Rumor: Kyle Clifford to the Leafs?

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
you cant just sneak zaitsev’s 7-year, $4.5 million, modified no movement clause starting next year, bottom pairing contract into a trade for clifford

Zaitsev is a #4 at worst in my opinion. I don't watch every Leafs game but I watch quite a few since Matthews was drafted. I feel like his struggles are due to the fact that they don't use him properly. In his rookie year he was used as an offensive guy now he's used as a shut down guy which is the issue.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Zaitsev is a #4 at worst in my opinion. I don't watch every Leafs game but I watch quite a few since Matthews was drafted. I feel like his struggles are due to the fact that they don't use him properly. In his rookie year he was used as an offensive guy now he's used as a shut down guy which is the issue.
Keep Zaitsev we dont want him.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

That’s fine, I don’t think he’s a terrible player and I hope he works out for you. It just doesn’t make any sense for the Kings to take on his contract. If the Kings are looking to compete again in the expansion year, having a 31-year-old Zaitsev with two years left on his contract doesn’t really fit the game plan.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
That’s fine, I don’t think he’s a terrible player and I hope he works out for you. It just doesn’t make any sense for the Kings to take on his contract. If the Kings are looking to compete again in the expansion year, having a 31-year-old Zaitsev with two years left on his contract doesn’t really fit the game plan.

No im not a Leaf fan im just saying like I watch them a lot and he's not what everyone on hear says. I know that Phanuefs contract is shorter but he's a lot worse which made me feel like it was a bit of a trade off. I understand if a Kings fan would not like it tho.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Kings will roll with Clifford Amadio Wager as their 4th line. After Hags, Lewis is next on deck IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad