win it in the 90th but failed, then in the 93rd Gaya gifted Eibar the ultimate winner. Bad luck.

Getafe (55) still play Girona, at Barça, Villarreal
Sevilla (55) still play Leganes, at Atletico, Athletic
Valencia (52) still play at Huesca, Alaves, at Valladolid

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad