Friedman: LA Kings is looking at Vancouver for some scoring addition

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Come on Jason zucker is having a fabulous offensive year......surely LA is interested???:nod:

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Wouldn't work. Busting prospect and 16th-24th pick. If Nucks trade Boeser they'd get a blue chip.

Where do you get that Kupari is "busting"?

Weird obsession with folks falling over themselves to proclaim any kid not producing full time in the NHL busts.

Is there some sort of prize for being first? Bragging rights over the rest of the malcontents?

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Where do you get that Kupari is "busting"?

Weird obsession with folks falling over themselves to proclaim any kid not producing full time in the NHL busts.

Is there some sort of prize for being first? Bragging rights over the rest of the malcontents?

I think there's a larger obsession with prospects and conflating their value too high.

Kupari may not bust, it's just that he's in his d+3? He hasn't been impressive in the NHL and in the AHL he isnt lighting it up either. There's obviously many examples of players that follow a similar trajectory and breakout to be good NHL'ers; but there's even more examples of these prospects never making it.

I'm not dumping on Kupari, I'm saying he isn't a valuable piece when trading for players like Boeser or Garland.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I think there's a larger obsession with prospects and conflating their value too high.

Kupari may not bust, it's just that he's in his d+3? He hasn't been impressive in the NHL and in the AHL he isnt lighting it up either. There's obviously many examples of players that follow a similar trajectory and breakout to be good NHL'ers; but there's even more examples of these prospects never making it.

I'm not dumping on Kupari, I'm saying he isn't a valuable piece when trading for players like Boeser or Garland.

Didnt he blow a knee or something a couple of years back and miss a load of time?

edit.. yeah did his Acl

Kupari to undergo surgery to repair torn ACL, ending his season - LA Kings Insider

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Don't want Madden back, he sucks. Would consider it for Walker.

Walker's available. Kings just have too many right-handed defensemen. If LA is trading Walker + 1st, what else would be involved?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Cute take Kopitar and Drew off the team we are in the draft lottery.

I would say that's not true but who knows.
I still favor the draft lottery over a 1st round exit in playoff and a pick around #18

They way how i see it is that if we want to win the cup, we have to eliminate teams like Tampa or Colorado, where everyone is 6"4 and lightning fast.

Even if we make the playoff somehow, Kopitar and Doughty are not the ones being able to compete with those guys.
So keep calm and rebuild with exactly those teams in mind

Reactions: apocalypse

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Asking Canuck fans: What kind of a player is JT Miller? Is he a power forward? Does he play physically? How skilled is he? Is he a locker room cancer? I heard that he might be. He's a ppg player. I'm interested.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Asking Canuck fans: What kind of a player is JT Miller? Is he a power forward? Does he play physically? How skilled is he? Is he a locker room cancer? I heard that he might be. He's a ppg player. I'm interested.
Does it all. Great shot, excellent passer, strong faceoff guy, hits, fights, PP/PK, good at OT and shootouts. Not a cancer, but can be moody (you can hear the f-bombs during the game when things aren't going his way). Only real weakness is when the dman pinches and he has to cover for them - although that applies to most forwards in the league.

Reactions: 48MPHSlapShot

Seventy7

May 16, 2015

He’s really good at everything. Plays all situations, all F positions, drives his own offence, hits with purpose, wins puck battles, wins face offs, scores in all manners (snap, slap, dekes, garbage)…. He does make some boneheaded blind passes, but his pros far outweigh the cons. He’s a passionate blue collar Alpha male as a leader.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
I would say that's not true but who knows.
I still favor the draft lottery over a 1st round exit in playoff and a pick around #18

They way how i see it is that if we want to win the cup, we have to eliminate teams like Tampa or Colorado, where everyone is 6"4 and lightning fast.

Even if we make the playoff somehow, Kopitar and Doughty are not the ones being able to compete with those guys.
So keep calm and rebuild with exactly those teams in mind
Can you stop. your takes are embarrassing

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
The older established stars accomplished nothing for the last 7 years. 1 playoff game won in that span. Why augment the fading players when they really need to be replaced?

The Kings fans like myself don't overrate the individual prospects, that's a bunch of fans of other teams not understanding the Kings situation. Its the promise of a new, brighter future that is far more likely to produce results than wasting the fruits of the painful rebuild just to give guys who have already run their race yet another chance at winning a round.

"State of the Franchise comments from Blake and Robitaille 02/27/2022
-Robitaille opened the event with some thoughts on the team’s “Development Strategy”
Reminded that LA’s plan was to move / trade some veteran players in 2018 and 2019, then integrate younger prospects / players into the system last season and this year.
-A fan asked if there is anything special to look forward to at the Trade Deadline next month. Blake spoke a lot about how the current players are slotted where they need to be (i.e. Kopitar, Danualt, and Byfield down the middle). “We’re going to continue putting players into the right spot leading into the deadline.”

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018

Any talk of him being a "cancer" has been greatly exaggerated. He's an emotional guy, but far from a cancer. In terms of his style of play, he can play all three forward positions, has a good FO percentage, can play a relatively physical game, plays both special teams and has a ton of skill.

The only possible criticism I have of him is that he could be considered a bit of a selfish player (although his assist total would seem to discredit that claim) and has been known to give up plays from time to time.

Those are pretty minor criticisms though. Overall, he's our best forward by a landslide and losing him is going to decimate our team.

Reactions: apocalypse

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Cute take Kopitar and Drew off the team we are in the draft lottery.
Fine. That is better than 7 years of futility.

One playoff game won in 7 years and unbelievably some want to continue in the same vein because the heroes had 3 great years nearly a decade ago.

Reactions: kinghock

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
The Kings are building around a younger age group, with a mix of bridge players and loyalty to a few of the Cup players. There is almost zero chance that Blake trades the asking price for Miller, who will be 29 in a couple of weeks and primarily plays Center. Blake spent that spot on Danault in the offseason. He's also not going to trade for the headache of Boeser, who is a RFA with a $7.5M qualifying offer and has arbitration rights. The Kings already traded for a Garland in Viktor Arvidsson, who has fit very well.

There will be at some point a trade of those assets that have been mentioned in this thread, but these players are not the target for the Kings. Best bet, quit listening to attention whores like Friedman and look into other teams as potential trade targets. Like maybe the Caps.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

He’s the type of player that every team wants and the Canucks should be re-signing. I think the only reason his name has come up in trade talks is that he doesn’t want to stay in Vancouver and would prefer to be back in the USA. In that case the Canucks can’t afford to both give him the contract to convince him to sign or let him walk for nothing.

Realistically, the Canucks will end up losing any Miller trade they make as they’re very unlikely to receive a player that will ever have the impact Miller has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad