Rumor: Kyle Dubas travels to to NYC to take in the flames vs rangers game. Why?

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I have no problem giving up Buchnevich and Skjei for Nylander. Andersson can easily replace Buchnevich and the Rangers are loaded on the left side on defense in the organization. Hajek IMO is NHL ready.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Real reason: They came into town to celebrate Lou Lamoriello's 76th birthday, and wanted to expense the trip. Since Lou is in bed before game time, they had a chance to take in a game. :sarcasm:
No source. But it was Lou's birthday, and if you add a dash of fact to your outrageous rumor, it makes it fly faster.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I've wanted Mcquaid here for a few years now. He's not perfect by any stretch but hes big, will push people around and throw his weight around. He'd be a perfect fit in Toronto. He was never going to come here from the Bruins, they'd never trade him here.

Reactions: coupe93 and Catch22

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Hayes-Mcquaid + for Nylander

Not sure on the plus ? Pick doesent make sense prospect D doesent make sense ?

Size toughness Faceoff abilty secondary scoring

Move Kadri up on the wing to get him going ?
Hayes slides into his spot .
Are you guys serious with these proposals? This is page after page of horrendous offers for a first line player. Would you trade a young 60+ point first liner for a third pairing D and a 40 point center?

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Zucc would be an amazing fit in Toronto. He will play the veteran role perfectly , he’s competitive he would thrive and put up points on the Leafs and would bring leadership to a young group. I would not wanna see that trade . Zucc and Mcquaid for Nylander +.
i am certain that any kind of deal with Zuccarello going to toronto, Zuc definitely wouldnt be the main piece for nylander. hed be the plus piece.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Honestly don't see a trade that makes sense for the Leafs here.

And I can't believe people are discussing Andersen and Lundqvist? Andersen isn't being traded, he's here to stay. Young, average #1 goalie is what we need.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Are you guys serious with these proposals? This is page after page of horrendous offers for a first line player. Would you trade a young 60+ point first liner for a third pairing D and a 40 point center?

Hayes F/O % is much lower than I thought but he does bring excellent size and secondary scoring he is in a contract year .

Mcquaid also UFA lots of playoff experience ...toughness inside track on Bostons system and players . Great depth and can play on the 3rd pair come playoffs.

It gives the leaf solid adds for a Run and doesn't cost long-term dollars.
Late 1rst 2nd 3rd doesn't seem as a valuable to me as Hayes -Mcquaid and the Plus whatever it would be Forward Prospect or current roster player .

The + wasn't discussed or brought up as a likely lottery pick is too much.

Toronto is Flush with young D in the system ...the PLUS would be significant obviously ....just not sure what would be agreeable .

Nylander 1-1 is ideal with a different partner in regards to a trade with the Rangers this is all I can envision in regards to a hockey trade .

I would expect Lias would be kept to compliment Nylander in this scenario .

Honestly think the Rangers would be one of the worst targets to move Nylander.

BillNy

Jun 20, 2018
nylander/andersen for lundqvist(assuming he waives nmc)

I love Lundqvist, he's the best goalie of his generation, and depending on whether Luongo counts as "his generation" - it's maybe not even close. But I'm not into trading a 22 year old first line scorer to get a 36 year old, $7.5MM goalie who's put up a .915 save percentage since 2015-16, especially when the much cheaper, much younger Frederik Andersen has put .918 in that time.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Hayes F/O % is much lower than I thought but he does bring excellent size and secondary scoring he is in a contract year .

Mcquaid also UFA lots of playoff experience ...toughness inside track on Bostons system and players . Great depth and can play on the 3rd pair come playoffs.

It gives the leaf solid adds for a Run and doesn't cost long-term dollars.
Late 1rst 2nd 3rd doesn't seem as a valuable to me as Hayes -Mcquaid and the Plus whatever it would be Forward Prospect or current roster player .

The + wasn't discussed or brought up as a likely lottery pick is too much.

Toronto is Flush with young D in the system ...the PLUS would be significant obviously ....just not sure what would be agreeable .

Nylander 1-1 is ideal with a different partner in regards to a trade with the Rangers this is all I can envision in regards to a hockey trade .

I would expect Lias would be kept to compliment Nylander in this scenario .

Honestly think the Rangers would be one of the worst targets to move Nylander.
The Leafs should be looking at quality in any Nylander trade scenario. Let's be real here, a guy like Mcquaid is a pretty minor player, he alone isn't worth a lot. Hayes is good but not great. Nylander should be able to land you one really nice piece in return, hes likely to be an 80 point player in the next few years. I'm not trading that for 3rd pairing dmen and 2nd/3rd line centers. Asking for a young top 4 defender isn't unreasonable despite what some around here would suggest.

BillNy

Jun 20, 2018
Hayes-Mcquaid + for Nylander

Not sure on the plus ? Pick doesent make sense prospect D doesent make sense ?

Size toughness Faceoff abilty secondary scoring

Move Kadri up on the wing to get him going ?
Hayes slides into his spot .

lmao. A 22 year old first line scorer for two 2019 UFAs, one of whom is a 26 y/o forward who's never hit 50 points, and the other is a 32 defenseman who's always been a possession black home. Especially considering the Leafs' needs, McQuaid is an especially bad fit. Given the system, the big problem with Hainsey/Zaitsev is they're so bad with the puck, both passing and handling. McQuaid doesn't fix that. (The ideal defenseman is cheap, young, inexpensive, and solid with the pick. A guy like Connor Carrick who oh my god this team is still stupid as hell).

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
The Leafs should be looking at quality in any Nylander trade scenario. Let's be real here, a guy like Mcquaid is a pretty minor player, he alone isn't worth a lot. Hayes is good but not great. Nylander should be able to land you one really nice piece in return, hes likely to be an 80 point player in the next few years. I'm not trading that for 3rd pairing dmen and 2nd/3rd line centers. Asking for a young top 4 defender isn't unreasonable despite what some around here would suggest.

Agree on all points .....the Plus needs to be mentioned again I guess it wasent Hayes + Mcquaid alone

With regards to a hockey trade with the Rangers who they 100% shouldn't be targeting this made the most sense regarding a run this year and still saving cap and not waiting years for picks to develop .

He should go nowhere unless a quality defensive /2way RHD is coming back I'm just commenting on if it had to be the Rags for whatever reason .

I believe Nylander ends up an above average Center flirting with 80 every year.

It's just not going to happen in Toronto and I believe that has as much to do with the current situation as anything .

There was an obvious large + to be added to 2 Very useful UFAs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad