Speculation: Kypreos: "Some suggest Habs will take a good run at Beleskey"

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
He played with Getzlaf and Perry, and Kesler at times. He was also a healthy scratch during the season. That's pretty much all you need to know.

He's turned down 4 years at $16 million from Anaheim. Whoever signs him will regret it, and I really hope Bergevin isn't that dumb, but I wouldn't be surprised anymore.

Oh God... this has David Clarkson written all over it. I'd love Beleskey on this team, but not at more than $3.5m.

Bergevin has said multiple times that the biggest mistakes happen on July 1st, and he's been notoriously stingy with non-francophones. Hopefully this is just speculation.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I would love Beleskey but he would have to take a pay cut over his reported $16m over 4 yr deal that he rejected from the Ducks.

I would offer him $3m over 3 years.

Yeah... I really doubt he'd take a paycut to play with either Plekanec or DD instead of Getzlaf/Kesler who are maybe one of the best center duo in the league.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I would love Beleskey but he would have to take a pay cut over his reported $16m over 4 yr deal that he rejected from the Ducks.

I would offer him $3m over 3 years.

This is like Dubnyk. It's pretty much his only chance to cash in and get paid and set himself up well. He won't take anything less than $4M, and if it's $4M on the dot, he's probably going to look at longer term.

Many were suggesting he'd be wise to take the Anaheim deal, maybe less $$ and longer term because it's a good fit and would still set himself up well. Obviously his camp doesn't believe the same.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Didn't McGuire say he'd deal the 3rd overall for Jordan Staal and Subban for Yakupov? So yes I'm happy with how it's turning out under MB (at least compared to McGuire...).

Where do you guys come up with all of these? :laugh:

McGuire wanted to package the 3rd overall pick for an established #1 centreman, to address the biggest issue this team has been facing for 2 decades. He saw a young core that was ready to make a push and would've preferred land a centre who fit our age group rather than wait for Galchenyuk to become established.

Bergevin went for the pick (he actually wanted Morgan Reilly but Timmins convinced him to take Galchenyuk). 3 years later, we're still rolling Desharnais as our #1 centre...

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I so badly want Pierre to get a GM job somewhere just to see what he does. It's easy to go on the radio and talk about all the deals you'd do, but entirely different from actually pulling trades off.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
@RealKyper: With Parenteau soon to be off books some suggest this will open room for #Canadiens to take a good run at #UFA Beleskey

That concerns me, considering the amount of money he is looking for..

Some suggest we need to mention the habs in any signing/trade rumors to generate traffic/hits.

I refuse to believe this.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006

McGuire wanted to package the 3rd overall pick for an established #1 centreman, to address the biggest issue this team has been facing for 2 decades. He saw a young core that was ready to make a push and would've preferred land a centre who fit our age group rather than wait for Galchenyuk to become established.

Bergevin went for the pick (he actually wanted Morgan Reilly but Timmins convinced him to take Galchenyuk). 3 years later, we're still rolling Desharnais as our #1 centre...

McGuire proposed those trades, he's not making it up.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I'm bent out of a shape if they even consider him. Our pro scouts should do a better ****ing job.

I agree! How hard can it be to recommend lifeless zombies needed to fit into dogmatic team philosophy?

FIRE THEM!

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal

I remember him saying, if I'm the GM I make the call to see if Subban for the Yakupov can be done. He said you'd be irresponsible not to make the call.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I've heard him say he would've traded our 3rd overall for an established centre. McGuire is also PK's biggest fan... he wouldn't have moved him for Nail freaking Yakupov.

I do remember he proposed Jordan Staal for the 3rd overall, but I don't remember Subban for Yakupov.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I remember him saying he talked to GMs while he was interviewing with Montreal and had something in place for the 3rd overall to get an established centre he thought could be the #1 the team needed. He wouldn't say who the player was though.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
The thing that makes me worried is despite this coming from Kypreos, it's not the first time I've heard it. :cry:

void

Jan 5, 2006
Are you ****ing kidding me? Belesky is looking for WAY more money than he's worth... This is bad.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
I've heard him say he would've traded our 3rd overall for an established centre. McGuire is also PK's biggest fan... he wouldn't have moved him for Nail freaking Yakupov.

I can't find find audio proof obviously but I heard him say it and it's been brought up here before.

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2013/10/14/4838700/pierre-mcguire-and-taking-the-easy-way-out
A great example of that was leading up to the 2012 NHL Entry draft, with P.K. Subban not signed to a new contract, McGuire suggested on TSN that the Montreal Canadiens would be well served to trade Subban and the third overall pick to the Oilers for the first overall pick "and something". What is "and something"? McGuire never elaborated on what it would take.

And Staal
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1182947

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
We should stay away from poor FA years and trade with western teams instead. A guy like frolik or sodeberg are getting 5m, this is ridiculous. KOvalev was making 4 or 4,5m with us? Now Pap does the same salary. It's insanity but the cap is going up so .... If beleskey is asking for more than 4m, let him walk. Im afraid MB overpays.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Hahahahahhaha

Bergevin is such a useless tool.

Any number he signs Belesky for we can add 1.3333 for the next 2 years.

Can't wait to see the 6 million dollar man next year.

LOL

#BecauseBergevin

uhhh come on man

you think our GM told any of this to kypreos? hes pulling this **** out of his ass get real man

he wont be going after any free agents, i guarantee it, hes making room for a possible trade IF anything.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
@RealKyper: With Parenteau soon to be off books some suggest this will open room for #Canadiens to take a good run at #UFA Beleskey

That concerns me, considering the amount of money he is looking for..

Awful.

Fire Bergevin.

Yeah! Because a reporter says that "some suggest" theHabs will take a good run at a player you din't like, fire him! :shakehead

The negativity around here is getting ridiculous...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad