Sportsnet: Kyper says Leafs have inquired on Berglund for Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Oh boy.....this has past all reasonable expectations of a hockey forum.

How so? The World Championships is a IIHF hockey tournament. He was disappointing with his production oversees too. Nothing unreasonable pointing this out.

In a discussion type forum, you should be able to discuss the good and bad of a player's performances.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
I think this Kadri for Berglund is a trade concept based on St. Louis interest in Jason Spezza.

They first trade Berglund to acquire Kadri and then ship him in a package to Ottawa for Spezza.

We know Otttawa's GM has liked Kadri since his draft year.

An indirect 3-way trade if you prefer.

And then Kadri plays with a fire in his belly every time we play Ottawa. great.

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
Seems like Nonis is going to trade our talent for safer players while Shanny mandates we draft talent over safer picks.

Good plan.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
The team has made the playoffs 1/10 a decade. This team has collapsed year after year, arguing with you on the merits of Grabovski helping this team with his -20, 16 point season proved only one thing, The New Team was right on keeping Bozak. That's 2-0 by my count.

We haven't made the playoffs in the 4 years that Bozak has been the #1 center, we have however had two of the biggest collapses with him there.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Worst season? He's only had one full season.

Also looking at Berglund's stats I find it no coincidence that they started to go down once Hitchcock became their coach in November of 2011. He strikes me as player who needs a change of scenery and opportunity(perhaps a different coach) to get the most out of him.

I remember when Stempniak had 2 decent season's.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Firstly: Learn to multi-quote like this.

We haven't made the playoffs in the 4 years that Bozak has been the #1 center, we have however had two of the biggest collapses with him there.

As far as I remember hockey is a team sport.

I remember when Stempniak had 2 decent season's.

Stempniak was subject of a poor system that didn't work for him. I remember what happened after he got traded to Phoenix though.

Last I checked we got a pretty good player for Stajan, granted it was Burke at the helm.

Nonis pulled the deal, not Burke.

So one senior exec is enough to make your point?:laugh: Last I checked the Sivler Fox was also a senior exec and he did wonders for us.

Burke did great for us, but Nonis has only been in charge for just over a year. As good as he was, he was a distraction to the organization, which is why MLSE had to get rid of him.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Firstly: Learn to multi-quote like this.

As far as I remember hockey is a team sport.

Stempniak was subject of a poor system that didn't work for him. I remember what happened after he got traded to Phoenix though.

Nonis pulled the deal, not Burke.

Burke did great for us, but Nonis has only been in charge for just over a year. As good as he was, he was a distraction to the organization, which is why MLSE had to get rid of him.

The posts I quoted were on different pages, I responded when I first saw them. But next time I'll make sure to not upset your royal highness.

Really, Hockey is a team sport? When did that happen? Maybe you should inform Interactif/honesthockey about this revelation considering he's the one blaming the 23 year old for us missing the playoffs.

Stempniak had one good run with Phoenix, what has he done since, what did he do in the playoffs?

The Phaneuf deal was Burke, he just gives out far more praise then some people deserve. Burke set the target and Burke set what he'd be willing to give up. He wasn't the type of person to boast all about himself.

In one year Nonis hasn't given me much to feel confident about. But like you said, he does deserve more time and I'm willing to give him that, we'll see what he does this year.

HonestHockey*

So your solution is to trade him for a soft player who is not a center on his own team....Kadri is a pain in the ass to play against, as seen by just how many players he pisses off....he draws penalties among the best in the league as a result. He hits hard and a lot more frequent to the player you are suggesting to trade him for.

Do you have anything else to back up your opinion of this stupid trade?

So that's your idea of hard to play against? Kadri hits more and draws more penalties than Anze Kopitar therefor he's harder to play against. :laugh:

HonestHockey*

Skills learned in the AHL cannot be replicated in the NHL. Got it.

And you act shocked when people call you out over blanket statements with no merit. :lol:

So his NHL coach has said this? And no his AHL skills did not carry over in this account. :)

Keep comparing the AHL to the NHL though.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
All Kyper said that they inquired. Which is Nonises job. They need to know what is the cost for what player on what team, and then they can make some decisions.

It's amazing how worked up people get over these articles/ tweets, yet we do it all over again every single time.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the call went something like this:

"Hey, we hear you're looking to deal Berglund. What are you looking for?"

"Kadri"

"Right. Have a good night."

Click.

But hey, Leafs offered Kadri for Berglund draws more hits.

Or, even more likely, its complete BS. News outlets need to create traffic these days so ppl have something to do on their devices connected to the Interweb. Otherwise, how else can they fill their five second slot attention spans.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
See THIS is not a bad deal. There's no way we'd do kadri for Berglund straight up, but Berglund and a 1st? Maybe.......

The only way this makes any sense is if we have a 1c, and we don't. This trade gives us a 2c, 3c, and 4c if Holland plays up and they decide he doesn't have what it takes to be the first 2. There'll be no offense on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th lines at all, and no defense on the 2nd. This helps how exactly?

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Seriously man? I'd much rather have Oshie over Berglund. Kadri's value is probably double that of Berglunds.

Kadri + Franson

For

Oshie + Berglund

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Seriously man? I'd much rather have Oshie over Berglund. Kadri's value is probably double that of Berglunds.

Kadri + Franson

For

Oshie + Berglund

Kadri couldn't get Oshie by himself and they definitely don't need Franson.

I might do Kadri for Berglund and Polak and go a pure defensive system. Can't do worse than what we have now I suppose but Berglund doesn't help defensively all that much and he's basically a 30-40 point player

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
See THIS is not a bad deal. There's no way we'd do kadri for Berglund straight up, but Berglund and a 1st? Maybe.......

The added first could be used as currency to move up in the draft from #8 or we can pick a player at #21, it's all just speculation, but I loved how Detroit moved down last yr picked Mantha and got another pick.

Got to max out assets by being proactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad