I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just an FYI, Kyper also said the Leafs have enquired about Kesler

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
I wouldn't be opposed to this but there has to be more to it than that. I mean, Berglund is a good player and he's a mammoth of a man... but Kadri has exponentially more skill & talent. There has to be more to it...

Berglund & Shattenkirk
for
Kadri ... + ??

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Just an FYI, Kyper also said the Leafs have enquired about Kesler

Nonis was interested in him before the trade deadline. Honestly, I would not want to trade Kadri for any center above the age of 25. That goes against what Nonis said, when he would trade youth player for youth player.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
i'd rather keep kadri. berglund is great but kadri has the offensive power.

i won't be opposed if we expanded the deal to berglund + shattenkirk for kadri + franson + 8th/finn

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Berglund is big and slow. Not a fan of his, or the offense he provides. Toronto needs more coming back with Berglund, perhaps Sobotka.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Kessler? Berglund for Kadri? Just pack it in and find a new team to cheer.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
No way I would trade Kadri for Bergland. I thought the idea was to upgrade. Unless Bergland has magically become a no. 1 C overnight, he is hardly even a 2 C.
We have Gauthier in our system to fill this need. Give us something we don't have.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think this Kadri for Berglund is a trade concept based on St. Louis interest in Jason Spezza.

They first trade Berglund to acquire Kadri and then ship him in a package to Ottawa for Spezza.

We know Otttawa's GM has liked Kadri since his draft year.

An indirect 3-way trade if you prefer.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think this Kadri for Berglund is a trade concept based on St. Louis interest in Jason Spezza.

They first trade Berglund to acquire Kadri and then ship him in a package to Ottawa for Spezza.

I could actually see that. If we did it we get fleeced. Don't ge me started on the reasons why not to trade for Kessler.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
If you look in depth at this ''rumor'' i see it this way

Kadri+ for Berglund+shattenkirk (or an NHL ready D prospect)
==> it means we won't resign bolland+we have another deal in place to acquire a top 1/2 C (Dion for E Staal)

If you look at it this way, i wont' be mad at this !!

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Sorry but St. Louis is going to have to make a better offer for Kadri than Bergland. Bergland and Shattenkirk for Kadri and a little something ok.

HockeyAndWings

Dec 18, 2006
Nope, unless they improve their offer or this is part of a bigger trade. Leafs seriously need to stop trying to improve through trade and free agency which is often expensive and not very cost effective.

Leafs need to put more time and resources into acquiring our future and building our core from the draft, as this is the cheapest and most cost effective way to acquire talent and improve this team.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Berglund is not a bad player, infact he is a solid player, perhaps Leafs are looking for more complete players with size. He is not without talent, proven 52 point Center.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB

They're thinking the same as you on the Trade Proposal forum...

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
They're thinking the same as you on the Trade Proposal forum...

There seems to be a lot of smoke in regards to Spezza today.

Singing The Blues?

As per Andy Strickland of St. Louis's Big 550 KTRS, the Blues are Jason Spezza's top choice as a possible trade destination.

Strickland adds that Spezza believes he's headed to either the Blues or the Anaheim Ducks.

Since a Leafs trade with Ottawa for Kadri would be highly unlikely it would take a 3rd team to complete such a transaction being my thinking.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, clearly will need to be a heck of a lot more than just Berglund in that case. Sure, getting more size up the middle is fine but downgrading the talent isn't. Would have to be a much bigger trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad