La Liga 2018-19 Part II

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
What is the consensus with Thomas Lemar? In summer 2017, he rejected a move to Arsenal in which Monaco accepted a reported 92mil bid. Pretty much every Arsenal fan were livid when that happened.

On the stat sheet, Iwobi has more goals and assist than him this season. Has he been playing better than his stats suggest?

When I look at Altetico, I feel they should really have scored 20 more league goals with the talent they have.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He’s been pretty awful but this is Simeone we are talking about and yeah, it’s a travesty with the amount of talent they have they’re out scoring Eibar by 3 goals. Celta vigo a relegation team also by 3 and getting out scored by Sevilla. Hell Levante and Getafe might catch them in goals it’s pretty shameful stuff.

Reactions: Gecklund

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Wonder what he said that warrants a direct red card.

Valencia lost today, against Rayo of all teams. Had a 12 game unbeaten run ended as well.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Apparently he said something about the ref's mother.
Costa always got benefit of doubt in England. Had other players sent off when he did dirty shit. I bet if he said that in PL, the ref would say well played.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
I am still trying to figure out why Costa was sent off.
The announcers on Eleven Sports said Costa insulted the ref's mother. They didn't go into exactly what the insult was (don't know and/or can't repeat it on air).

The announcers said something else very curious. Didn't see the play so I don't know how much they exaggerated but said the ref chased down Costa after the insult and gave him the red, and that was out of line for the ref. If that's true, have to vehemently disagree with the announcers. No personal insults, period. You get exactly what you deserve if you go that route.

And since it's Costa, have to believe he did. Dude just has no filter/self-control and doesn't seem to be concerned about trying to fix that.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
The announcers on Eleven Sports said Costa insulted the ref's mother. They didn't go into exactly what the insult was (don't know and/or can't repeat it on air).

The announcers said something else very curious. Didn't see the play so I don't know how much they exaggerated but said the ref chased down Costa after the insult and gave him the red, and that was out of line for the ref. If that's true, have to vehemently disagree with the announcers. No personal insults, period. You get exactly what you deserve if you go that route.

And since it's Costa, have to believe he did. Dude just has no filter/self-control and doesn't seem to be concerned about trying to fix that.

Apparently, my friend said he read his lips. He said " You're not going to call a foul, you son of a whore" according to my friend.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
Apparently, my friend said he read his lips. He said " You're not going to call a foul, you son of a ****e" according to my friend.
Relatively tame considering the trash players talk all the time to each other; we've all done it on the pitch at whatever level we played. But he's been around long enough to know what you can/can't say to refs.

Or at least you'd think.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
This game pretty much sums up Benzema. On a hat trick but bottles a open goal chance
Huge doubter of him, but he is easily RM's best player this season. More goald than Kane Lukaku Aubameyang Lacazette Icardi and Ronaldo just to name a few. They should keep him and go for Mbappe who will probably ask for a move out when PSG exit early in CL next season. Jovic does nothing for them TBH.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Definitely not the team's best performance, but fortunately we've seen worse. Full credit to Atleti for fighting and staying in it as long as they did, but I felt the Eleven Sports crew's commentary went a bit overboard in their praise. And despite our performance we should have finished a couple of chances better and had another goal or two.

Really liked Arthur in that first half and somewhat surprising he went off before Coutinho. Coutinho was alright, but Arthur had a really good first half and was working really hard. Amazing we were linked with big money moves for guys like Koke and Saul and instead all we had to do was buy Arthur for less than half.

Really liked what I saw from Malcolm and he just gels with the team. Crazy too considering how little he's played and how immediate it was when he came on. Not only do I want to see more of him this season, but I want to see more of him next season as well.

Another excellent goal from Messi that looked easier than it was. Still he didn't seem to get into this one. He didn't see a lot of the ball for stretches which didn't help, but he didn't start to turn it on until pretty late.

Title-winning goal from Suarez there and what a fantastic goal it was. Alba gets the assist, but that was all Suarez. So many things he did right for that to go in. For starters he got the shot off really quickly. That second touch was fantastic. Then he curled it and put it right on target. Really amazing player and such a big match performer this season. Man of the Match against Madrid when Messi was out, knocked Madrid out of the Copa with a brace, that goal against Villarreal to snatch the point and then this goal today. I'm sure I'm missing something as well. Definitely an underrated player on this forum. In five seasons, and this season isn't over yet not to mention the issue of his suspension when he was bought, he's got 130 goals and 61 assists in 160 league matches. And to think it was said here he'd contribute for only about three seasons.

I'll leave it with the smile that came across my face every time the Camp Nou whistled Griezmann. Hopefully that rumor is now fully dead and buried.

Last edited:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Yeah, that was pretty spot on :laugh:

Btw - this video of Messi's near misses might be even more sick than his goals highlights reel

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Betis and Villarreal was a great game very intense. Santi missed a 85th min penalty which cost them 2 points. I can't see them coming back from this. Having given up a 2-0 lead vs Celta, 4-2 lead vs Barca and now this. All within a short span. Damn shame if they get relegated.

Lo Celso was stellar scored a beautiful chip (out of this world really) and his second was well taken. Also More needs to be said about Canales who has been right up there with him driving this team forward. I really hope they can keep their players. Although Im certain Lo Celso is a goner they still have a number of good players and a highly entertaining system.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Tomorrow Pique, Messi, Suarez, busquets, rackitic and Alba all should sit. Cage them if you have to.

Alena must start, Coutinho and Dembele too of healthy. I’d call up Puig too but The pep days are over sadly.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Tomorrow Pique, Messi, Suarez, busquets, rackitic and Alba all should sit. Cage them if you have to.

Alena must start, Coutinho and Dembele too of healthy. I’d call up Puig too but The pep days are over sadly.

It sounds like all of those guys will be rested tomorrow, Valverde seems keen on rotating a lot more in this final stretch of the season. And yeah, I’d love to see Puig get an extended look here, from all accounts he’s been impressive with Barça B this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad