Rumor: Kyle Dubas travels to to NYC to take in the flames vs rangers game. Why?

Danny1237

Jun 12, 2016
This is honestly not true.

The only thing that is in Andersen’s favour is his age.

Well Andersen was better last year, and is younger, so that is a huge "only".

The problem with goalies is the gap between a good goalie to great goalie to elite goalie is very very small these days. Personally I think Andersen and Lundqvist are on the same level in terms of ability today, but Andersen's age and lower cap hit make him far more valuable in any trade.

Even then, being Far more valuable as a goalie probably doesn't get much in a trade. Goalies don't get big returns.

Schneider may have gotten the biggest return we have seen in about 20 years for a goalie, and it was a 6th overall pick, and was traded for the GM in the NHL who probably still values goalies more than anyone else. He was a still young, elite level goalie, on a team friendly deal.

So getting Nylander for a 36 year old goalie who is overpaid, is just a no go frm the start.

Reactions: LighthouseKeepr

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Every time I've ever mentioned that players paid millions are still human, people harp on me.
But I wonder if some rumors swirling around might be getting into the heads of some of
the players.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Hayes and McQuad+ is a non-started for Nylander. Thats like saying a 2nd Rounder + 3rd Rounder +. The basis is bad, what is needed to be added to the trade is more valuable than the basis. The reason you are getting so many replies is because the trade is bad. I'm sure it looks great from a Rangers perspective, Leafs aren't interested though.

I'm gonna stop the basis is there spin it however you wish just be courteous enough to include the total of the ask .

He isn't signed...... an offer sheet gets you a 1rst 2nd 3rd

None of which helps this year I'm sure they aren't interested it's not the point .

And you know as well as I do they get more than A 2nd and 3rd that was being koi to make a point .

Polak at the DL Douglas Murray ? Lol

How about Tomas "Turtleneck" Plekanec ?
Etc...........

Nobody acknowledged the + was it edited out in every reply?

No

Nylander is a hold-out and threatening to sign in another league ?

Three contributing pieces for a chance at a cup or zero return while he plays elsewhere ?

No

Then the replies don't really hit home with me .
It's just more of the same.

Don't get it twisted NY is a horrible partner ?

Skej and Buchnevich would be fair to me I just can't see a rebuilding team with solid Center prospects doing that for Willy .

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Well, NYR put an end to that last night by playing terrible .

Danny1237

Jun 12, 2016
Why don't you mention the Plus ? Your the second guy replying that didn't acknowledge a Plus ?

Cherry Pick much .

To be fair, it doesn't merit a mention. When someone says "plus" at the end of a deal, they usually mean a sweetner that is far less valuable then the pieces mentioned specifically, so since the comment sees virtually no value in McQuaid or Hayes, the "plus" has no bearing.

It's not like someone would say it's Nylander for a 7th rounder +, with the plus being a top prospect and a 1st.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
NY are a re-tooling team and a good fit for a developing Nylander.

There are all sorts of players on NY that TOR could use.

Last edited:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Nylander has always been considered the third best when Toronto's big 3 are mentioned by the media. That stuff could get to you, and if you're Nylander, playing in NY where you'd be the best forward and get paid more than Toronto is a pretty attractive option.

I love Nylander as a player but in the end I'd like players who want to be here. I'd make sure NY gives up their 1st this year though, if not, it would be a package involving Lias Anderson + Brady Skjei +

That's what it would take.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Schneider may have gotten the biggest return we have seen in about 20 years for a goalie, and it was a 6th overall pick, and was traded for the GM in the NHL who probably still values goalies more than anyone else. He was a still young, elite level goalie, on a team friendly deal.

9th overall, not 6th

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
To be fair, it doesn't merit a mention. When someone says "plus" at the end of a deal, they usually mean a sweetner that is far less valuable then the pieces mentioned specifically, so since the comment sees virtually no value in McQuaid or Hayes, the "plus" has no bearing.

It's not like someone would say it's Nylander for a 7th rounder +, with the plus being a top prospect and a 1st.

Usually so for some reason I give the impression from the analysis that I think Hayes and Mcquaid is alone worth a 60 PT winger primed to break out lol

Apparently I'm saving face because nobody read or chose not to mention the Plus hahahaha to a 7th c'mon your not even trying and to arbitarily think you know what plus I meant when I genuinely asked for feedback and nobody mentined it haha GTFOH lol

Usually means a sweetener ! Lol I guess your a mind reader now next time I'll take the time to explain that the plus much be equal to or greater than a 7th c'mon don't be so casual ......tell me what I meant ? Haha

It's like your trying to create friction because I dident expressly identfy the plus which should have been I just took for granted most aren't such casual fans it was self explanatory well at least not the impression that I meant a seventh lol . A seventh ? Jeremy Bracco + ........really

Hahaha

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
My guess is he is considering making a move for a rangers dman. Would love to get Skjei on our team. Mcquaid also a good option. Who else could he be scouting?

I thought Friedman say he was traveling to swissland to meet with nylander. Maybe easier to go through nyc. Long layover..go see a game.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Really have no interest in any Ranger assets. Hopefully we were there scouting the Flames. ;)

Why would we want nylander, and what would the ask be? If anything, the flames need hamonic back asap to stabilize the back end, because goal scoring isn't a problem right now, but our defense has been sloppy. If andersson or valimaki is part of the deal, we should hang up immediately.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I'd make sure NY gives up their 1st this year though, if not, it would be a package involving Lias Anderson + Brady Skjei +

No team who is firmly in the running for Jack Hughes is going to give up that pick for William Nylander. Those who think the Rangers 1st is on the table should get that out of their head. NYR is a bottom 5 squad who could very well finish last.

Lias and Brady would be a haul. I could see that happening with a small add from Toronto, maybe a late 2nd.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Nylander has always been considered the third best when Toronto's big 3 are mentioned by the media. That stuff could get to you, and if you're Nylander, playing in NY where you'd be the best forward and get paid more than Toronto is a pretty attractive option.

I love Nylander as a player but in the end I'd like players who want to be here. I'd make sure NY gives up their 1st this year though, if not, it would be a package involving Lias Anderson + Brady Skjei +

Got a few more + you want? We're not giving up our first this year, and I don't see us adding another plus on top of Skjei and Lias.

Reactions: slg1963

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018

Usually........Someone......no value,....no bearing .

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018

What + did you have in mind?

Lol jeez that was easy

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Id want Pionk if i were Dubas in any type of trade... I think he plays a very solid game and is a righty. Plays alot of mins in all scenerios.

Impressive young dman

Reactions: Catch22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad