Recalled/Assigned: Kulak called up!

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
For the amount Benn has played and the match ups he faces he’s overachieving - yeah he looks bad but given 17 mins/night against lower comp he’d be ok

Schlemko and Ouelett have looked like ECHLrs against weak competition

Mete belongs in Laval

Hopefully Kulak is the answer, I’d even prefer Lolzner to Schlemko or Xman

Reactions: Archijerej

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Anyone know why Calgary traded this guy away for magic beans? Seems like he can play at least.

contract dispute....he wanted a big time raise after just a few games in the NHL..Calgary threw him on waivers right before arbitration hearing to prove a point..he still got 900.000 ..and they dealt him

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
contract dispute....he wanted a big time raise after just a few games in the NHL..Calgary threw him on waivers right before arbitration hearing to prove a point..he still got 900.000 ..and they dealt him

A budding star, then, who Drouin will fully understand.

Reactions: dinodebino

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Habs have 13 forwards and 7 d-men. They can afford an extra skater until Weber is back.

Who's worst D-man ? For me, they are all pretty bad. Only Reilly and Petry should be assured to play.
Reilly should be assured not one god damn minute
He’s terrible on his own end
It’s why Julien scratched him

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
IMO, Reilly would be okay with weber and mete would be okay with Petry, if no other changes occurred.

I'm just curious to see what Kulak can bring to the D-Corps...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Reilly-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Mete-Juulsen

I like that dcore, IF Kulak plays well - a big if. But Julien likes Benn and Schlemko. Tough to see him take them out of the lineup for Mete.

I really dislike Schlemko - slow, slow with the puck, and soft. Although Benn can't skate, stickhandle or pass, at least he brings grit, toughness, and blocks shots.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
AHL/NHL
AHL/NHL
AHL/AHL
Juulsen is definitely NHL caliber, he’s looking very solid.

Xxxx-Weber
Xxxx-Petry
Xxxx-Juulsen

We are set at RD, the 3 LD positions are for the taking:

In no perticular order

Reilly
Kulak
Romanov
Mete
Sklenika
Moravcik
Olofsson

We need to draft some LD talent with our first and second round picks in 2019.

Reactions: Habs4Life

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Juulsen is definitely NHL caliber, he’s looking very solid.

Xxxx-Weber
Xxxx-Petry
Xxxx-Juulsen

We are set at RD, the 3 LD positions are for the taking:

In no perticular order

Reilly
Kulak
Romanov
Mete
Sklenika
Moravcik
Olofsson

We need to draft some LD talent with our first and second round picks in 2019.
dude you do realize if we draft solely LDs with our high picks, eventually we'' be in the same position for our Right side defense?? Just draft BPA and/or make trades for LDs if need be.

Reactions: Runner77

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Only if they are the clear BPA. I don't think it's a good idea to draft for need at the expense of talent with early picks.
It worked out for us with Kotkaniemi. At this point we are too desperate not to go for the best LD available, even if that means reaching a spot or two out of ranking.

Broberg
Byrum
Vlasic
York
Harley
Mironov
Robertson
Warren

We should target one of these guys, which ever one we land closest to. Unless their is a player available that you just can’t pass on.
Our prospect pool is stacked at RD and all 3 roster spots are taken with Weber, Petry, Juulsen.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
dude you do realize if we draft solely LDs with our high picks, eventually we'' be in the same position for our Right side defense?? Just draft BPA and/or make trades for LDs if need be.
We have Brooks, and Fleury coming up on RD, we are stacked. Can we just draft a top LD already? We are very thin.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Reilly should be assured not one god damn minute
He’s terrible on his own end
It’s why Julien scratched him
Agreed
There is a reason Minnesota gave him away for a bucket of pucks

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorba

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It worked out for us with Kotkaniemi. At this point we are too desperate not to go for the best LD available, even if that means reaching a spot or two out of ranking.

Broberg
Byrum
Vlasic
York
Harley
Mironov
Robertson
Warren

We should target one of these guys, which ever one we land closest to. Unless their is a player available that you just can’t pass on.
Our prospect pool is stacked at RD and all 3 roster spots are taken with Weber, Petry, Juulsen.

It could be argued that Kotkaniemi was the BPA -- and he clearly was for several teams. He was only under the radar in early draft rankings.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It could be argued that Kotkaniemi was the BPA -- and he clearly was for several teams. He was only under the radar in early draft rankings.
I don't think so to be honest. You see a guy like Svechnikov who many(myself included) thought he was MUCH better than Kotkaniemi. Right now? I'd take Kotkaniemi. I like this MVA(Most Valuable Asset) approach.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
At the AHL level, he's dominant. He is very fluid, he anticipates plays very well, he shoots well, passes well, pinches once in a while... He really looks head and shoulders above everybody else on defense. I don't know how well it will translate though.

I don't think you could say he's "hard" to play against. IMO, he's a bit like Schlemko. People around here don't have a very high opinion of David but at the AHL level he was amazing. I think he's trying to do way too much in the NHL and hopefully Kulak won't fall into that trap. He has the mobility and the physique to be effective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad