Speculation: Kypreos: "Some suggest Habs will take a good run at Beleskey"

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
@RealKyper: With Parenteau soon to be off books some suggest this will open room for #Canadiens to take a good run at #UFA Beleskey

That concerns me, considering the amount of money he is looking for..

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
tumblr_inline_mm42vh7dc81qz4rgp.gif

take a run at Frolik pls..

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I mean, Beleskey is fine and all, but he doesn't really address any needs. I have no problem with him on the third line (or second from time to time) but he's nothing to write home about.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well, if we can get him at, say, 2.5 per for 2 years, I'm fine with that.

But that probably won't happen, so...

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I mean, Beleskey is fine and all, but he doesn't really address any needs. I have no problem with him on the third line (or second from time to time) but he's nothing to write home about.

But are you fine with paying him 5+ million per year in a ridiculously weak UFA crop?

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Oh ffs, I hope it doesn't happen. Sounds like Kypreos is more thinking to himself here, but I wouldn't put it past Bergevin to sign this Clarkson 2.0 to some ridiculous contract.

dreamingofdrouin*

He was unvbelivieveable in the playoffs...8 goals....i really really do not know what will happen with this guy...he might have tremendous upside...might be a complete one off....i don't i just know i can't control it..whatever happens happens...**** it:laugh:

HabsDieHard*

Hahahahahhaha

Bergevin is such a useless tool.

Any number he signs Belesky for we can add 1.3333 for the next 2 years.

Can't wait to see the 6 million dollar man next year.

LOL

#BecauseBergevin

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He was unvbelivieveable in the playoffs...8 goals....i really really do not know what will happen with this guy...he might have tremendous upside...might be a complete one off....i don't i just know i can't control it..whatever happens happens...**** it:laugh:

He played with Getzlaf and Perry, and Kesler at times. He was also a healthy scratch during the season. That's pretty much all you need to know.

He's turned down 4 years at $16 million from Anaheim. Whoever signs him will regret it, and I really hope Bergevin isn't that dumb, but I wouldn't be surprised anymore.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Before people get too bent out of shape, let's not discuss this like it's a done deal. Just Kypreos speculation.

But yeah, I'm staying away from Beleskey at anything more than 3 or 3.5 per.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Before people get too bent out of shape, let's not discuss this like it's a done deal. Just Kypreos speculation.

But yeah, I'm staying away from Beleskey at anything more than 3 or 3.5 per.

I would love Beleskey on DD's contract. Unlike DD he actually fits into the lineup on multiple lines. 3.5 isn't that much of an overpay if he turns out to only be a third liner. Worst case scenario Hudon becomes our second line LW on an ELC while Beleskey is making whatever on the third. Lets Chucky move to center. Trade DD please.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
What Bergevin needs to do is move Tom Gilbert. With the emergence of Pateryn and the signing on Petry, Gilbert is totally expendable especially if the Habs want to make room for Tinordi....

That would free up another 2.8 Mil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad