Speculation: Kypreos: "Some suggest Habs will take a good run at Beleskey"

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
What? We are gonna give him 5m? Didn't we learn from Rene Bourque and Pap?

Thing is Matt is a characher player with a bit of skills so of course Bergevin is salivating. I would still prefer him than Pap though.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
With everyones reactions, I wonder if it's even possible to please this fanbase.

This fanbase isn't easy to please, and that's a good thing. The bandaid solutions have to end. If they are going to keep acquiring guys like Ryder, Briere, PAP, etc...then when are the kids ever going to get a chance to play??? I'd rather go with some youth instead.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'd be okay with $4m. But it will be higher because I think that's the minimum and Montreal taxes/CDN dollar will inflate it to $5m.

The only good thing is that with Max and Beleskey, it means no more Galchenyuk at LW (more than likely).

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Don't want Beleskey if it's to sign him at a Clarkson type deal. I won't mind so much if it's 2mill a year.

LOL, at the reactions for something that hasn't happened.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Hahahahahhaha

Bergevin is such a useless tool.

Any number he signs Belesky for we can add 1.3333 for the next 2 years.

Can't wait to see the 6 million dollar man next year.

LOL

#BecauseBergevin

You're calling Bergevin a tool on a signing he hasn't done???......I'm sorry......but your accusations are baseless and fictional??
And if that's the criteria for being a tool then all GM's in this league are tools, NHL is just a big toolbox full of tools

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Who did he play with?

Can you imagine this guy signing a big deal with us and then be asked to live up to the expectations when he dumps the puck in playing with Desharnais?

He's a LW. He won't be with Desharnais.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Even if it's not the best choices, i would take a run at Williams way ahead of Beleskey.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You're calling Bergevin a tool on a signing he hasn't done???......I'm sorry......but your accusations are baseless and fictional??
And if that's the criteria for being a tool then all GM's in this league are tools, NHL is just a big toolbox full of tools
Well, at least in Boston...;)

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I'd be okay with $4m. But it will be higher because I think that's the minimum and Montreal taxes/CDN dollar will inflate it to $5m.

The only good thing is that with Max and Beleskey, it means no more Galchenyuk at LW (more than likely).

If you get Beleskey, it may also mean no Galchenyuk anywhere.

We still need to sign Galchenyuk, or do you expect him to take his Qualifying Offer of $874K?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Actually, Kypreos has been notoriously accurate with the Habs over the last 7-8 years.

Maybe the Habs believe Beleskey is a late-bloomer.

Under Gainey/Gauthier Kypreos was usually pretty bang on with Habs rumours, under Bergevin he's been pretty useless for Habs stuff.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
He's a LW. He won't be with Desharnais.

It really doesn't matter...it's a recipe for failure imo. I would not risk this if I was MB, and if I was Beleskey all I would do is drive up the price using Montreal as leverage anyway. He would be nuts to sign in Montreal with ANY of our guys centering him imo...except maybe Chucky...but who knows how that's going to turn out in the end.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

All he does he post about moves Bergevin didn't make and complain about them. Using a certain feature on this board makes it way more tolerable.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
With everyones reactions, I wonder if it's even possible to please this fanbase.

Nope. Bergevin acquires Vanek to improve our top 6, for cheap. Somehow, it's MB's fault Vanek disappeared and didn't want to re-sign with us.

Bergevin acquires Petry for little. He plays good for us and we actually re-sign him. Nobody remembers.

The only faults I can give MB is the extensions to DD and Emelin. Which aren't terrible. They're slightly overpaid. That's all.

He's been doing good moves and a decent job. I guess people forgot how bad our GMs were before, since everyone here expects Bergevin to speak like birds on the first day of spring during his interviews, and that all our trades and contract signings end up with superstars that cost us little.

The expectations have gotten too high. And the panic mode button has been slapped on per-emptively habitually now.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If you get Beleskey, it may also mean no Galchenyuk anywhere.

We still need to sign Galchenyuk, or do you expect him to take his Qualifying Offer of less than $1M?

I don't think there is any indication of Bergevin letting Galchenyuk go. I don't know why someone would jump to that conclusion. There are ways to make it work, other people will be let go first.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Same fans losing their **** about MB saying his july 1st was Petry/Mitchell are the ones freaking out right now

ITS JUST A KYPREOS TWEET

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
His big year was 30pts and he's not good defensively. ****ing ew, 2.5mil is max.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Signing Beleskey for 5 million per longterm is a huge **** up in the making. :nod:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
This guy is essentially a 20-30 point player.

Any team that gives him more than 3 or 3.5 per is absolutely insane.

Word is he wants 5+. He turned down 4/16 from Anaheim.

Crazy thing is, someone will give it to him. And they will regret it big time.

If we're talking UFA's, Frolik and even Williams should be targets.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
At 4 or under which is near impossible I don't mind

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Belesky-Plekanec-Scherbak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad