LeBrun: " Kyle Dubas is listening to everyone on his roster outside of his "core guys" "

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I truly believe Leafs fans who come in these kind of threads to shit on Dubas are just trying to distract themselves with how bad Treliving has been for the Leafs.

The Leafs are a Matthews injury away from not even being a playoff team. They're a flat out bad team beyond Matthews, Marner and Nylander.
The irony of saying this when Dubas built the majority of this team :laugh:

Dude could never understand how to acquire talent that would actually stick around.

He won't win anything in this league for a longggggggggggggggggg time.

What Treliving did in Calgary scares the shit out of me. Its weird that the zero success Dubas had doesn't scare the shit out of Pens fans. But I guess it was pretty dark there with Hextall and BURKE (trust us we know).

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Maybe we can interest either of you groups with a slightly used Pierre Dorion who I understand is available.
Your 1st round picks are as safe around Dorion as your dog is around the ATF. So no.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Interest in Jake Guentzel around the league hasn't waned at all, despite him being on injured reserve through the March 8 deadline. It still seems likely Guentzel is on the move. I've heard the asking price on Guentzel is multiple first-round picks (or a first-round pick and equivalent in top prospects or roster players). One rival executive said "the Guentzel asking price is ridiculous."

The Penguins have made it clear that all non-core players on their roster could be available -- and not just looking for future assets, but hockey trades too (though those are typically easier over the summer). Veteran Reilly Smith hasn't had the smoothest transition in Pittsburgh, but there's increasing league-wide interest in the veteran forward, who won a Stanley Cup last season with the Golden Knights. Two of Smith's former teams, Vegas and Florida, could be fits -- as could the Hurricanes.

Reactions: KrisLeturnover

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
The pens are a PO team in basically every metric outside of the PP so Dubi doesn't have to reinvent the wheel here.

Hopefully, he trades Jake, Ned, Smith, etc., and is allowed to fire Sully in the summer.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers offer a 6th round pick for Jeff Carter 50% retained. What say you Pens fans? Would Dubas do right by him and give him possibly his last shot on a contender?

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Oilers offer a 6th round pick for Jeff Carter 50% retained. What say you Pens fans? Would Dubas do right by him and give him possibly his last shot on a contender?

Question is if we have other guys that need retention spots.

But if one is open, sure.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Question is if we have other guys that need retention spots.

But if one is open, sure.

True. I realize the retention slot thing is an issue. Right now one will be earmarked for Guentzal. So 1 out of 3 is already gone. Do you guys have 2 more guys before Carter that will need to be shipped with retention?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
True. I realize the retention slot thing is an issue. Right now one will be earmarked for Guentzal. So 1 out of 3 is already gone. Do you guys have 2 more guys before Carter that will need to be shipped with retention?

We are already using one on Petry. We may also use one on Smith or Rakell I guess.

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
potentially.
Ned
MP
Smith

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

Not sure why anyone would want Carter but sure.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Not sure why anyone would want Carter but sure.

Haven’t watched much of him lately. But would he be okay as a 4C that could win some faceoffs, be responsible defensively, and chip in some goals, or is he like completely cooked?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Who are the “core” guys Dubas is referring to? Crosby, Malkin, Letang and EK?

Reactions: hn777

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
So apparently Dubas deserves to be shit on for not fixing all of the issues with the Penguins in 1 off-season, but Trellvling doesn't get any blame for not fixing all of the issues with the Leafs in 1 off-season?
I mean saunter on over to the Leafs forum, he get's plenty of blame there. I imagine you were referring more to the main forums however.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Isn’t what’s left kinda not so good considering Guentzl is injured? Not too sure what Dubas is expecting to sell

fid the Sharks retain any on EK?
Jake will be back two days after TDL. He'll be skating mid-end of next week. It's not a serious injury. And we'll very likely retain.

Last edited:

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
I see the Toronto fanatics (in a literal sense) have taken over yet another Penguins thread. Very exhausting. 1967 lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00