Friedman: LA Kings is looking at Vancouver for some scoring addition

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
For the record we are not forcing kings to take our forwards. It was a rumour that Blake had interest. All we are doing is seeing what offer could be out there.

It’s crystal clear most kings fans want to stand pat with their prospects and picks. Let’s see what your GM thinks though… 3-weeks left!

Very amusing that all the reported interested teams (kings, leafs, wild, rangers) fan bases want to stand pat or pry good value for cheap.

Last edited:

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
For the record we are not forcing kings to take our forwards. It was a rumour that Blake had interest. All we are doing is seeing what offer could be out there.

It’s crystal clear most kings fans want to stand pat with their prospects and picks. Let’s see what your GM thinks though… 3-weeks left!

Very amusing that all the reported interested teams (kings, leafs, wild, rangers) and all their fan base want to stand pat or pry good value for cheap.
If you're taking what Blake said word for word he also said that he's looking for a price cheaper than arvdsdon

Reactions: Guitpik

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Looks at what eichel was traded for and looks at what Vancouver fans are asking for boeser and miller......

Idk why this keeps being brought up…

Eichel was awaiting experimental neck surgery and has a cap hit twice the size of Miller on a deal with a tonne of term. The list of suitors was few.

Since 19/20
Eichel 92 gp, 39g, 60a, 99p
Miller 173 gp, 62g, 113a, 175p

Both players play aggressively and are well rounded offensively.

Considering the cap difference, I’d say
Miller + 5M cap space > Eichel

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Maybe Miller... but toffoli and boeser are close in value. You could say toffoli holds more value as he's signed for cheap the next two and a half years. While boeser is on his last rfa deal with a qualifying offer of 7.5 then takes him to ufa
The rumour is that Boeser would get a package better than what Toffoli just got.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Maybe Miller... but toffoli and boeser are close in value. You could say toffoli holds more value as he's signed for cheap the next two and a half years. While boeser is on his last rfa deal with a qualifying offer of 7.5 then takes him to ufa

There’s no “maybe” that Miller has more value than Toffoli and will get more assets. Like that isn’t even a debate.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017

Eichel was awaiting experimental neck surgery and has a cap hit twice the size of Miller on a deal with a tonne of term. The list of suitors was few.

Since 19/20

milers got one year left on his deal before he starts making eichel money and there is no guarantee he resigns. In regards to stat lines, Vancouver had a great top 6 while eichel is on an island

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Looks at what eichel was traded for and looks at what Vancouver fans are asking for boeser and miller......
Miller is not coming off major experimental surgery in nhl, and is half the cap for 2 years, 1/4th with retention

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
milers got one year left on his deal before he starts making eichel money and there is no guarantee he resigns. In regards to stat lines, Vancouver had a great top 6 while eichel is on an island

And there’s no guarantee Eichels surgery would have long term success when he was dealt. I agree Eichel is a better player… but not by a significant margin. Take off the 2OA goggles. These players aren’t that far apart when you actually break down their game/production.

And yes given that Miller has another year of term @ 5.25 makes him MORE valuable to any team taking a run RIGHT NOW.

Nucks should do everything in their power to keep him long term imho

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
And there’s no guarantee Eichels surgery would have long term success when he was dealt. I agree Eichel is a better player… but not by a significant margin. Take off the 2OA goggles. These players aren’t that far apart when you actually break down their game/production.

And yes given that Miller has another year of term @ 5.25 makes him MORE valuable to any team taking a run RIGHT NOW.
Vegas is making a run right now and traded for eichel lol. You want Blake to pay four first rounders for maybe two shots of the cup

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Vegas is making a run right now and traded for eichel lol. You want Blake to pay four first rounders for maybe two shots of the cup
And that was an amazing add for them.

What we are discussing is market trade value between Eichel and Miller. And yes this is a rare opportunity for a contender… and it comes with less risk. They could trade Miller next season if they wanted for instance.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

You're also paying for Tofolli who is 30 in a month and will be exiting his prime Vs Boeser who at 25 is just entering it.

100% Boeser will not be playing next season at 7.5 qualifying offer, He will sign with Canucks long term or get traded and sign with new team long term , either way it will be around 6.75. AAV long term.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017

Since 19/20

Eichel is regarded as close to top 10 player in league and is a center that is a very coveted position. Eichel is much much more valuable than Miller, even with his bionic neck

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Very amusing that all the reported interested teams (kings, leafs, wild, rangers) and all their fan base want to stand pat or pry good value for cheap.

I think it's more a philosophical difference than anything. I could for sure see Blake saying it's time to put some chips in play; I just personally disagree unless he gets a steal. Doesn't mean there's a right or wrong answer there.

But also based on what Blake's anti-negotiation stance, heh, seems to be--i.e. he's countered all the wild, public "1st + X" asks for basically any random player in the league with his own "sorry not gonna pay more than we did for Arvy"--it sounds like he's open to making a deal for the 'right' price, imo a slight discount, since he doesn't NEED to do anything. We're not all in this year, window arguably isn't even open yet, no one's feet are being held to the fire. You're likely to extract more from more committed teams, in short.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Its amazing to see how much message boards forums value prospect and picks over legit player that would give you a legit run at the cup. There's no gurantee with these prospects.

As a Canuck fan nothing pains me more in seeing that we didnt support the Twins enough during their prime years when they were arguably the best players in the NHL and instead we hung on to "Cant miss" prospects like Hodgson and Schroeder because they had good pre-nhl resumes and thought they were the next franchise saviors.

When you have a chance to go for it, you gotta go all in, anything can happen when youre in the playoffs.

If LA has a chance to get a player like Miller, Boeser, Garland without having to move Byfield, Turcotte, Clarke, then hell ya they should pull the trigger.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Its amazing to see how much message boards forums value prospect and picks over legit player that would give you a legit run at the cup. There's no gurantee with these prospects.

As a Canuck fan nothing pains me more in seeing that we didnt support the Twins enough during their prime years when they were arguably the best players in the NHL and instead we hung on to "Cant miss" prospects like Hodgson and Schroeder because they had good pre-nhl resumes and thought they were the next franchise saviors.

When you have a chance to go for it, you gotta go all in, anything can happen when youre in the playoffs.

If LA has a chance to get a player like Miller, Boeser, Garland without having to move Byfield, Turcotte, Clarke, then hell ya they should pull the trigger.
The Kings core is past their prime years. Doughty isnt in his prime but not as far removed as the others. But yea if you can get those players without moving pieces from the next core its a fine move. They just dont know who the next core is yet.

Reactions: kinghock

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
We can't expect to get a top line forward or top pairing defensemen without giving anything of value.

We shouldn’t be trading for one until we try our youth that’s in Ontario. If Blake really wants to add another forward he sure as hell should do it in the off season and not the deadline where tre price is usually higher.

Reactions: kinghock

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008

I hear you. I'll admit I look at their prospects as an outsider and think "Cash some in, they can't possibly all play for you"

But what I'm getting from Kings fans in this thread is a willingness to simply stay the course, let kids like Turcotte, Vilardi, etc etc develop and potentially fill these roles organically. There's risk there for sure but I get it.

They can still push their chips in and make a move down the road when they have a better idea what they have in house

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
The 1st will be difficult to pry out of L.A.
Clarke and Grans are out of question, so your 2nd offer is more likely.

I just try to figure out why you Canucks guys have Faber all wrong.
From what i read, you guys are looking for a stay at home RHD.
Faber is everything but that. He is a quick offensive minded top4 d-men
I won’t pretend to be an expert on LA’s prospects but from what I read Faber is much more defensively responsible than Grans. We don’t need pure stay at home D so much as responsible two way D. We do need someone who can PK and that didn’t seem like Grans. But this is just based on what I googled so interested to hear from those who actually watch the prospects play

Reactions: Ghetty Green

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
And that was an amazing add for them.

What we are discussing is market trade value between Eichel and Miller. And yes this is a rare opportunity for a contender… and it comes with less risk. They could trade Miller next season if they wanted for instance.

But the Kings are not contenders yet so it would be dumb to move a bunch of pieces for someone that is not under contract long enough for us to be contending. And no I have no interest at all in giving Miller his next contract.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I hear you. I'll admit I look at their prospects as an outsider and think "Cash some in, they can't possibly all play for you"

But what I'm getting from Kings fans in this thread is a willingness to simply stay the course, let kids like Turcotte, Vilardi, etc etc develop and potentially fill these roles organically. There's risk there for sure but I get it.

They can still push their chips in and make a move down the road when they have a better idea what they have in house

Doughty is 32
Kopi is 34

down the road i dont think is an option. Fair enough if they dont decide to make a legit push for a playoff run now by selling assets but I dont think it will be a better option later. If they dont decide to buy now then in my opinion they shouldnt buy next year or year after either and just sit on all these prospects until they are the main core and buy all in in like 5 years when Kopi Brown and Doughty are long gone.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
But the Kings are not contenders yet so it would be dumb to move a bunch of pieces for someone that is not under contract long enough for us to be contending. And no I have no interest at all in giving Miller his next contract.

Boeser is 25 and team controlled and long term fits the age window of the byfeilds, turcotte, clarke.
Same with Garland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad