Rumor: Kyle Clifford to the Leafs?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
For what it’s worth both the Mayor and Bernstein have said the chance Clifford would be move was 1% and they said that was being generous. Those two are as in touch with the Kings as anyone.

Was this recently or has been a couple of weeks?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Are we talking about Kyle Clifford here ????

I am more than confused.
Clifford is one of the main examples for what is wrong with the Kings.
Zero talent, no skating but a hard worker.

I would be super surprised if someone would offer more than a 6th rounder if any at all.
You can find these kind of players in bunches at any beer fest.

PumperNichol

Sep 2, 2007

I am more than confused.

I would be super surprised if someone would offer more than a 6th rounder if any at all.

Wrong....not even worth a full response.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I didn't hear the conversation but from reading it, is Kypreos even saying he hears a rumor of Clifford to the Leafs... Or people are talking about Clifford as a good player to trade for that'd be cheaper than Simmonds or Ferland

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
Yeah I'd rather not. He's one of the few players that actually gives 100% every game. We can't just trade away all the vets, you need to keep some around. What would we get a 4th round pick?? Not worth it.

Reactions: go4hockey

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017

I am more than confused.

Things look different on the Kings these days. He's the only valve left pumping on a once fully beating heart.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Well there's a fine line right. Asking way too much and keeping him on a last place team that clearly needs a rebuild as their core is aging. I do agree Blake needs to try to sell when he's high, but can't be Mike Gillis blind who hung onto Lu, traded Corey for junk, then traded Lu to late for junk. That rumor way back was leafs offered Naz, Jake and a 1st wow did Mike blow that

Forgot about him..he only took off when Boeser came in. But my bad

Wow. This is just bad. People get suspended for less.

Clifford would be an excellent addition to the Leafs bottom 6 for a playoff run this year and next but his contract, although no huge likely takes up too much space and I doubt LA retains. His value is also likely more to LA then other teams, but I would still move him for a close offer. He has intangibles that bode well for the playoffs, was part of 2 cups, on the ice for the winning goal in the last one. Boyle received a 2nd. I can see Blake gauging value from that.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Are you serious or clueless? Bracco has 15 goals in the AHL this year in 52 games and 6 last year in 50 games. Most of his points are assists and he's on a very good Marlies squad. There is not guarantee he sniffs the NHL next year either. He's a good prospect not A+ like you may be thinking.
well thats generally how playmakers get their points. also, not that i pay much attention to the AHL but a team sitting in 6th in their conference is a very good team?

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I don't think it works unless they retain like 50% of his salary for next year. Not that he isn't 'worth' his contract, but on the Leafs it just doesn't make sense to add a salary like that to the 4th line going into next year. Which probably makes a trade unlikely from both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad