Speculation: Kypreos: "Some suggest Habs will take a good run at Beleskey"

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
Hahahahahhaha

Bergevin is such a useless tool.

Any number he signs Belesky for we can add 1.3333 for the next 2 years.

Can't wait to see the 6 million dollar man next year.

LOL

#BecauseBergevin

You want to wait for him to sign Beleskey before you call him a tool? You have an agenda, it's a stupid one and it's not going anywhere.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Just give him a stupid contract and then trade him to Boston for Savard when it doesn't work out :sarcasm:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I agree which is why I am pessimistic. I don't think it's a smart move unless I've misjudged his worth.

Apparently that's ballpark of what he seems to be looking for according to what I've been reading around HF. Like I said a huge **** up in the making for the team that gives him that much. Hopefully it isn't the Habs.

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
MB just bought out a guy who was getting paid 4 mil for one more year, who posted a .39 point/game season

MB does this to free up some cap space to give more money, and more term to a guy with a .34 point/game career coming off an abnormal season in which he had an unsustainable shooting percentage.

Doesn't make any sense to me at all, so I'm inclined to think that Kyper's sources don't know what they're talking about. That's a much more comforting reality than believing MB to be stupid enough to go through with this

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
What's the point in having pro scouts if they suggest signing this guy? They do less work for their money than members of the Senate.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
On the bright side, how often does stuff about the Habs get leeked out prior to a move? Rarely so I'll cut my dick off only when I go on HF and see the headline: Montreal gives out stupid contract to David Clarkson Jr.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
MB just bought out a guy who was getting paid 4 mil for one more year, who posted a .39 point/game season

MB does this to free up some cap space to give more money, and more term to a guy with a .34 point/game career coming off an abnormal season in which he had an unsustainable shooting percentage.

Doesn't make any sense to me at all, so I'm inclined to think that Kyper's sources don't know what they're talking about. That's a much more comforting reality than believing MB to be stupid enough to go through with this

I think Kypreos' "some suggest" is just him chatting in the break-room with a few other of those sporstnet doofuses.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
If we sign beleskey at 4+m for like 4-5 years it's gonna be Rene Bourque 2.0 all over again.

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
I think Kypreos' "some suggest" is just him chatting in the break-room with a few other of those sporstnet doofuses.
Seems likely.

Bergevin's office has proven to be very tight lipped, if signing Beleskey was his intention, I doubt anyone would be hearing anything about it. Much less Kypreos

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Pierre McGuire was really pushing for the habs to pursue this guy last week, said that he's not a "feu de paille", that he's the real deal and a late bloomer.

But yeah, were talking about Pierre freaking McGuire; NHL's hype man.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Pierre McGuire was really pushing for the habs to pursue this guy last week, said that he's not a "feu de paille", that he's the real deal and a late bloomer.

I wish Pierre would see something in me. :(

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany

I remember McGuire saying on TSN690 that Eller was a black hole where plays go to die. I mean, ok, Eller hasn't proven to be top 6 material. He hasn't been given a fair chance as a top 6 but hasn't really made an argument to be ever put there. But that was a pretty harsh description of Eller. If anything, Eller's been good defensively, at least.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

It's hard to believe that Pierre could have been our GM. God help us if he got the job.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Which pro scouts suggested signing this guy???

They're not going to sign a guy without getting the green light from their pro scouts. Now obviously they havne't signed anyone and it's just speculation, but if they do that means Rick Dudley and Karpan gave the go ahead.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010

He did say that it was IF Galchenyuk was at center with Patch and Beleskey as his wingers.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I could live with a stupidly high 2 years contract. The guy just turned 27. If it doesn't work you are not tied to him long term. He gets more money for 2 years than he would get in the first 2 years of a long term contract. He has 2 years to give his 120% and sign another high long term contract when he is 29.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I think it's just speculation. I don't see how we can contend for Beleskey when there are a lot (at least 15) of other teams that have way more cap to work with than we do. IMO, they're the ones who will sign Beleskey.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
I would love Beleskey but he would have to take a pay cut over his reported $16m over 4 yr deal that he rejected from the Ducks.

I would offer him $3m over 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad