LeBrun: " Kyle Dubas is listening to everyone on his roster outside of his "core guys" "

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The first statement is false. I'll happily shit all over Dubas whenever I can. Treliving's incompetence is irrelevant.

The second statement you couldn't be more correct. Dubas built a horribly top heavy team, that will take more than one season to fix

So apparently Dubas deserves to be shit on for not fixing all of the issues with the Penguins in 1 off-season, but Treliving doesn't get any blame for not fixing all of the issues with the Leafs in 1 off-season?

Reactions: sxvnert

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
And how is Treliving going to fix it when he just signed Matthews and Nylander to new contracts, and probably wants to get Marner done as well?
He's not. He's proven with those signings he's almost as big of an idiot as Dubas.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
So apparently Dubas deserves to be shit on for not fixing all of the issues with the Penguins in 1 off-season, but Treliving doesn't get any blame for not fixing all of the issues with the Leafs in 1 off-season?
No, Dubas is blamed for building a shit team over 5 years in Toronto, and trading for one of the worst contracts in the league as one of his first orders of buisness in Pittsburgh.

The Pens wouldn't be fixed in one offseason, but he sure did take a step backwards

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Dubas deserves to be shit on because of his holier than thou attitude.

Reactions: JKG33

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dubas deserves to be shit on because of his holier than thou attitude.

I mean yeah, that's valid. I'm not saying there's nothing to shit on Dubas for, I even said I think he's done a fairly poor job as the Penguins GM.

It's just annoying to see Leafs fans coming in here saying "LOL DUBAS HAS DONE A TERRIBLE JOB AND KILLED THE PENGUINS!", when pretty much anything you can point at for Dubas doing a shit job can also be applied to Treliving in Toronto. It's not a "you're wrong about your opinion of Dubas" situation, it's "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" situation.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Brad Treliving said in an interview not long after he signed as Leafs GM, that he wants to keep the current core together.

So Im not surprised that Matthews and Nylander got re-signed. Matthews is a bit high, But he's on a relatively short 4-year term. So if it doesn't work out by then, then he can go sign in his hometown Arizona.

The Nylander contract makes no sense to me because the guy is having a career year and Brad had a glorious opportunity to trade him for a haul. Trade him to Nashville and you easily get Saros and Carrier coming back. Even if it's for Saros straight up you still do it. Brad missed out big time to address 2 glaring weaknesses on the roster.

Instead Brad signs him to an awful contract that is not going to look good once Nylander regresses back to a 70-point player next year.

So expect Marner to be resigned within the next year

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
The Penguins are that guy who stays past last call and wakes up in a "bad situation". You won your cups. It's time to have the conversations and move on. Adding Karlsson to this was a mistake. All your main ingredients are expired. You can't spice your way out of this.
Funny thing is, I think the main ingredients are fine.

Crosby 55p/53games is great value at 8.7m
Malkin 42p/53gm at 6.1m is also fine
Letang 32p/53gp at 6.1m also fine

That's the core. And they are doing their part. Sure they are declining, but the value for their cap hits is still great. The rest of the roster is hollowed out, and I don't see how you fix it.

Guentzel, Rust, Pettersson and Nedeljkovic are great for their roles and cap hits. Eller has surprised. After that though? The other half of the roster is garbage.

Karlsson was an interesting move, but he hasn't had an impact commensurate with his trade price or cap hit.
Graves sucks.
Jarry is bad when it matters, always has been.
Smith and Rakell are empty sweaters lately.
Carter, Nieto and Acciari are ghosts.
Our "youth" are all replacement level: DOC, POJ, Puljijarvi, Ludvig, Puustinen, Harkins

You need to roll over half the roster to fix this, and there's no picks, prospects or cap space to do it. We are toast because of our depth.

• Wow
Reactions: Ignatius

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
"Zero risk" outside of "wasting the core years with Matthews, Marner and Nylander". But yeah, you'll definitely love Brad Treliving for consistently striking out on those additions, just like Penguins fans love Ray Shero for what he did for the Penguins from 2010-2014!

I'm not "dunking on Treliving to deflect", if anything Leafs fans who come in here to shit on Dubas are doing that with Treliving. There are no Penguins fans going into Leafs threads to say "lol look at how stupid Treliving is, I bet you wish you still had Dubas!", it's always Leafs trolls going into Penguins threads to shit on Dubas.

It's not even about "Dubas has done a great job", because he objectively hasn't. It's about "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones", because your loser team hired another loser GM and he's doing the same loser GM stuff that he did in Calgary. Shit talking Dubas for doing a mediocre/poor job with the Penguins when your own GM is doing a shit job with the Leafs is just hilariously ignorant.
lol believe me, more than enough fans come into Leaf threads to chime in on anything, including the 1.3m contract you’re shook by. Based on how you react to mild criticism in one thread you wouldn’t last a week in a bigger market with that level of sensitivity.

I’ll take my chances on the field over continuing to toil with Dubas. You were quite vocal in his early days with the Pens, and he’s a former Leaf GM, so these convos on a discussion board shouldn’t blow your mind.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
You are definitely saying this out of pure emotion and spite.

I'm sorry, but you need to read this:

"Pittsburgh sent a 2024 first-round pick, forward Mikael Granlund and defenceman Jan Rutta to San Jose and goaltender Casey DeSmith, defenceman Jeff Petry, a 2025 second-round pick and prospect Nathan Legare to Montreal as part of the deal for the three-time Norris Trophy winner."

A lot of assets out the door for EK. There is no way Dubas is going to add him to the Garage Sale.
Yeah but...
Granlund was considered negative value. Rutta and DeSmith were'nt worth a trade asset either way, just cap dumps, Petry was overpaid and Legare is never making the show.

So it's a 1st a 2nd and 1.5M retained to get Karlsson and be rid of Hextall's follys in Granlund and Petry.

If someone offers a 1st and some spare change for EK, you don't look at that as a loss.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
How's Tyler Bertuzzi doing for the Leafs? 22 points in 53 games while making $5.5 million a year. Or how about Reaves? 2 goals and 2 points in 28 games while signed for 3 years as a 37 year old. Or how about Kampf? 9 points in 50 games, signed for 4 years at $2.5 million. Or how about Klingberg, who was mercifully put on LTIR because of how bad he was when healthy? Or what about Samsonov, who's currently rocking an .882 save% for the Leafs?

Again, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If not for Matthews and Nylander having monster years, the Leafs wouldn't even be in a playoff spot.
Klingberg was put on LTIR because of his injury. A team cannot be put on LTIR for any other reason. Though I suppose one could argue that his bad play was a result of his injury. I wouldn't agree with you there either, but at least it is a more probable senerio.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
This pathetic piece of shit fraud is the worst GM in the history of the NHL quite, quite easily hahaha. Extremely thankful Kyle Dumbass isn’t with the Leafs anymore. I will never get over how he absolutely pissed away prime years of the most promising rebuild the Leafs have ever had. He is about to run the Penguins into the ground. The fact that Crosby might never play a playoff game ever again (unless he requests a trade of course) should not sit well with anyone.
Don’t forget his glasses.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Yeah but...
Granlund was considered negative value. Rutta and DeSmith were'nt worth a trade asset either way, just cap dumps, Petry was overpaid and Legare is never making the show.

So it's a 1st a 2nd and 1.5M retained to get Karlsson and be rid of Hextall's follys in Granlund and Petry.

If someone offers a 1st and some spare change for EK, you don't look at that as a loss.
According to San Jose?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Dubas is getting shit on for adding to your ''issues'' with the brutal long term deals anchors he added .

so you can keep deflecting by bringing up Tre but the facts are he didn't add any long term anchors outside of Reaves who will cost about 200k in cap to bury

but hey i guess that's as bad as having Graves for 5 more seasons among other long term anchors Dubas added , lol

Last edited:
Reactions: violaswallet

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Poor Crosby and Malkin. Being made available so that Dubas can turn down offers for Jeff Carter and Graves and Puljujarvi? Bold move Dubas, let's see if it pays off.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Man LeBrun wasn't joking, he meant EVERYONE. Can't believe Dubas traded Nylander.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dubas is getting shit on for adding to your ''issues'' with the brutal long term deals anchors he added .

so you can keep deflecting by bringing up Tre but the facts are he didn't add any long term anchors outside of Reaves who will cost about 200k in cap to bury

but hey i guess that's as bad as having Graves for 5 more seasons among other long term anchors Dubas added , lol

I like how Acciari is a "long term anchor" but Kampf somehow isn't.

Graves was a bad add by Dubas, that is true. Doesn't change the fact that Treliving has also been dogshit for the Leafs.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
The player who will receive a lot of interest is Pettersson. The problem is, it creates a huge hole, they’ll have to replace before next season. He’s also on a nice contract, which they need more of, not less.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I like how Acciari is a "long term anchor" but Kampf somehow isn't.

Graves was a bad add by Dubas, that is true. Doesn't change the fact that Treliving has also been dogshit for the Leafs.
because as i explained , it'll only cost about 200k to bury him unlike Accari who's dead cap if buried is about triple

but if bringing up Tre helps you cope with the disaster Dubas has already been then have at er . lol

got to ask , you remind me alot of nobodies favorite poster on the Leafs board ''Dekes for Days'' , any relation

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
The player who will receive a lot of interest is Pettersson. The problem is, it creates a huge hole, they’ll have to replace before next season. He’s also on a nice contract, which they need more of, not less.
does it really matter if trading Pettersson leaves a hole . it's not like the Pens are going to be better next year

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Isnt that obvious for any NHL team? Like if you get a good offer for a non core guy, sorry but youre gone?

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Treliving's resume is far uglier than Dubas'.

Not even close. I could write a 300 page novel on the mistakes Dubas made. But for starters I’ll just mention a 1st for Foligno, McCann exposed to protect Justin f***in Holl, Marchment for Malgin, letting Hyman walk, bringing in absolute dud goalies like Sparks, Hutchinson, Mrazek, Campbell and Murray, Marner contract was pathetic, the fact he waited on Marner’s contract was pathetic, trading a 1st to get rid of Marleau’s contract when no GM ever did that before, trading Kadri for f***in Barrie and Kerfoot…my goodness. The list goes on and I could list off a bunch more if I dove deeper and looked into it. The absolute most atrocious GM in NHL history. It takes a special amount of incompetence to piss away so many prime years the way he did, but he did. It’s actually quite impressive.

Are you the guy who chirped Kyle's grandma on twitter? I want to say it was last year, maybe the year before.
No. That was not me. I absolutely loathe Dubis but I would never do that.

Going from Dubas to Treliving isnt anything to write home about. 🤔 treliving is just as bad of a GM in his own ways.

See what I wrote above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cleetus and hotpaws

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino