Friedman: LA Kings is looking at Vancouver for some scoring addition

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
During Friedman and Marek show this morning.

Friendman and Marek were discussing how surprising LA Kings have been being 7-1-2 in their last 10.

Friedman mentions that Rob Blake is on record saying that they are actively looking for scoring and Friedman says to look out for something with Vancouver. He was a bit coy about it, almost as if he has intel but isnt supposed to leak it.

No mention of specific scorer that LA is interested in with either JT Miller, Boeser or perhaps even Garland.

Friedman did say though that he thinks LA isnt going to be able to get away with just giving up a 2nd and 3rd like they did for Arvidsson.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I would be really bummed if Faber gets traded. There are really only three guys I absolutely don't want to move: Byfield, Clarke, and Faber.

What's the cost on Boeser or Miller? Kupari, Grans, a 1st?

The cost for Miller is significantly different from the cost of Boeser.

Boeser= 1st and A-prospect
Miller= 1st , A-prospect + another pick ( 2nd) or another B-prospect

Reactions: bh53 and David71

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
LA can afford to sell some assets and draft picks to be able to give Doughty Kopi, Brown, Quick a last dance, without having to sell their big boys assets like Byfield, Turcotte, Clarke.

They can have their cake and eat it too

Clarke would be a home run for the Canucks but i understand he is off the table.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
My initial offer would be Athanasiou, Kupari, and a 1st for Boeser.

Kempe - Kopitar - Boeser
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Iafallo - Byfield - Kaliyev
Lemieux - Lizotte - Brown

:nod:

Reactions: KingTech and Bobby9

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Well if the Canucks are looking for young RHD, LA seems like they would be the team to talk to.

Definitely would be interested in Boeser for Grans+

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Boeser and one of those vet dmen(Schenn or Myers) for Grans, Kupari or Akil Thomas and a pick. No idea but I could see Blake being into a package for a scorer and a dman.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Are the Canucks really moving a 24 year old (I guess 25 as of tomorrow) Boeser? That signals complete tear down, as opposed to retool. Seems like the Canucks would just be spinning their wheels.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Are the Canucks really moving a 24 year old (I guess 25 as of tomorrow) Boeser? That signals complete tear down, as opposed to retool. Seems like the Canucks would just be spinning their wheels.

I think its the QO

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Grans/Faber, Kupari + pick for Boeser

Turcotte, Grans/Faber + 2023 1st for Miller
Not sure from an LA perspective, but I'd do both of these, with the Miller pick being 2022. Canucks aren't looking to rebuild, they will want the 1st as soon as they can. Waiting a year pushes the impact of that player back a year as well.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I’d likely make this deal… how’s kupari and Thomas developed?
Kupari just needs time to put it together. Very similar to Kempe when he first broke in. Big body, fast. Seems to be lacking the toolbox at the moment. Thomas had a great season last year but had double shoulder surgery in the offseason and this year seems to be a lost cause. Still a great prospect IMO, just needs to get over the mental aspect of being healed.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
How much for Pettersson? I'd rather target him than these crazy Chychrun packages. Joking, but not really.

Boeser & Garland would be decent adds. JT Miller, Kings would probably be outbid. Blake rage traded Pearson a few years back so that's probably not happening. Anyone younger & why not promote some of the King's youth.

Roy would look great next to Hughes. Moving Roy now would be an issue. Easier in offseason. Have to see if Blake moves a RD or 2 or if they just have a RD play the left.

Van & LA match up pretty well. LA has extra RD & cost controlled players. Van looking for RD & cap flexibility. Plus Van is near the bottom of LA's division hate list & Blake has a good trade relationship with Rutherford.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
It’s more to do with how much the QO can be and potentially not being the right fit (for the money).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00