Rumor: Kyle Clifford to the Leafs?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If Clifford is so highly valued can the Leafs not work out a scenario where they just borrow him for a playoff run and trade him back?

Zaitsev
Lindholm
Borgman

for

Phaneuf
Clifford

then send Clifford back in the summer for future considerations

you cant just sneak zaitsev’s 7-year, $4.5 million, modified no movement clause starting next year, bottom pairing contract into a trade for clifford

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
you cant just sneak zaitsev’s 7-year, $4.5 million, modified no movement clause starting next year, bottom pairing contract into a trade for clifford
It is a no trade I believe. It wouldn't be snuck in anyway. It would if Dubas wanted to trade him, be negotiated with Blake.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Are you serious or clueless? Bracco has 15 goals in the AHL this year in 52 games and 6 last year in 50 games. Most of his points are assists and he's on a very good Marlies squad. There is not guarantee he sniffs the NHL next year either. He's a good prospect not A+ like you may be thinking.

That's certainly one way of putting it.

Another would be that it is trading a 21-year old PPG player in the AHL for a 4th liner, and throwing in a 3rd rounder to boot.

Sorry, but that's too steep a price IMO.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Why?Kings have plenty of cap space and wont be contending for at lease a few years.Kings will have the young guys coming in and taking roster spots.Clifford's attitude and heart is needed in the room.Kings should actually strip Doughtys letter off and give it to Clifford.

wow one of the best things I have read that u have said If i could have liked this twice I would have

Reactions: deaderhead28

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
That's certainly one way of putting it.

Another would be that it is trading a 21-year old PPG player in the AHL for a 4th liner, and throwing in a 3rd rounder to boot.

Sorry, but that's too steep a price IMO.
There has been many ahl ppg or close to that ended up wavier fodder in less then a year. Nick Shore pops into mind for this kings fan. Ahl success does not automatically translate into nhl success.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I’d offer Connor Brown + B/C prospect (Timashov/Rasanen/Brooks) + later pick for Clifford @ 1 mil

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
There has been many ahl ppg or close to that ended up wavier fodder in less then a year. Nick Shore pops into mind for this kings fan. Ahl success does not automatically translate into nhl success.
This is kind of misleading, how else is one supposed to value a player other than looking at his development. I have said it countless times lately, it amazes me how far people will go to devalue players on this site...i mean you are now saying a guy putting up good numbers in the AHL is somehow negative?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
This is kind of misleading, how else is one supposed to value a player other than looking at his development. I have said it countless times lately, it amazes me how far people will go to devalue players on this site...i mean you are now saying a guy putting up good numbers in the AHL is somehow negative?
NO im not saying it does my friend but at the same time its no garented he can do it in the nhl All im saying is leaf fans are talking like its a garrentee he scores in nhl I am saying there are many examples of players where it doesn't. I would be warry of trading for him as i am not in favour of smaller players In this day and age of equipment I think smaller players have a bigger risk of injury. There are examples of a smaller player making it but many more not . He needs to play in nhl before i would take that risk my friend.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

I'm not guaranteeing Bracco's success or anything, but I don't think trading him for Clifford is a good idea.

He's our current top forward prospect.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I'm not guaranteeing Bracco's success or anything, but I don't think trading him for Clifford is a good idea.

He's our current top forward prospect.
Which is fine i'm not saying the kings would even want him to be honest As much as we need to get faster I dont see us in a rush to get smaller at the same time. I was not directing my comment necessarily at u It was more a general post as i see many of leaf nation and general prospects talking as if they would automatically be a big scorer in nhl which is not true. Bracco needs to show something n nhl before talking like its automatic and i don't see him getting top 6 mins there to prove it one wa or the other

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
what sorta pick ? if 4h or higher deal with Rasanen being the prospect deal for me and i am probably the person the doesnt want to trade clifford the most
I would do that if it was a 4th.

Connor Brown
Eemeli Rasanen
2019 4th rounder

For

Kyle Clifford @ 1 mil per

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
If Clifford is so highly valued can the Leafs not work out a scenario where they just borrow him for a playoff run and trade him back?

Zaitsev
Lindholm
Borgman

for

Phaneuf
Clifford

then send Clifford back in the summer for future considerations

Zaitsev is your problem LA should have no interest in having him part of any deal Too much money for way to long for what he brings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->