Recalled/Assigned: Kulak called up!

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
A few weeks ago, Reilly was considered a revelation around these parts.

He played like a revelation, but I think the bigger role and minutes caught up to him. I'd be interested to see how he does with a consistent partner and less than 20 minutes.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Pick ur poison

Jordie Benn
Victor Mete
Karl Alzner
David Schlemko
Mike Reilly
Xavier Ouellet

:biglaugh:

I'm guessing either Mete (waivers exempt) or Alzner (0% chance of getting claimed) because they probably want someone to replace Kulak in the AHL. If I'm MB I'm keeping with Mete because duh he's better and go with

Reilly - Weber
Mete - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen

Then trade/waive one of: Benn, Schlemko, Ouellet

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Brownie points to anyone who can give me not one, but two (one is literal and the other one figurative) definitions of the word "kulak" as it's pronounced in Russian. :D

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't think so to be honest. You see a guy like Svechnikov who many(myself included) thought he was MUCH better than Kotkaniemi. Right now? I'd take Kotkaniemi. I like this MVA(Most Valuable Asset) approach.

That's draft hindsight. With the info we had at the time and the way Kotkaniemi was rising through draft lists, Kotkaniemi was the BPA.

Even if one were to compare the players now, you couldn't possibly make a definitive assessment about both players with so few NHL games played. Or, maybe you can -- it would then be your opinion and I respect it.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
#17 Craig Ludwig ... good memories 1988-89 his plus-minus was great

Funny, I didn't think about Ludwig when I saw that he'd wear no. 17. For some strange reason, I thought of Murray Wilson.

For shits and giggles, Kulak will join the following list:

The number 17 has been worn by twenty nine players for the Habs in over a 100 years of history, but only two make it to this list. Who wore it better? Also to wear #17: Art Alexander, Jim Bartlett, Gerry Blaine, Rene Bourque, Dustin Boyd, Benoit Brunet, Chris Campoli, Bob Dawes, Paul Gauthier, Lucien Grenier, Hugo Harrington, Larry Hillman, Mark Lamb, Charlie Langois*, Rod Langway, Georges Laraque, Russ Lowe, Craig Ludwig, Fern Majeau, John McCormack, Ken Reardon, Phil Roberto, Rolland Rossignol, Bill Summerhill, Nils Tremblay, Jason Ward, and Murray Wilson. (typo: Langlois) Also: John Leclair.

POLL: Who Wore It Best: #17

The article providing the above info is from 2013 -- don't know if anyone else has worn it since.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Funny, I didn't think about Ludwig when I saw that he'd wear no. 17. For some strange reason, I thought of Murray Wilson.

For ****s and giggles, Kulak will join the following list:

The number 17 has been worn by twenty nine players for the Habs in over a 100 years of history, but only two make it to this list. Who wore it better? Also to wear #17: Art Alexander, Jim Bartlett, Gerry Blaine, Rene Bourque, Dustin Boyd, Benoit Brunet, Chris Campoli, Bob Dawes, Paul Gauthier, Lucien Grenier, Hugo Harrington, Larry Hillman, Mark Lamb, Charlie Langois*, Rod Langway, Georges Laraque, Russ Lowe, Craig Ludwig, Fern Majeau, John McCormack, Ken Reardon, Phil Roberto, Rolland Rossignol, Bill Summerhill, Nils Tremblay, Jason Ward, and Murray Wilson. (typo: Langlois) Also: John Leclair.

The article providing the above info is from 2013 -- don't know if anyone else has worn it since.
I still have my Leclair jersey although it dosen't quite fit like it used to.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I should do that and get my wife to wear it on "special occassions". I should be able to then see my LeClair jersey about 3 times a year. How come your still up by the way lol?

:laugh:

Yeah, I slept on the couch, woke up in the middle of the night and got Black Friday poster ideas.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Bzzzzt! Not quite right, sorry.

Being a native Russian speaker myself, I won't easily fall for a dictionary definition of your first one.
Peasants that instead of working hard in the field tried to make a living on the back of other peasants.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A few weeks ago, Reilly was considered a revelation around these parts.

The Reilly/Juulsen pairing fit. Reilly is the type that clearly needs someone reliable to be paired up with. Maybe he works well with Weber? We will see if they try this.

Looking forward to see what kind of game Kulak has.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Brett Kulak era begins. But not without an etymological analysis ...

Brownie points to anyone who can give me not one, but two (one is literal and the other one figurative) definitions of the word "kulak" as it's pronounced in Russian. :D

Kuleć: to limp, to hobble ...

eCu1TpS.gif

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West

For ****s and giggles, Kulak will join the following list:

I was a big fan of Craig Ludwig,but the name Larry Hillman got my attention.I had his hockey card when I was a kid.He played a rough and tumble style of game.I believe he had a brother Terry?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad