LeBrun: " Kyle Dubas is listening to everyone on his roster outside of his "core guys" "

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
How's Tyler Bertuzzi doing for the Leafs? 22 points in 53 games while making $5.5 million a year. Or how about Reaves? 2 goals and 2 points in 28 games while signed for 3 years as a 37 year old. Or how about Kampf? 9 points in 50 games, signed for 4 years at $2.5 million. Or how about Klingberg, who was mercifully put on LTIR because of how bad he was when healthy? Or what about Samsonov, who's currently rocking an .882 save% for the Leafs?

Again, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If not for Matthews and Nylander having monster years, the Leafs wouldn't even be in a playoff spot.
lol!

So your critique is the zero risk 1 year deals in Toronto? That’s not the chirp you think it is. If Dubas learned to do that we wouldn’t have had to pay assets to dump Marleau, Ritchie, Mrazek, etc. but you’ll find out all about that soon.

How’s that hilarious term he handed out to Graves? Buying Karlsson’s bloated contract after a career season? Giving term to the walking bandaid Acciari?

It’s funny you now admit he sucks but want to dunk on TOR to deflect. Not too long ago you were one of the more arrogant voices pumping him up.

Btw the Leafs have an almost identical record to last season at their current GP mark.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Guentzel to Winnipeg, what would it take?
As mentioned previously, I think the Giroux structure is about right - young player with potential, 1st, 3rd.

Looking at the Winnipeg roster, the young player gets tough to peg. I'd obviously want Perfetti but I doubt you guys give him up :laugh:. So a guy like Barron or Lambert might make more sense. If we finish bottom 10 this year, we keep our 2024 1st and give SJ our 2025 1st, so I would ask for: Barron/Lambert, 2025 1st (no conditions), 2024 3rd.
"Mr Fitz from Jersey on line 1 Mr Dubas"
We have a lot of appealing pieces for New Jersey and honestly, you guys have appealing pieces as well. There are two things here though: You guys are competing for playoffs/cups but to get, you have to give. Next, you're a division rival, so I would expect prices to be slightly higher. Plus - you guys owe us for Marino ;)

Pettersson+Neds to NJD...we can do the Bahl, 1st, 2nd dance or we could get more creative and base it around Holtz/Mercer which is what we really need. Not sure what Mercer is looking for next year or how that fits your cap structure, but Pettersson at $4mil is MIGHTY nice.
What would be the price for Marcus Pettersson?
Depends on what the other team can offer. See above where I suggested Bahl+1st+something minor. I could also see 2 2nds. I could see a conditional 1st+2nd. I could see us taking a player on to help with cap and having there be an adjustment of value either way to even it out.

Problem also is, Pettersson is our best defender and he's signed to a very nice contract this year and next. Keeping him and extending him is what the Penguins SHOULD be doing because our left side is weak without him. So I have to think that it will take a very good offer (read: slight overpayment) to get him. Tanev is likely returning a 1st as a UFA. Then you have Hanifin out there as well. With how many teams wanting a LD upgrade, the 3rd place team may be willing to pay to get a guy after missing out twice.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
lol!

So your critique is the zero risk 1 year deals in Toronto? That’s not the chirp you think it is. If Dubas learned to do that we wouldn’t have had to pay assets to dump Marleau, Ritchie, Mrazek, etc. but you’ll find out all about that soon.

How’s that hilarious term he handed out to Graves? Buying Karlsson’s bloated contract after a career season? Giving term to the walking bandaid Acciari?

It’s funny you now admit he sucks but want to dunk on TOR to deflect. Not too long ago you were one of the more arrogant voices pumping him up.

Btw the Leafs have an almost identical record to last season at their current GP mark.
To be fair to Dubas, that was him cleaning up a Lou mistake in Marleau. (but the point still stands, the 1 year deals are perfect for Toronto.)

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
This pathetic piece of shit fraud is the worst GM in the history of the NHL quite, quite easily hahaha. Extremely thankful Kyle Dumbass isn’t with the Leafs anymore. I will never get over how he absolutely pissed away prime years of the most promising rebuild the Leafs have ever had. He is about to run the Penguins into the ground. The fact that Crosby might never play a playoff game ever again (unless he requests a trade of course) should not sit well with anyone.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Something to the effect of a 1st, younger player(s), and cap dumps to make it work. The 1st can be removed if an additional decent prospect is added.

I know nothing about WPG's prospect pool.
It would have to be much better than a ''decent'' prospect, besides Jake likely has the Jets on his 12 team NTC.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
This pathetic piece of shit fraud is the worst GM in the history of the NHL quite, quite easily hahaha. Extremely thankful Kyle Dumbass isn’t with the Leafs anymore. I will never get over how he absolutely pissed away prime years of the most promising rebuild the Leafs have ever had. He is about to run the Penguins into the ground. The fact that Crosby might never play a playoff game ever again (unless he requests a trade of course) should not sit well with anyone.

Are you the guy who chirped Kyle's grandma on twitter? I want to say it was last year, maybe the year before.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Treliving's resume is far uglier than Dubas'.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

Going from Dubas to Treliving isnt anything to write home about. 🤔 treliving is just as bad of a GM in his own ways.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Going from Dubas to Treliving isnt anything to write home about. 🤔 treliving is just as bad of a GM in his own ways.

I truly believe Leafs fans who come in these kind of threads to shit on Dubas are just trying to distract themselves with how bad Treliving has been for the Leafs.

The Leafs are a Matthews injury away from not even being a playoff team. They're a flat out bad team beyond Matthews, Marner and Nylander.

Reactions: Mr Kot

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
lol!

"Zero risk" outside of "wasting the core years with Matthews, Marner and Nylander". But yeah, you'll definitely love Brad Treliving for consistently striking out on those additions, just like Penguins fans love Ray Shero for what he did for the Penguins from 2010-2014!

I'm not "dunking on Treliving to deflect", if anything Leafs fans who come in here to shit on Dubas are doing that with Treliving. There are no Penguins fans going into Leafs threads to say "lol look at how stupid Treliving is, I bet you wish you still had Dubas!", it's always Leafs trolls going into Penguins threads to shit on Dubas.

It's not even about "Dubas has done a great job", because he objectively hasn't. It's about "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones", because your loser team hired another loser GM and he's doing the same loser GM stuff that he did in Calgary. Shit talking Dubas for doing a mediocre/poor job with the Penguins when your own GM is doing a shit job with the Leafs is just hilariously ignorant.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I just like the obviousness of the title. “Dubas willing to answer phone, do his job.” No shit he’s taking calls.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I truly believe Leafs fans who come in these kind of threads to shit on Dubas are just trying to distract themselves with how bad Treliving has been for the Leafs.

The Leafs are a Matthews injury away from not even being a playoff team. They're a flat out bad team beyond Matthews, Marner and Nylander.

You won't find a single Flames fan within Alberta who misses Brad Treiving, especially after the horrible contracts he gave out to Kadri and Huberdeau.

You're going to give a 90 million dollar contract to a player before he's even played a single game for your franchise. 🙄

I've been saying it for years that Treliving is a horrible GM.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

They're a few points off last years pace. Dubas is overrated and now their sycophants are starting to realize it.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Hextall buried this franchise. Stopgap moves and locking up too many 30 year olds with long term NTC contracts. That was the time to purge for assets, rebuild on the fly, and right about now come out of it with new blood to support Crosby/Malkin/Letang. Too late to do that now.

Reactions: wgknestrick

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

The first statement is false. I'll happily shit all over Dubas whenever I can. Treliving's incompetence is irrelevant.

The second statement you couldn't be more correct. Dubas built a horribly top heavy team, that will take more than one season to fix

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The second statement you couldn't be more correct. Dubas built a horribly top heavy team, that will take more than one season to fix
And how is Treliving going to fix it when he just signed Matthews and Nylander to new contracts, and probably wants to get Marner done as well?

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad