Friedman: LA Kings is looking at Vancouver for some scoring addition

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Between Garland, Boeser, Miller and Pearson which one do Kings fans believe fits their needs most?
- Garland: young, gritty winger with term on a team-friendly contract
- Miller: versatile, all-situations #1 (LW/ C/ good on faceoffs/ PP QB/ shooter/ good on shootouts)
- Boeser: great hands, rediscovering his scoring; will need to re-sign this off-season
- Pearson: y'all know what he brings (foot soldier, good not great at most things but good complementary winger)

Also, in terms of return, for the first three, the return needs to be some mix of RHD (Clarke, Faber...), young/ prospect two way C with size and early picks, otherwise prepare to walk away empty-handed.

Id be interested in Boeser if his contract wasn't so up in the air.

No way we are moving Clarke.

Happy to walk away empty handed.

Reactions: kinghock

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
What would LA give up?

He wouldnt come cheap.

Cost controlled for 5 years at a very good AAV for a 25 yr old winger that drives any line he plays on.

He might have more value than Boeser.

I actually think the little shit does have more value than Boeser. It is just lucky he wasn't 6'2 215lbs., because he is a little a$$hole, and almost impossible to hit, or track down. From a Canuck fan position, with his contract, I would trade Boeser first, and that is no slam on Boeser, it is just the little imp, irritates the hell out of everyone, before he scores a goal. We love him, you guys would also.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Between Garland, Boeser, Miller and Pearson which one do Kings fans believe fits their needs most?
- Garland: young, gritty winger with term on a team-friendly contract
- Miller: versatile, all-situations #1 (LW/ C/ good on faceoffs/ PP QB/ shooter/ good on shootouts)
- Boeser: great hands, rediscovering his scoring; will need to re-sign this off-season
- Pearson: y'all know what he brings (foot soldier, good not great at most things but good complementary winger)

Also, in terms of return, for the first three, the return needs to be some mix of RHD (Clarke, Faber...), young/ prospect two way C with size and early picks, otherwise prepare to walk away empty-handed.

How about nobody

Reactions: Guitpik

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I would be really bummed if Faber gets traded. There are really only three guys I absolutely don't want to move: Byfield, Clarke, and Faber.

What's the cost on Boeser or Miller? Kupari, Grans, a 1st?
What if we add Dipietro and you swap Kupari for Vilardi?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

I would probably do Miller for Vilardi, Grans, and a first, yeah. Vilardi, Turcotte, Kupari, take your pick. Not totally sure what that means for our lines, but imaging other teams having to go up against Kopitar, Miller, and Danault for 50 minutes in playoff games sounds pretty fun. LA would probably roll something like:

Iafallo - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Byfield - Miller - Brown
Lemieux - Lizotte - Kaliyev

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I would probably do Miller for Vilardi, Grans, and a first, yeah. Vilardi, Turcotte, Kupari, take your pick. Not totally sure what that means for our lines, but imaging other teams having to go up against Kopitar, Miller, and Danault for 50 minutes in playoff games sounds pretty fun. LA would probably roll something like:

Iafallo - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Byfield - Miller - Brown
Lemieux - Lizotte - Kaliyev
This is essentially the perfect deal for the Canuck so glad you feel it works for the Kings. I wonder how other Kings fans feel but for the Canucks, I dont think anything a team can realistically offer beats this unless NYR offers Schneider + 1st + a small add.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
This is essentially the perfect deal for the Canuck so glad you feel it works for the Kings. I wonder how other Kings fans feel but for the Canucks, I dont think anything a team can realistically offer beats this unless NYR offers Schneider + 1st + a small add.

Schneider isn’t going anywhere.

Have fun with the unrealistic asking prices.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

If LA acquires Miller and perhaps a left-handed depth defender like Soucy, I think they're a legit contender. It's not necessarily what I thought we'd be doing this year, but the fact is we have a small window right now to be legitimate contenders with our aging stars. I'd love for our younger guys to be a part of that energy and learn from it, and if we have to trade a couple of our pieces, so be it.

I don't think Blake's actually going to do it, but adding Miller to a team with Kopitar and Danault is wild.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Schneider isn’t going anywhere.

Have fun with the unrealistic asking prices.
The LA fan proposed Kupari + Grans + 1st for Miller and we agreed upon Vilardi + Grans + 1st for Miller. Its fine if you feel like Miller isn't worth it. Thats your opinion, doesnt mean others dont see the value us Canuck fans know Miller has.

IMO
LA 1st > NYR 1st
Vilardi + Grans = Schneider + small add

Which is why I said its unlikely any team beats the offer. Sounds like you're just sour that other fanbases value Miller enough to pay market value for him

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Yeah but Miller is way better than Arvidsson

Trade for Arvidsson was done with understanding that he has only few years left on his contract.
He is needed while young Kings forwards need some development time.
Trading for 29 years old Miler does not have any sense for LA at all.
Miler will need long contract and requires spent a lot of assets to acquire him.
That is why Kings GM says he wants scoring, but is not ready to trade more assets than he gave for Arvidsson.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Trade for Arvidsson was done with understanding that he has only few years left on his contract.
He is needed while young Kings forwards need some development time.
Trading for 29 years old Miler does not have any sense for LA at all.
Miler will need long contract and requires spent a lot of assets to acquire him.
That is why Kings GM says he wants scoring, but is not ready to trade more assets than he gave for Arvidsson.
You aren't getting Miller for mid round picks. I guess you would have to settle for Pearson if that all you are giving up.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
If LA acquires Miller and perhaps a left-handed depth defender like Soucy, I think they're a legit contender. It's not necessarily what I thought we'd be doing this year, but the fact is we have a small window right now to be legitimate contenders with our aging stars. I'd love for our younger guys to be a part of that energy and learn from it, and if we have to trade a couple of our pieces, so be it.

I don't think Blake's actually going to do it, but adding Miller to a team with Kopitar and Danault is wild.

I agree that Blake's actually not going to do it.
Kings GM says he wants scoring, but is not ready to trade more assets than he gave for Arvidsson.
When we have great young talent almost ready for NHL no need to trade for 29 years old Miler who will need long contract and requires spent a lot of assets to acquire him.

Reactions: Guitpik

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Obviously you don’t get Miller for a pair of picks.

Nobody is giving up a 2nd + for Pearson. He was given away by LA because he was horrible in the end.
Honestly Pearson has been a solid veteran guy and a good fit with Horvat since coming to Van. He is fine defensively and puts up points in a depth role. I could see him getting a 2nd from a playoff team.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
This is not close to accurate but carry on.
In a sense it is, though I wouldn't say "despite ". Kopitar and Doughty are still very much the same productive, sound players who haven't had any success for 8 years. The Kings success this year is due to the additions of Danault and Arvidsson, the surge of Kempe, and one of the very best 4th lines in recent NHL memory. Three highly competitive very young defensemen and stable, prime players in Roy, Iafallo and Moore keep them in almost every game.

I still think its a wheel spinning year that would have been best served as taking some lumps while developing the young big ticket kids instead of chasing the playoffs, but even I see a real good team coming together in the middle of this season.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
In a sense it is, though I wouldn't say "despite ". Kopitar and Doughty are still very much the same productive, sound players who haven't had any success for 8 years. The Kings success this year is due to the additions of Danault and Arvidsson, the surge of Kempe, and one of the very best 4th lines in recent NHL memory. Three highly competitive very young defensemen and stable, prime players in Roy, Iafallo and Moore keep them in almost every game.

I still think its a wheel spinning year that would have been best served as taking some lumps while developing the young big ticket kids instead of chasing the playoffs, but even I see a real good team coming together in the middle of this season.
I will also say I had no idea kempe has like, what 24 goals? I’ve always liked him and wondered if he could figure it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00